ebay mg-34 kits

anyone seen the resin and pvc mg-34 kits on ebay? the detail on em looks good, but I'm really wary of resin anything at this point especially for somethin to troop with.

If you got some of this guys gear, pipe up and let us know how it stacks up.

ebay seller name: randomodditiescom

I'm interested to find out more about these also. I asked the guy several questions via eBay, but he never responded. His feedback is mixed . . . here are the latest five comments:

Good - Fast shipment, workmanship so-so. i would purchase from this seller again.

Nuetral - ok

Negative - Very poor quality product, not recommended.

Negative - poor quality !!!!amateur hour!!!!terrible!!!!!no talent!!!!bad picture!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Be careful of prop dealers making resin 34s from Ohio. I got ripped off by some jerk in Ohio a couple of years back. Same looking resin MG34 too. Reported him to Paypal, helped get him booted from paypal, all to just loose $115.

I saw this auction, but the minute I saw Ohio... Well, it is just too much of a coincidense for me.

Also, looks like his site is gone too. Hmm.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Be careful of prop dealers making resin 34s from Ohio. I got ripped off by some jerk in Ohio a couple of years back. Same looking resin MG34 too. Reported him to Paypal, helped get him booted from paypal, all to just loose $115.

I saw this auction, but the minute I saw Ohio... Well, it is just too much of a coincidense for me.

Also, looks like his site is gone too. Hmm.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Paul, I am a member of the Ohio Garrison Command staff. If you could try to get me any info on the person who ripped you off I would appreciate it. And if possible we might be able to help get your money back. (If you still have some kind of proof of the transaction after so long.) We had one person that was kicked out of the Garrison over a year ago because of shady dealings.

Lastly there are a couple new prop makers here in Ohio, with more on the way. Don't be afraid to get on the Ohio Garrison forums and ask about dealers here in Ohio, and if you do have problems we NEED to know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got mine and I'm well at the moment apathetic at the moment haha. As far as dealing with them was good no problems there for me, didn't get shipped out very quickly but I'm generally pretty patient about those things. But the quality is definately not worth what I paid for it. I figured it would come as a kit that I would put together but came in 3 peices and was pre-assembled for the most part as well as painted and detailed. The detail on the weapon having not seen a real MG-34 isn't too bad but the modling on the right half of the gun is all off and there is aobut a half inch split in the butt. Quality isn't there to be a good option I would think for most people. Going to email them shortly and see what can be done about this.

If anyone wants I will see about posting some pictures of it.

Hey guys, I am new to the TD's website here and I just joined the 501st. I am making the TK to TD transition at the moment and I happened to purchase an ANH E-11 from this guy about 3-4 months ago. I beleive that this guy truely wants to make a decent go at prop making, but his skills and materials are lacking. The blaster had a pvc barrel and the entire rest of the blaster was made from bent and formed sheet metal that was paper thin. I was very disappointed. I am not sure if his quality of work has gotten any better with his MG 34's but I would be very leary. I did purchase one of the vaccum formed MG 34's in kit form from another vendor. I have done a considerable amount of work on it and it looks pretty good. I would recommend them if you are on a budget.