Real MG 34 and MG 42 prices?

Hey guys, don't post much here, (actually my first post) but I have recently come across the opportunity to purchase a real MG 34 and MG42 from a friend. Don't know what a "fair" price would be for each of them. They look like they are in really great shape.

Can you guys help?

Thanks!

Geo

Hey guys, don't post much here, (actually my first post) but I have recently come across the opportunity to purchase a real MG 34 and MG42 from a friend. Don't know what a "fair" price would be for each of them. They look like they are in really great shape.

Can you guys help?

Thanks!

Geo

Hey man, great to see someone from my neck of the woods. As far as pricing goes, are these actually all in good condition. I've seen decommissioned ones go for 4 to 5 grand. They are cut up and non-functioning. If you do get the MG 34 let me know I would love to get some measurements off of it and some pictures.

Good luck and stay in touch.

It's going to be hard to give an accurate answer without knowing more about the weapons in question. Are they replicas, are they original WWII???

Two quick examples;

Real German MG-42 --- $26,995.00

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162763207

Yugoslavian 8mm MG-42 replica ---- $2,149

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163520457

Figured I would toss these up as some extreme examples on this, being a replica (functioning or non-functioning) or an original makes a huge difference.

Thanks guys!

As far as I know they are original guns, they do not look like replicas. I only got to see them for a bit today. A friend of mine's father collected military items including some guns. I'll try and load a couple of pics I took with my phone tomorrow. I should be able to go and take more pics. My friends dad passed away unfortunately before I could talk to him about them. He told me he'd sell them to me at market value -10%. They appear to be the real deal and are not in pieces, I assume they have been decommissioned.

What I'd like to do is buy them, mold them, and them sell casts to cover my purchase costs.

Hey Bill, glad to see a 70th explorer here! Still haven't finished my TD! (taking forever)

Thanks and will try and get more info soon,

Geo

Depends on many things, mostly the price depends on some collector criterias like:

Condition of the parts: used or "new" (some parts, complete MG's went directly from the depot to some collectors after WW2, they're in 1a condition and really expensive if you can lay your hands on one of these babies).

Serial number: Weapon collectors look for the serial number. If a weapon has one serial number on all/most parts then you can add 1.000+ bucks on top.

Origin: A used MG 42 from Yugoslavia are mostly fabricated after WW2 and are much cheaper than a "real" WW2 MG from germany.

From 500 EUR to 2500 EUR everything is possible.

Cheers,

TK-607

From 500 EUR to 2500 EUR everything is possible.

i can only echo what TK-607 already wrote.

only one thing more, i doubt there are too many MG´s in the US in good conditions.

the US law is very strict so it would be almost impossible to get one shipped over.

the MG you´re looking for is already in the US, right?

btw.

the MG-42 wasn´t used by Sandtroopers! so if you want to have a screenaccurate BFG go for the MG-34.

afaik only one of the bountyhunters had a MG-42, i think it was Dengar!

The prices don't seem that bad actually. I bet you could either apply for the necessary permit to actually be able to import real weapons or find someone who will broker it for you in the US.

Reminds me - I really need to get my CWP. :-p

Thanks again guys,

Guess I need to figure out the Euro to US $ conversion. :D

I'm going over this Saturday to take a look at them again and get more photos. I'll try and post some next week. As far as I can tell they are originals not replicas, they are heavy as ****!! :o

I'll look for the serial numbers. Have to research a bit to know where they are to compare. If they aren't decommissioned, I'm assuming that you could "dry fire" them and not if they are "decommed"?

Thanks guys!

Geo

Well, one of my favorite subjects. I am a gun dealer. :)

As for a real MG-34, you have to have a class 3 stamp in the US to actually own one, because it is a full automatic weapon.

Now for another note. I can get a true operating replica of the MG 34, in a semi automatic model for around $3500.00 shipped to me. It would have to be transferred to another dealer in your area if in the states, but not a problem getting one.

Like I said, if it is a true MG34 it is full auto, and you have to have a class 3 federal stamp or license to own it.

Cost of stamp. $250 A YEAR! cheaper to buy the semi auto reproduction.

Chief

There was a shop down town Copenhagen (closed a few month ago), there sold mint ww2 MG34 for 1800$.

One of my garrison buddy´s have one, i have troop whit it for a few minutes.

Its too heavy for trooping, but cool as a display for sure ;)

Thanks guys,

I'm going to assume that these are non working originals. I don't think my buddy's father would have paid $250 a year just to have them in his closet. ;) Will let you know after I have a look at them again. Not really looking to have one that shoots anyway. It'd be pretty cool though! Think you could take it dear hunting? :lol:

Thanks again for all of your help and feedback!

Geo

The ww2 MG34 weapons he sold in the gun Copenhagen store, was non fire ones.

The gun lock was damage, and the pipe was cut up and not to be taken out again.

So they will never fire again, but all the other things works on it.

Like loading it, trigger etc :)

Last time I was at the range (indoor), a guy came in with a full-auto, belt-fed MG-34, complete with tripod. He set it up and everyone just stood back curiously watching. When he went full auto, it was like a joy-gasm. His gun looked a bit odd though, I think his lower receiver was a newer reproduction or something.

Thanks guys, and thanks Rolf! Definitely gonna "investigate" them more tomorrow! Appreciate ALL the help. I'm thinking of offering him @$1000 each. Think that'd be good?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought an MG-34 in good nick a year or so ago for 600 GBP and sold it recently for 850 GBP. Very cool thing to have but way too heavy for anything troop-related, except display.

TC

I bought an MG-34 in good nick a year or so ago for 600 GBP and sold it recently for 850 GBP. Very cool thing to have but way too heavy for anything troop-related, except display.

TC

My friend have buy a same price in italy (deactivate Weapon)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another, slightly cheaper (but just as heavy!) option in the 'Euro zone' is one of these full metal replicas:

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=13211598

Some of the details have been simplified, the sights are solid pieces so you can't fiddle the range finder, but for the price (roughly £350) it's not too shabby...