Sandtrooper Patrol in Mexico City

iconoclasta_88

There has been some discussion about forming something like a squad of patrol formed of only TDs, in Mexican Garrison. This has been going on an on for years now. But till just recently it had never gone anywhere. Till yesterday.

Four TDs met and patrol the surroundings of the Angel de la Independencia, the most important landmark in Mexico. Over there, every sunday morning the avenue is closed to cars so that ppl can come toguether and have fun riding bikes, skating, running and just fooling around.

So that is what we did, just fooled around in TD armor. Had lots of pictures taken, and some imperial patrolling.

This was an amazing Troop, a very special and one of a kind troop for me cause after several years as a TD, I finally felt like being a TD patrol in Mos Eisley, not having some not matching characters as Clones, Bikers or even Vader. It was awesome!!

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our patrol was made up of:

TD 8800 iconoclasta

TD 8330 Infernu

TD 4639 Bantha

TD 5516 Ponytrooper

We had lots of fun TD style!

Saludos.

Too cool juan.

In my garrison we are around 10 or so, but only around 3 living close by for trooping.

I hope we will grow here one day too, so we can make a small squad patrol too.

Nice pics, all ways good to see your accurate armor in action bro.

And oh... i envy your weather here from cold Denmark.

Cheers bro :)

THX everyone for your cool comments!

It was a lot of fun, nice weather and great TDs!

Here is the translation of the report fellow TD 8330 Infernu wrote for our Garrison...

On Sunday March 14th, 2010, passing by the third planet of the Solar System, we got several reports mentioning a big amount of transports in suspicious activity. Sensors caught weather with 27C (80F) temperature and sunny sky. Therefore, the Captain decided to deploy one recon patrol specially equipped for this hostile weather: The Sandtroopers!

From a scout transport we found the site to recognize: Avenida del Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City.

We got off the transport very near of the roundabout know as "El Angel de la Independencia" and under the command of Sgt. Iconoclasta, we started the operation at 1100 hours, searching for illegal activities in this sector.

A few minutes later and after making some arrests, we could confirm that it was just the "Muevete en Bici" (move on a bike) program, from the "Sunday Ride" initiative, promoted by the Environment Agency in Mexico City to encourage the use of bikes and exercise instead of cars, in a family environment. This initiative has been very succesful within the native population, becoming one of the favorite Sunday activities for everyone, allowing locals and foreigners alike to enjoy all the landmarks and landscape along Mexico City's main avenue. There are also some other activities people can do like Gym, Yoga, Tai-Chi and other disciplines.

During the patrol and in the 5 checkpoints, we were able to share good moments with children, youths and parents, who didnt hesitate in having their picture taken with the Sandtroopers. Very ofter would locals show their support and pride to be near the Imperial Forces, some younger men and women even asked where could they sign to join the Imperial Academies and join the great Legion 501st. Even the local authorities of the city and program coordinators came by to show their support of the Emperor and the Empire by providing us with refreshing drinks and giving us a safe pass for the rest of their system so we could take our mission to a succesful end.

Once we made sure the area was safe and Imperial peace kept, and even helping as translators for visiting foreigners, our Sergeant declared this a Mission Accomplished at local 1400 hours, ordering the troops to return to the scout transport and the Imperial Star Distroyer. Not without leaving no doubt in locals and foreigners alike that the heart of Mexico City is still Imperial Territory.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have to work on the TD Mexican squad, only "dirty" allowed....nice to found you here Master Iconoclasta!!!

Thx bro!!

It was a great troop and a great pleasure to troop at your side!

Welcome to the MEPD!!!

That's such a cool idea! Awesome pics!!

Yep, down here we like our troops to be dirty!

:D

Saludos

Great pics Juan, we have about 6 or so TD's who troop on a regular basis here in So Cal. I always like to see Sandies out on a troop together. I recently did the Star Wars In Concert event here in San Diego with another TD and they separated us at the event :(

• 2 weeks later...

It looks hot there dude............. speaking of HOT:

****! Mexican chicks, now they're HOT!!! :P:D

Posted Image

Smally.

It was HOT!!

Same as all around the world, in Mexico hot girls love a man in uniform, specially if it is dirty!!:D

Great pics Juan, we have about 6 or so TD's who troop on a regular basis here in So Cal. I always like to see Sandies out on a troop together. I recently did the Star Wars In Concert event here in San Diego with another TD and they separated us at the event :(

Yes. I hate to troop with other troops that are no TDs. For me, TDs (and maybe TS) are the only units supposed to be patrolling. We are independent troops capable of operate on our own. U specially hate when they put me together with some clone just cause we both wear pauldrons and BFG...

Have any pictures of your TD troops?

Awesome troop, awesome pics Juan! That's the way TD's roll, freelancing and having fun! Keep up the good work south of the border! :duim:

YES! I love to be a TD and just go around with fellow TDs being tuff soldiers!! I like to have all pauldron color and BFGs aswell. It looks awesome!

Nice outing !You all look great .

Thx bro!

It is a lot of fun too!

Saludos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks awsome wish we had oppertunities like that in the uk ( and the weather :rolleyes: )

Well bro...

For some time I was the only TD in mexican garrison actually trooping as a TD.

Both troopers with sandy armor never got to use them cause they rather be Boba Fett (both of them).

So I was on my own for about 2 years. Then, I really went deep into manking my TD better with help of the MEPD. And as my armor improved, more and more troopers became interested in becoming TDs themselves.

I can say now that even if it is not the most popular suit in Mexican Garrison, it is for sure one of the most respected and looked up to in our ranks. The 6 or 7 TDs in Mexico have build a close relation and friendship. And we help each other to be better and have better armor. Now we are like a small TD squad with some events only for TDs, like this one.

It was not fast, but it happened.

So, maybe you can start something like that on your own garrison.

About the weather though, just come to Mexico, you will always be welcome!!

;)

Saludos