Why do you love the TD´s.

Rolf

So, so true...

Last year while taking a break during a troop, a few TKs and I decided to

take off our buckets and cool off. Well all the TKs gently put there helmets down

making sure that they did not get a scratch. Well I took off my helmet and placed it upside down

on one of those big outdoor ash treys that they have in front of stores.

They all looked at me in horror, I simply picked up my helmet showed them where the gravel was still sticking to it

and simply said....

"WEATHERING"

The hair...yeah that did it for me too :lol:

For me it was just plain and simple..dirty.. I like it dirty..and BFG's

One of my other favourite movies is dirty harry ( also equipped with a big *** gun) :lol:

Sandie all the way for me, first and only costume, didnt bother with tk first. Plus, at 6' 4 1/2 tall, the dirty look is even more menacing - the weathering around the eyes helps.. B) . plus, the amount of times the ladies come up and say I'm dirty....

1) BFG's.

2) Dirt.

The Star Wars universe is a 'lived-in' environment. I love the TK's, but they're obviously parade clean...TD's get to be what they would look like while they are doing the REAL work! The concept of a TD style trooper out & about on any planet is awesome in my brain! Mud, sticks & leaves, sand, dust, dirt....Oh, & the residual stench of dead jawas & deep-fried farm folk! ;)

My first 501st ID was a DZ tusken (wait! Don't shoot!), so yeah, dirt & 'lived in' are draw cards!

If got the kit, it needs some work (a lot really!), but it's on it's way!

G-edi out.

:) I like my suit sandtrooper much because the first suit he wanted to have was the stormtrooper, after a while I decided to use sand to improve it, because I think the sandtrooper is like an elite or better qualified than the stormtroopers.

*in the city where I live is surrounded by deserts and dunes so I can wear my suit with stage included best!

post-1511-12693775445_thumb.jpg

post-1511-126937760402_thumb.jpg

post-1511-126937765728_thumb.jpg

I like the fact they looks like real troops.

Battle damage, dust, mud, pouches all over/canvas/leather, heavy fire arms, back pack/metal frames, radio, straps/snaps etc etc... ;)

Cool for trooping, fan film etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Black Hawk Down!

One of my fav movies for sure... And weird thing is that I like it for the same reasons I like TDs:

You can see how they trust each other out there.

One should rely on the next man just as he relies on you...

It's about teamwork, one man leading some more men out there on an extreme situation.

Its about leadership.

And they are tough men doing very difficult and dangerous stuff...

And I can se TDs being this guys. The ones organized in a squad going out there relying only in the man next to them, their BFG and their training.

For me, it's like in ANH we can only see a glimpse of what TDs do. But they are the only troopers in the whole Saga that actually act on their own and have initiative and a really difficult job to do.

And killing Jawas and farmers is a plus.

Saludos

Black Hawk Down!

One of my fav movies for sure... And weird thing is that I like it for the same reasons I like TDs:

You can see how they trust each other out there.

One should rely on the next man just as he relies on you...

It's about teamwork, one man leading some more men out there on an extreme situation.

Its about leadership.

And they are tough men doing very difficult and dangerous stuff...

And I can se TDs being this guys. The ones organized in a squad going out there relying only in the man next to them, their BFG and their training.

For me, it's like in ANH we can only see a glimpse of what TDs do. But they are the only troopers in the whole Saga that actually act on their own and have initiative and a really difficult job to do.

And killing Jawas and farmers is a plus.

Saludos

COPY THAT!!! bro ;)

You read me like a open book, i was thinking the same thing when i post the pics and small text above.

I was also thinking a little bit of our mepd fan movie, you describe the characters so well, we all most got a story.

(hope we can make the mepd fan movie in 2010).

The band of brothers/Mos Eisley police dept :duim:

1. BFG's

2. Operate in close, tight-knit squads

3. We are Vader's Death Squad, **** we killed his Brother and Sister in Law who were raising his son for him!

4. When its all said and done we are the best of the best and the most gangster boys and gals in armor. We get it done... minus that whole droid and millenium falcon thing.... :lol:

Coming late to this party, I feel like everything has been said... I love the sandies for their big guns, especially the MG-34, and all the dirt! I'm a potter, so dirt is just a must for me! Film wise, they just look badass, especially when they are walking down the street to the docking bay. They just look like they own the place and they know it.

My costume list would have to be:

TD

ESB Fett

ESB TK

ANH TK

CC Bacara

USCM <-- I know it isn't Star Wars, but why the **** not!?

Mal from Firefly

I've got a long list, and quite a ways to go, but I'm still young right?

• 1 month later...

Pardon for bumping this thread but not that I'm boasting but TD seems to be the role model or sort for Star Wars costumers(?) :P

Firstly, TD is dirty. So we also see people doing dirty/weathered TB/TS.

Secondly, TD wears a pauldron. We also see pauldron wearing TB/TK.

Thirdly, TD carries BFG, ok u get the idea. :)

So what's next? Backpacks? :lol:

First and foremost, TD's are probably the most awesome imperial troop costume in the original trilogy. Simply bada$$. But to be very honest, it's the one costume that for me connects me with my love for Star Wars, which began in '77 when I was 9. ANH is, and always will be, my favorite SW film. Like for a lot of you I'm sure, that first 2-hour journey changed everything.

I share similar sentiments for what my fellow sandies have posted. As I've mentioned elsewhere before however, I love the smell of jawa in the morning - it smells like victory; and the nice warm glow only carbonized moisture farmers can provide. You won't find that on any sterile orbital battle station, not to mention grilled bantha patties. B)

You always have the best replies :salute:

I just thought of this a few days ago...

TDs are the only original trooper designation that never stands before Darth Vader.

Every other single trooper kind in the OT either marchs, fights, or just stands guard in the presence of Vader. So, for me this also means TDs have a lot more independence and more initiative and even inteligence.

We are elite after all. Elite among the elite.

Saludos