Why do you love the TD´s.

Rolf

Hi there :)

Just wanna hear your story, why you love the Sandtrooper so much.

My passion:

Because its all most the same as the ANH Stormtrooper, just way more cool.

The feeling that its a real cop/soldier/individual as a person, and therefor more cool for trooping/patrol, fan film etc.

You look like you have been into battle, and not to be mess around whit.

And the challenge to make the suit accurate, whit all the parts on.

Like: All the pouches, back pack parts, 3 pauldrons, 4 weapons, weathering technique etc...

Even i guess, i will only have TK/TD suits.

It could also be fun to hear, why you love your suits.

Here my favorite list, If i should other suits one day.:

1. Sandtrooper.

2. Stormtrooper.

3. Tie Pilot.

4. AT-AT.

5. Snowtrooper.

6. Bikerscout.

7. Sandpeople.

(i guess vader would be my # 3, if i got the accurate hight for the suit)

Here you see my old ANH cartoon book, and the Mos Eisley a like location where i grow up.

Maybe thats why i love the sandy´s so much :lol:

Posted Image

Cheers bro´s :)

My favorite List:

1. Sandtrooper

2. Bikerscout

3. Clone (Commander Cody)

That my favorite list, i have a chance because i have all of this one on Costume.

Why do I like Sandtroopers?

Cuz they are wicked cool...!

They look like they just walked out of a battle and most dig the dirt!

My Favs are

1 SANDTROOPERS (One has a lethal weapon in its hands the other is a Sandtrooper)

Posted Image

2 TIE Pilots

Posted Image

3 TKs

Posted Image

4 CC Bacara

Posted Image

and believe it or not if I had to go Sith Loard I would pick Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. Who has to be

one of the coolest SW charaters to never be in any of the 6 movies.

Posted Image

If I were to list my favorites... they'd be:

• Sandtroopers
  • Stormtroopers
  • Biker Scouts

As a kid I loved stormtroopers. I didn't really know a difference between sandtroopers and stormtroopers... they were all cool and all "the same" to me in my mind. Then, when ROTJ came out I LOVED the Biker Scouts! They went fast and I so thought their armor was the coolest. Now that I'm older though I like sandtroopers and stormtroopers the best again. My original love.

Sandtroopers are so cool because they're "in action."

All the other troopers we see in the movies are simply more like guards. They're not really "deployed" and doing anything.

I like what Rolf said too... we look like we've been in battle and shouldn't be messed with! B)

I like being a Sandtrooper especially when girls came up and ask me why am I so dirty. ^^;

But when I ask them which they prefer the clean TK or dirty me, they usually prefer the TK. Hahaha. :lol:

Anyway I think every TD is different unlike TKs. Every TDs has their own unique weathering pattern. Even the same guy can't weather 2 armour that's exactly 100% the same. :D

I have to say my fav costume is TD by far...

Its just the only Imperial Troop you can see in the movie that is individual, tough, and actually got to do some trooper stuff, and not just run around as a target for the main characters.

TDs rock, they have seen action and now how it is out there. You dont mess with TDs.

Growing up my fav costume was the white armor in general, but then I discovered that TDs armors are better than TKs in so many ways.

My fav characters any wayare Vader and Boba Fett. I would like to have a vader suit If I were lot taller. But.. oh well... Still, not my fav suit. Rather be a TD than Vader or even Boba Fett.

If I ever make another suit not being a TD (or just maybe a TK), it would be a Boba Fett. But it is not likely I will make it anytime soon.

Saludos..

I like being a Sandtrooper especially when girls came up and ask me why am I so dirty. ^^;

But when I ask them which they prefer the clean TK or dirty me, they usually prefer the TK. Hahaha. :lol:

Anyway I think every TD is different unlike TKs. Every TDs has their own unique weathering pattern. Even the same guy can't weather 2 armour that's exactly 100% the same. :D

Haha good one :lol:

I like when i troop whit my garrison, and if i´m the only TD.

People all ways look at the TD, and take the most pictures.

And say: He looks like he have been into battle hard ;)

And i can see in there eyes, they look all over the suit whit all its details, in a mix of fear and joy :peace:

I love trooping the TD because it finally gives me the chance to rag on all the TK's....Normally when asked "why are you so dirty?" I tell them because we do all the real work; than nod to the nearest TK and tell the public that the TK's just stand around and look pretty.

Sandtroopers and Boba Fett are a tie for me. I like the armor that looks like its USED. As a girl, of course I like the accessories and pouches and so many awesome big guns! ;) (size queen, I know lol) They were also the first ones you really see and they actually get something done, even if it is roasting a family up lol

After that my favorites are X-Wing and TIE pilots and Endor Commandos.

Bossk is pretty high up there too.

TD is the first. The more weathered the armor becomes, the more realistic. Scraps and scuffs become signs of trooping. There are a couple of 'older' :) TD's in our squad that are really either new recruits to Tat or TK's that wanna be TD's :)

After that would be a barc trooper. Every so often I put on a new pauldron or piece that is not weathered, and always get asked," why is that new".. All I say is that the old piece is worn out and the commander made me get a new one.

TD's look way cooler and were not afraid to get dirty...and no two are alike....

Copy that, says it all.

I love the ANH TK´s, and they are my second love costume in this hobby 100%.

But as you say, they are more a like.

Same gear on etc vs. the bad *** cool TD´s (cop army a like combat soldier + individual as a person):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TD 4 life :wub::peace:

I always wonder are the TKs left handed?

I guess its just because, the E-11 blaster is add on the left side.

Because the Sterling/E-11 bullet magazine/clip goes out of the gun left side, and can therefor not be add on the right side leg.

So i guess LFL was thinking...

if the gun have to be add to the left side of the leg, then the Stormtroopers will also hold it left handed.

Cheers :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hahahah heres a few there did not care, and went for the right hand:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I share similar sentiments for what my fellow sandies have posted. As I've mentioned elsewhere before however, I love the smell of jawa in the morning - it smells like victory; and the nice warm glow only carbonized moisture farmers can provide. You won't find that on any sterile orbital battle station, not to mention grilled bantha patties. B)

For me, it's the gear and the beat-up look that makes sandtroopers so cool.

The only SW character I like more than a sandtrooper is Boba Fett, but I couldn't afford to do a good Fett costume.

I have to agree, I love all the extra gear and everybody loves the "big gun" lol. I like the real combat look too, I hear so many people near me that say "oh that one must have been in a lot of battles".

Boba Fett is my next favorite character and the costume that I am starting now (ESB Fett), it won't happen fast but I will take my time and build it right, I am in no rush. I love trooping in my TD so I have no worries.

Darth Vader would probably be my third favorite, such a cool outfit and one of the coolest helmets out there.

Also love Stormtroopers of course, one day I will build another shiny white TK for those occasional troops (like weddings) where being polished to perfection is nice.

Most kids today watch the Clone Wars cartoon. Each time they sees me, they will call me or the TKs as clone troopers! :lol:

Kid´s now a days, got no culture :rolleyes:

I like the TD because they are TK overequipped. :P

it is really particular with this esthetism (weathering and back pack) and particular sun planet mobilisation (i love tatooine too).

and the weathering is really practice, because i don't affraid to do a scratch on the armor... ;)

just after it my preference are :

-snowtrooper (i already done it, my first armor! i sold it, but i will do another more accurate just after my new TD)

-stormtrooper (already have one, an fx kit, i sold it)

-tie pilot (i have one actualy but i don't wear it and don't validate it, just for fun)

-at at pilot my next dream!!! one day ha ha!!

vintage style!! :P