backpack help

Krenn

hello all . i am working on getting my armor 501st ready and mepd ready also.

i would like some help with my backpack. here are some pictures of it. please let me know if you would if there is anything wrong with it and if so what i need to do to fix it or bring it up to par and how i should go about doing it and were i can get the parts to do it. thank you =D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope ya like =D

thanks for helping out

well i would like to be as accurate as possible especialy to the movies as i am a giant star wars fan

not sure bought this from jango around october along with my armor..

Yep, That looks like an Imperial Outfitters pouch. It is pretty much the most accurate MP40 pouch available out there till today.

sooo... if by any chance you dont want to keep it, hehe.. I can always find a place for it. ;)

HEHEHE

Anyway...

If you really want to make the pack more accurate, I would suggest you to start by changing the syphon. There are some very good references and syphons for sale (I think) over here on the forum. Check the for sale and the project forums.

Also, maybe you want to add the 3 and 5 plastic strips to the main boxes. It will help a lot with the look. And even consider sanding off the X pattern on both boxes.

Finally, maybe consider changing the bee stinger for a faucet cover...

Check the references on/and building threats. Im sure it will help you a lot.

That would make big improvements in your packs look.

And keep asking. Im sure everyone will be glad to help!

Saludos...

Hey man,

Got your email and was glad to see you posted on here too!

Yes... Juan is right... you have a great looking pack "as is!"

There are a few things you can do to make it more accurate.

Looking at Scooth's thread... and then at Mike H's pics of his pack can help too.

Great, great start though!! :duim:

thank you all =D i will look into everything and do my best to make my pack better

you have all been very helpful

i was woundering though would i be able to apply with the pack i have to 501st or should i make it better first..

If you find the time, adding a strap to hold the two shoulder straps together can help a lot.

Without it, you run the risk of your shoulder straps slipping toward the outside of your shoulders on a longer troop.

ETA: It's not really an 'acceptable' or 'not-acceptable' mod, but one that will cause you a lot less pain in the long run.

i was woundering though would i be able to apply with the pack i have to 501st or should i make it better first..

Oh you're very good to go for 501st!

You could most likely get deployed here with it as is. Get your 501st ID then make it better!

First things first. ;)

Your backpack looks good to me! :duim:

I also believe it is more than acceptable for 501st membership. Ultimately, that decision rests in the hands of your Garrison Membership Liaison Officer. For MEPD deployed status, there are higher standards than the Legion. A whole bunch of details are here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=3890

• Desert Backpack, styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. They are comprised of two main boxes (aka Seed Trays), that are the approximate width of the backplate, correct bend on frame. Strict screen accuracy is required! While not every Sandtrooper in the film had a backpack, we feel that this level of commitment and overall design of the character should be attained. This also means taking no personal liberties such as LED lights, etc.

I'd say your pack is close enough for strict screen accuracy, especially considering most of the documentation for the backpack is blurry! However, "Deployed Status" is decided by the MEPD Deployment Officer, theGreatSot.

Good luck!

Charlie

Looking great bro....you are def set for 501st standards and i would say even MEPD standards. There will always be upgrades that we want to make....even when people tell us it looks perfect.....its just the way we are. so my only advice would be is "take your time....do the research and keep your eyes open"....we are making huge improvements on the packs daily. :)

Love the accurate Sci-fire marmit 12" replica back pack all the way.

I would also say you got a green light to get deployed all the way, from 501st to here too trooper.

Hope to see you all suit up asap.

Troop on :)

http://chinese-starwars.com/jediarchive/propsreplica/sandtrooperbackpack/sandtrooperbackpacka/003.jpg