501st invades PBS

As you may or may not know Star Wars: In Concert will be returning for a much larger tour!

The 501st's San Diego Squad invaded our local PBS station. While there we filmed some stuff to be aired during

next Mondays pledge drive which will be showing Star Wars: In Concert Behind the Screens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice the super high tech monitors! Can we say Oregon Trail??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ummmm yea Stormtroopers should never, ever take phone calls during pledge drives!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leave it up to Stromtroopers to just want to shoot everything they see. (insert laser effects here)

I will try to tevo the stuff we shot and youtube it next week.

Many thanks to Christian ID-6450 for the pictures

This is the footage that aired last night.

To keep George happy I have edited out the cool parts .....(blinks)

* Note how before 3:59 we are standing still and after everyone is visibly more animated. This is because we were told not to stand around like statues. :P

and a big thank you email that the Southern California Garison receaved today from PBS

Hi Sam, Lori, Lesley, and all the 501st folks who showed up at KPBS,

I wanted to let you know about the results from last night's KPBS debut of The Making of Star Wars in Concert. Before the broadcast, we all made predictions as to what it would make. Most guesses were in the $3000 to $6000 range, which would have been great for a one hour show. I guessed $17,500 and everyone laughed at me. Frankly, I thought it was an absurd guess, but I like making ridiculous predictions.

As I said on the night of the taping, even if show didn't make a single dollar, we would be extremely grateful for your help because the crew had such a blast having the 501st at the station. But it turns out that in addition to making everyone happy, you also helped make KPBS history! We received $19,775 in support of KPBS from 88 contributions during the broadcast of Star Wars in Concert. That was the most successful single hour of fundraising we've ever had on our TV station!!! Everyone at KPBS was shocked. Even I was shocked, and I had high hopes for the show.

We had to scramble all day to rearrange our ticket deal with the promoters because we ran out of tickets. Thankfully, it looks like we will have more for the Wednesday broadcast and it will likely air again as well.

I just wanted to let you know that the 501st has some serious gloating rights. Thank you so much for all of your help. We really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Andy Trimlett

Producer

KPBS