*done* TD-2833 Requesting Deployment

I wanted to be about half as hardcore as you, Troy. This was the only way I could think to do it.

ETA: I mean, do you *remember* the time you wore your TD for 13.5 hours, with pack? Because I sure do.

Looks good man! I like the "splotchy" weathering... if for no other reason it's unique now-a-days! :duim:

The only thing I see you might get called out on is the big knob missing to the right of the "dial" on your radio.

(yes, we're getting picky!) ;)

But you look great man!

Yep, you're going to need to add an knob to the upper right of your radio on your pack. I also need to see an image to verify that you have flat green lenses, as it looks like you have bubble lenses in two of the photos. Oh, and I also need a new bucket off photo, you totally can't have your MEPD Deployment photo be one in which you're wearing a FISD beret! Lol, I'm only half kidding, you don't really need to change your bucket off photo unless you want to.

Oh, and I also need a new bucket off photo, you totally can't have your MEPD Deployment photo be on in which you're wearing a FISD beret! Lol, I'm only half kidding, you don't really need to change your bucket off photo unless you want to.

Haha... good call man.

Hey, weren't we all clean TKs at one time or another? Some of us for shorter periods than others.

I think having the beret is awesome.

We can PhotoShop out the patch. (just kidding)

But seriously... I think we should all go to Houston to take our pictures in front of that wall! :salute:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The lenses are flat, save on one where there is a slight bump in the shape of my thumb from where I was heat-gunning it to hold the shape. It catches the light weird right there. I'll find and add a knob of some variety tomorrow after I get off work, and take new pics of the pack once I get that done.

Sad for everyone who likes that wall. It's the same wall as behind the helmet photos in my second round. It's primer white now, going to be Bone White in the next few days. Painting the house so we can get it on the market, since me and the fiancee are about to buy a 'better' house.

Also, that is indeed a Legion lapel pin. It makes a nice addition to a beret as a placeholder for an eventual MEPD beret patch.

ETA: If the resin skinned Hasbro isn't deployable, I can always get out my nice resin blaster (if I remember where we packed it). Also, getting a new welding lens to make some new lenses is on my list of 'to-do' after I get moved, since I want to attach it more like a visor in a Fett bucket with a Chicago Screw/Rubber Washer setup.

Looking good brother....you may want to add a shim to your left knee plate to bring it out and allow the thigh to drop behind it. sometimes the same look can be accomplished by placing padding on the back of you thigh and the front of you shin. not required for "deployment" but will make your pics better and it wont rub :)

Also, that is indeed a Legion lapel pin. It makes a nice addition to a beret as a placeholder for an eventual MEPD beret patch.

ETA: If the resin skinned Hasbro isn't deployable, I can always get out my nice resin blaster (if I remember where we packed it).

I was just giving you a hard time about the beret and trying to get some MEPD-FISD rivalry going at the same time. If you get a MEPD patch for your beret, I'd be more than happy to change your Deployed bucket off pic (once you're deployed that is).

As for the Hasbro, you will either need to modify it as per the Requirements, aka the CRL, or dig out your resin blaster for some photos.

Looking good brother....you may want to add a shim to your left knee plate to bring it out and allow the thigh to drop behind it. sometimes the same look can be accomplished by placing padding on the back of you thigh and the front of you shin. not required for "deployment" but will make your pics better and it wont rub :)

Everything looks great . As for the backpack, it seems to me that part of the funnel are too far apart.

Posted Image

The modifications to the sniper knee plate and the pack are not necessary for Deployment, but both mods will bring your kit just that one step closer to perfection. The knee mod will save you countless hours of pain and misery while trooping. Trust me when I say that armor bites suck...

For some reason it decided to do that yesterday. I think it's because I blew out one of my straps for the garter system for that leg at Mardi Gras and don't have any of the correct sized snaps to fix it atm. Probably going to Fry's today on my lunch break to try and find a knob, and I'll dig out my resin blaster.

Looking good but don't the 2 chrome knobs on the radio faceplate need to be painted black?

Don't know if that is an actual requirement, but it would definitely look more accurate and more cool if painted black.

As Noel said:

(yes, we're getting picky!) ;)

LOL...

And bro, as an off topic suggestion, check out in you tube or google how to shape a beret. Just so you can have it shaped in a military way.

Saludos.

The modifications to the sniper knee plate and the pack are not necessary for Deployment, but both mods will bring your kit just that one step closer to perfection. The knee mod will save you countless hours of pain and misery while trooping. Trust me when I say that armor bites suck...

AMEN!

I would have that thing at a right angle to my leg if it looked good.

It's why TD's marching calls are, "RIGHT, RIGHT, OUCH RIGHT RIGHT... RIGHT, RIGHT, OUCH RIGHT RIGHT!" :D haha

Looking good but don't the 2 chrome knobs on the radio faceplate need to be painted black?

No, it's not a requirement — though I like it better.

I'm thankful that painting the whole radio black isn't a requirement simply because I like seeing the "labels" on mine. B)

But my dials are black...

Don't know if that is an actual requirement, but it would definitely look more accurate and more cool if painted black.

As Noel said:

LOL...

And bro, as an off topic suggestion, check out in you tube or google how to shape a beret. Just so you can have it shaped in a military way.

Saludos.

I believe he means like this...

Posted Image

Yay for working a split shift! (Got a knob, and found my E-11 hiding in my Gen. Veers bin)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, I think that all the knobs are really just placeholders until Crashmann gets rolling on making the new, awesome knobs. Those things look sweet.

Thank Scootch. I actually *mostly* followed your tutorial to build the pack.

Funny story is, I was marching next to the pack from the tutorial at Mardi Gras.