*done* 7046 Requesting deployment *done*

Wiss7046

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would remove 1 of your 4 buttons on your abs (3 required for deployment) you should also attach your canvas shoulder straps underneath your back and chest armor instead of on top (looks better). Also, your knee plate has the wrong dimensions, may need to see a closeup. Looking good so far.

You are well on your way brother. the knee is about a $15.00 fix...looks like you started to fix the button....just fill sand and weather. the shoulder straps are going to be a little harder.....it looks like there is a fiberglass or material over the original straps.....your probably best cutting the existing out and sanding down the area where they were attached. after that you can run the canvas on the underside. Keep up the good work though and you will be deployed in no time :)

You are well on your way brother. the knee is about a $15.00 fix...looks like you started to fix the button....just fill sand and weather. the shoulder straps are going to be a little harder.....it looks like there is a fiberglass or material over the original straps.....your probably best cutting the existing out and sanding down the area where they were attached. after that you can run the canvas on the underside. Keep up the good work though and you will be deployed in no time :)

What are the dimensions for the knee plate? I thought I copied the right dimesions but maybe not.

I have removed the canvas straps from the front/back chest pieces and will be mounting them on the inside. I will also be using the supplied tutorial to make a sniper knee plate. I did remove the 4th button prior to the original phots and made a grove as I have seen on some sandtroopers (don't know why?). I have since put the removed piece back in the "bread board" and will patch up the cut lines. Are these the last mods that I need to make?

This is a garrison mate of mine...I trooped with him recently and his armor is top notch. The area were the lowest button was is notching made in the armor...made to match reference shots, and my armor...per my discussion with Anthony Forrest at a Con two years ago.

After much discussion amongst the command staff, we've come to the decision that your pack also needs a few fix-its. The syphon and hamburger stackers need to be combined into one piece as seen here:

Posted Image

(hope you don't mind me using your image Scootch!)

You also need to add a dial to the upper right corner of your radio faceplate and trim the extra elastic where your pack straps meet the pack. Just a bit more and then you are there!

Thanks for all the advice. I have finished the backpack, buttons, canvas shoulder straping and remade the diamond knee plate following the advice posted on this thread. I will weather to match and post pics within the next few days.

I do have one more question, how do I rig my shoulder bells? Do I attach them to the canvas strips holding my front/back chest pieces together?

Mike

TD7046

Thanks for all the advice. I have finished the backpack, buttons, canvas shoulder straping and remade the diamond knee plate following the advice posted on this thread. I will weather to match and post pics within the next few days.

Great job man... can't wait to see pics!

I do have one more question, how do I rig my shoulder bells? Do I attach them to the canvas strips holding my front/back chest pieces together?

That's totally up to you. :)

Mine are literally sewn onto the canvas. Some people use snaps. Some probably glue them, or use velcro or any number of things. Snaps are the "accurate" way as far as I know.

Great job man... can't wait to see pics!

That's totally up to you. :)

Mine are literally sewn onto the canvas. Some people use snaps. Some probably glue them, or use velcro or any number of things. Snaps are the "accurate" way as far as I know.

Will the canvas support the weight and stress of the shoulder bells? Im afraid to attach them and have them rip off.

Will the canvas support the weight and stress of the shoulder bells? Im afraid to attach them and have them rip off.

Unless you have really weak canvas it should be fine.

I mean your shoulder bells really only "hang" from the straps when you're not wearing the armor. Once it's on they stay up partly by the elastic strap that wraps around your arm

You might want to research it a bit more for your own peace of mind though.

I don't wanna steer you wrong. B)

Unless you have really weak canvas it should be fine.

I mean your shoulder bells really only "hang" from the straps when you're not wearing the armor. Once it's on they stay up partly by the elastic strap that wraps around your arm

You might want to research it a bit more for your own peace of mind though.

I don't wanna steer you wrong. B)

Thanks for teh advice. I guess there's nothing glue and velcro can't fix. :D

I have updated my original pic link with the requested upgrades:

http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/wisstk7046/TD-7046/

Knee Plate: I have removed my old plate and added the sniper knee plate by following the supplied tutorials

Backpack: I have joined the siphon to the hamburger stackers and added a radio knob to the upper right hand corner

Ab buttons: I have patched the hole where my 4th button used to be

Front/Back chest: I have joined the front/back chest pieces with canvas.

I left the old pics in so you can see the changes.

:D

Much better now bro...

I would just make a suggestion, maybe you could rise a bit the sniper knee plate. It looks a bit low.

if you divide the diamond with a line on the middle in: top and button, the line should be just a bit higher than the top of the shin.

I don't know if I explained myself there, could someone help me with this?

Here is a reference pict so you can compare...

Posted Image

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Much better now bro...

I would just make a suggestion, maybe you could rise a bit the sniper knee plate. It looks a bit low.

if you divide the diamond with a line on the middle in: top and button, the line should be just a bit higher than the top of the shin.

I don't know if I explained myself there, could someone help me with this?

Here is a reference pict so you can compare...

Posted Image

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

The line of the center diamond is a little higher than where my shin would be. I used the reference photos to sight it.

OK. I think that I know what happened.

I think that because of the camara lense and angle and the lighting it looks to me like if the diamond was placed to low. But what really happens is that the diamond is placed in an angle so that the top comes away from the shin. Am I right? And this angle is what you were told to do (and told correctly) to avoid having your thigh clinging on to the diamon.

Am I right?

So, I guess you are ready yet...

So, cheers bro.

Saludos.