MEPD fan movie 2010.

Rolf

I have some recordings walking around in the dunes are in divided doses, if you want I can send them might serve as fillers between takes. whom should I send?

**excuse the spelling I am using a translator

I forgot about this for a few days... Glad to see it back.

So, I am thinking of starting writing some super short stories and even maybe making some key visuals. Not as the actual movie, but as starting ideas for it. Just like sketching. I will use the characters already discussed and some situations and places like the lars homestead, 70s and 80s advertising, top cat and even a little bit of Black Hawk Down for inspiration.

If anyone has any idea that would like to throw in, just do it please!! :D

It might take me some time, but will come back soon with some ideas to share.

I will try to think of every situation in a way that needs only a few TDs so that we can shoot it independently. I think it will only be the storyline though, if any of those stories work, we can then work on scripts...

So... any new idea?

OHH... and something else, if anyone wants to be the "inspiration" for any specific character, pls tell me,. It would help me a lot to think of actual people or at least actual armor suits... ;) Also, if anyone comes with any idea about a new character or character name, let me know.

My fisrt short story will be about 3 TDs trapped in a cross fired situation somewhere in urban Tatooine (maybe not Mos Eisley) just in the exact moment that deep conversation between soldiers takes place. Any ideas on that?

Saludos.

Would be cool to do a more chilled version of the black hawk down, but i guess we would need a lot of Tusken raiders/Jawa´s etc, for our enemy´s to fight whit.

In Denmark we got a small desert, around 4 hours by train from the capital Copenhagen where i live.

Here you go :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also got a big area whit ww2 bunkers, looks a bit like Mos Eisley here and there in the sand (about 5 hours by trian from me):

Posted Image

Here a sandgrave in Copenhagen where i live, i guess that could work out fine too.

Looks a lot like the death valley in ANH:

Posted Image

Maybe you could also post a few spots, where you life.

I guess locations, are a must have to making a story to begin whit.

Troop on :)

WOW!!

Super cool locations. Never thought there could be a desert in Denmark. I've been there and the only place I saw sand was in the beach... But not like the sand in t hose pictures...

Me @ some beach near Århus october 2004...

Posted Image

And those bunkers are amazing. That looks a lot like Mos Eisley for sure. Maybe there is a way to use them. Would be cool.

I dont know any location near Mexico City where that resembles a desert. Maybe a dry canyon but nothing close to the jawas canyon in ANH...

Anyway, there are two guys in my Garrison that have super cool Jawa costumes, and they are short too so they do look like the real thing. I can maybe ask them to join the project if we need them. Alos around 10 tusken riders... So, that would be very useful... ;)

Keep the ideas, locations and stories coming!!

Saludos.

WOW!!

Super cool locations. Never thought there could be a desert in Denmark. I've been there and the only place I saw sand was in the beach... But not like the sand in t hose pictures...

Me @ some beach near Århus october 2004...

Posted Image

And those bunkers are amazing. That looks a lot like Mos Eisley for sure. Maybe there is a way to use them. Would be cool.

I dont know any location near Mexico City where that resembles a desert. Maybe a dry canyon but nothing close to the jawas canyon in ANH...

Anyway, there are two guys in my Garrison that have super cool Jawa costumes, and they are short too so they do look like the real thing. I can maybe ask them to join the project if we need them. Alos around 10 tusken riders... So, that would be very useful... ;)

Keep the ideas, locations and stories coming!!

Saludos.

WOW!!! too cool bro, what did you do here in small Denmark, such LLlloonngggGGG way from home.

Jylland is the more boring part of Denmark, hope you come to sjælland and to the capital Copenhagen next time (much more to see, and do here)

I have drew where you was, and where i live, plus where the bunkers and small danish desert is aka Råbjerg mile:

Posted Image

My garrison are the only 501st garrison, put together buy more then one country.

We are: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Findland.

I´m not sure how many Sandy´s we are in those 4 countrys, but i guess around 10 or so.

And around 4 here in Denmark, we got around 3 Jawa costumes as well (kid´s of TD dad´s).

And only or or two Sand people, in Sweden i think.

Peace out :)

Well,

I travelled for around 2 years around Europe, northern Africa and Mexico. I was in DK visiting a friend. She lived there and I satyed like a week or so. Very nice city and all, a bit quiet and even boring sometimes... but I had a great time anyway.

I flew to Malmo in Sweden, the travelled by train to Copenhagen stay there almost a day, and then travelled by train to Arhus...

Very nice country I must say. And liked home cooked danish food a lot. :D Maybe I can visit it again sometime...

Saludos

Well,

I travelled for around 2 years around Europe, northern Africa and Mexico. I was in DK visiting a friend. She lived there and I satyed like a week or so. Very nice city and all, a bit quiet and even boring sometimes... but I had a great time anyway.

I flew to Malmo in Sweden, the travelled by train to Copenhagen stay there almost a day, and then travelled by train to Arhus...

Very nice country I must say. And liked home cooked danish food a lot. :D Maybe I can visit it again sometime...

Saludos

To travel, is to live.

I can´t wait to begin to travel again too (miss that), when my son is soon a bit older, and i can take him whit me (he´s 10 month now).

Cool you have seen my city, Århus is a nice city too, been there once too.

Hope to see your city too one day bro, and get a lot of your great food down there.

Back to topic... sorry :D

Troop on :)

Of course I've got White Sands here near me. So that's good too. And I can't help but notice all the buildings around Albuquerque that look like Tatooine. They either look like Mos Eisley, or like Planet of the Apes. :D haha

I need to go "scouting" around town with a camera just to show you some of what I'm talking about.

Of course I've got White Sands here near me. So that's good too. And I can't help but notice all the buildings around Albuquerque that look like Tatooine. They either look like Mos Eisley, or like Planet of the Apes. :D haha

I need to go "scouting" around town with a camera just to show you some of what I'm talking about.

Sounds cool bro, i can´t wait to see your Mos Eisley location :)

As i all i have is a helmet, i obviously cannot partake in the movie, but i thought id give you a suggestion:

Whatever story you go for, make sure that you get someone to storyboard it first. There may be some scenes where it is prefereble for most people to join up someplace and film, but for scenes where there is not much movement you can have members film themselves infront of a greenscreen (a green carpet or something similar), so that they can join in the movie even though they may not have the funds for a planeticket to go to the prefered dessert (or wherever you plan on shooting the movie). Most movie editing programs that are worth using have the capability of "blocking out" the greenscreen with fairly little effort. Then all you have to do is place them in the scene and adjust colorbalance and all that, and perhaps add some shadows. If people have poor cameras they can just be placed further back in the scene as it will not be that visible, and you could get away with blurring them a little.

That way most members should be able to partake, even though all the MEPD brothers are spread all around the world. Good luck with the project, i hope you guys make it!

• 2 weeks later...

OK...

So I finally came up with an structure and central idea:

4 stories around a same situation: explosion and riot on Mos Eisley

story 1: A Sergeant and a newbie are nearly blown up by "rebels" and separated from their squad

story 2: Patrol on the dune sea see the explosion from the distance, inform on that to dispatch and have communications interrupted

story 3: Dispatch or Command post talking to the Dune Patrol have communications interrupted and speculate on what happened

story 4: Squad with no leader need to fight rebels

Story 5: Flashback to that morning, CO is briefing the troops on a possible situation with rebel activity. Ends with some kind of victory cheer before leaving the base

Each story is supposed to be 1 or 2 minutes long, and located in simple places to make it easy for us to shoot in different places and with not much budget. If completed, maybe we can send them to the US to have it edited, special FX done and voice dubbing in english (cool we wear helmets).

And here is the first draft of for the first story.

Please consider this as a draft and post as much input as you want... also consider that my writing skills have a limit when writing dialogues in other language from spanish. Specially slang, common expressions, soldier slang all that.

The M.E.P.D.

Chapter 1

Shepherd and Kid

A Story

By

Juan Arvizu

TD 8800

-Scene 1. Exterior. Daytime

-Somewhere on the outskirts of Mos Eisley

It is all black and silent. Suddenly, there is a big blur that becomes lighter. Slowly, we start seeing the blurry image of a street and building.The focus becomes sharper and we see a Sandtrooper talking to the camera. We realize this is the point of view of another trooper.

The silence slowly changes into a huge noise. Blaster shots, explosions, and other battle sounds.

Sandtrooper 1

(scared)

Sarge! Sarge!!

We see now the two Sandtroopers standing against a wall, each one on each side of a huge whole that has been blasted off by an enemy explosion. Lots of smoke, sand and debris. Both Sandtroopers shout to each other in confussion, under heavy blaster fire.

Sandtrooper 1

Sarge! Are you alright?

Sandtrooper 2

mmm... Yeah...

What Happened??

Sandtrooper 1

I don’t know, they just hit us.

Bad!

Sandtrooper 2

Where are the rest of the guys?

Sandtrooper 1

I don’t know... just felt the explosion and...

Another big explosion forces the TDs to cover their heads.

Sandtrooper 2

And what?

Sandtrooper 1

(Terrified)

I, I... I don’t know. I just... took cover.

What are we going to do sarge???

Sandtrooper 2

(Angry and proud)

We ARE going to remember our training Soldier!

We are a Sandtroopers. We’re elite, not some sorry *** TKs.

Understood?

Sandtrooper 1

(embarrased and tough)

Yes Sir! Sergeant Shepherd sir!!

Sandtrooper 2

Now, grab that blaster and follow me. We need to find our squad.

Both TDs get their blaster rifles, shoot some rounds over the wall, and run into battle.

Fade to black.

So, what do you think???

Saludos.

PS. Im wondering if we should move this to the 501st only area.

I love it Juan.

This is A+ work, and the first time we see direct written words to follow.

I´m hooked, i´m ready to take some scenes in a sand grave, or ghetto/bunker a like location for the story.

Maybe its a bout time, we can give out scenes to do, to each member there like to join in.

Once again GREAT!!! work bro :)

• 1 month later...

Just wanna put this topic back to active, shall we just go whit the story lines from Juan here.

Could be freaking cool if we pulled it off good.

Bro´s ;)

Sounds more then cool bro, lets do it, even if we only are a few mepd members there are game for doing it, lets do it any way.

I guess 5 small movies are better then nothing, cut down into one cool small mepd fan movie.

I´m in bro ;)