MEPD fan movie 2010.

Rolf

Hi bro´s of the sand...

I was just thinking, if we might could do a MEPD fan movie together.

Just a short one, simple etc...

Maybe if we all did a few minutes, and send it to the same dude there like to cut it together...

and add special effects and sounds, plus maybe speaking lines etc...

It might work out.

Here in in the capital of Denmark, aka Copenhagen we got some nice big sand graves.

I would go there for my shots.

I have for a long time, been thinking of making the attack of the sand crawler.

Lets brain storm.

Cheers :)

I would love to see this done and have already thought about it...

I'm working on a project that is a sort of "fan film" right now. It's not going to need any of you to be in it (that's a clue) but it should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can finish it this year.

Doing a fan film would be awesome though!

I'm available to edit it if need be.

I've done lots o' that ya know. ;)

I would love to see this done and have already thought about it...

I'm working on a project that is a sort of "fan film" right now. It's not going to need any of you to be in it (that's a clue) but it should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can finish it this year.

Doing a fan film would be awesome though!

I'm available to edit it if need be.

I've done lots o' that ya know. ;)

I can´t wait to see your MEPD project asap bro, later in the year.

As you know, you may use me all you like in it, as long as i don´t have to kiss a wookieeee :P

Freaking great news about you will/can cut, special effect a MEPD fan movie bro.

It make us all ready even closer to do it.

I think we shall either make it as:

1. A comedy of a story we all, all ready know.

Such as saving private ryan.

Pulp fiction etc...

2. Or make some of the scenes we did not see in ANH, such as the sand crawler attack (easy to do, because of the rocky/desert location/most county have something there could look like it).

3. Or do it, twist the ANH around...

Like the fan movie: Troops

Make our own story, for what happen in ANH.

Like why we blow up the sand crawler etc.

I guess # 3 would be the most fun for us to do, and also more easy to find a nice location to shot it in.

Let us do this, i might not be that hard.

I´m in for one sending Nol a few minutes, where i can do some tricks in a big sand grave here in Copenhagen.

Troop on :)

I'm for something more "serious"... there are too many "comedy" things out there already I feel.

Of course there can be HUMOR in it.

I think something that would be easy for us to do, would be really cool when finished, and would let each of us film our own "sequence" would be something like the newsreels from Starship Troopers. Make it a propaganda film to join the Empire and be deployed on Tatooine!

We could even actually make it something the MEPD uses to get recruits from other detachments... like, "Have you got 2 sets of armor? Why not GO DIRTY?!" Something like that.

There's my ideas. B)

I like the idea of making a teaser trailer for a non existing movie... Like that "Grayson" teaser about a fictional Movie about Robin after Batmans death. Or something like that.

Also, a vintage looking recruiting film would be lots of fun. With that look of 8mm films like the Dharma Initiative training films. Something like that.

And here is another idea, what if we worked in a story made up of 3 stories shot in different locations. The stories done need to join in any place or time... it just a three parallel structure with a similar theme and then a 4th story that make everything have sense... Like Babel, or Pulp Fiction-ish. Or something...

What do you think?

Saludos.

I like the idea of making a teaser trailer for a non existing movie... Like that "Grayson" teaser about a fictional Movie about Robin after Batmans death. Or something like that.

Also, a vintage looking recruiting film would be lots of fun. With that look of 8mm films like the Dharma Initiative training films. Something like that.

And here is another idea, what if we worked in a story made up of 3 stories shot in different locations. The stories done need to join in any place or time... it just a three parallel structure with a similar theme and then a 4th story that make everything have sense... Like Babel, or Pulp Fiction-ish. Or something...

What do you think?

Saludos.

Very cool idea and hope you guys do go through with it...

Do you remeber I think Coke commercials, with the little kid and one of his idols or famous athlete, and they shared a coke or something and then the Athlete throws him a jersey...

Posted Image

maybe something like that...just to show what we are all about...something that will touch people when they see it...I'm sure you guys will come up with something.

Rob

I'm for something more "serious"... there are too many "comedy" things out there already I feel.

Of course there can be HUMOR in it.

I think something that would be easy for us to do, would be really cool when finished, and would let each of us film our own "sequence" would be something like the newsreels from Starship Troopers. Make it a propaganda film to join the Empire and be deployed on Tatooine!

We could even actually make it something the MEPD uses to get recruits from other detachments... like, "Have you got 2 sets of armor? Why not GO DIRTY?!" Something like that.

There's my ideas. B)

I like the sound of that, great idea Nol.

I´m in ;)

Howdy all, just chiming in. I don't think the story line should be any where close to a comedy. For me I don't think any TD comedy story can beat Troops for satire. If you want my two cents worth, here is a story that popped into my head.

I think it should be a story about the Sandys on Tatooine, (with a very "Band of Brothers" vibe / Saving Private Ryan). The back story could be, and this could be shown in retrospect with a commentary, (as in the beginning of Mad Max 2:The Road Warrior and The Fellowship of the Rings) of a large TD garrison being deployed with their equipment on Tattoine. The back story would show their battles/encounters with indigenous tribes (Sand People), encounters with bounty hunters, dealing with mercenaries, and unscrupulous gangster henchmen, as the Sandtroopers fight to keep order.Their numbers dwindle down from a large garrison to a small group. Since they are on the backwards edge of the universe, the Outer Rim, the Empire doesn't feel it is necessary to keep sending more troopers/support, thus leaving the remaining TD's to hold the line. That is why they end up riding dewbacks, why they have all of the different style weapons, as they have to adapt, improvise and overcome their surroundings.

Like I stated before, it should be an individual feel to each remaining member of the Sandtroopers, instead of just being a group of soldiers in armor, going by their TD identification. But the story will show their individuality.

I have names here that would be great for the TD's with a profile:

Shepherd (The leader of the group). Shepherd is the epitome of a leader, strong, loyal and cares about his men.

Doc (Their resident medic and philosopher)

Hot Head (He is kind of the muscle of the group, the first one kicking the door in)

Scout (A very good tracker, somewhat a loner)

Tech (The guy that is kind of a "mad scientist" who is an electronic wizard)

Eagle Eye (Their best marksman)

Trouble (A Starbuck type character, looking for a good time and always getting in trouble)

Sarge (He is the second in command to Shepherd and has the typical drill sergeant Attitude)

Kid (He came straight out of the academy and was thrown into this group. He looks toward Vet as a mentor))

Vet (Short for veteran. He was one of the first to be recruited right after the Clone Wars. He has a been there and seen that type of person and has taken Kid under his wing)

You could use the areas that Rolf uses for his pictures, with all the adobe looking walls for street scenes for Mos Eisley or Mos Espa or any of the cities or towns that are on Tatooine. Like in A New Hope, they only had a street and a half they could use for filming, but used different camera angles to make things look different.

The story line, they get a communication that they need to find the escape pod with the missing plans, that landed somewhere beyond the Dune Sea, and that Lord Vader is sending a detachment to assist in the search. But the detachment would not get there as quickly as needed. So this group of Sandys need to find the escape pod and secure the missing plans before anyone else does.

The story is their trek to find the escape pod. The group encounters along the way, marauders, Sand People and Rancors, but nothing will stop them from completing their mission....

If you guys like this idea, I will work further to "thicken" the story plot.

Great!!! ideas Tom, i like it all the way ;)

I take the sarge role figure then.

I have a positive feeling, that this topic will not die.

But we succeed, and get this MEPD fan movie done in 2010.

Let the brain storming coming troop´s :)

RogueTrooper: that's really cool, and I would love to help / see something like that happen... but now we're talking about a FAN FILM... not just a "short" piece. Unless I'm misunderstanding how you can work in all that into a short piece.

I think doing something short and sweet to get our feet wet would be advisable. From all the experience I have making films the bigger the scope the quicker it dies. If, however, you're successful in making something short and wonderful people get inspired to carry the ball further the next time. Make sense?

Something that doesn't have names, call signs, or anything really... just voice over and cool footage.

Like what iconoclasta_88 and I said above.

Of course it's not up to me which way we go, but that's my input.

I see what you are getting at Noel. I have worked in some big budget movies, not just fan movies and shorts. Taking on a project of any size can have its downfalls, if it doesn't have the right support and backing.

I didn't know there was a specific length we were talking about. Can you give us a time frame that you consider appropriate? A great writer, editor and director can give a lot of information on a short amount of celluloid or today on the new digital format.

I wasn't thinking along the lines of a 4 hour epic. But, around 20 to 30 minutes. I think any shorter and it's just going to be a bunch of TD's standing around on the sand shooting things.

But like Rolf said, lets all brain storm.

Yeah, 20 minutes is "epic" to me. haha

I mean when we're working across countries and oceans it can be really boggy. But, then again, it may go even better / easier because we're more motivated than a bunch of extras hanging out at the craft services table. B)

I'm still listening to options too! :)

Great to see you on the MEPD too btw RogueTrooper.

Yeah, 20 minutes is "epic" to me. haha

I mean when we're working across countries and oceans it can be really boggy. But, then again, it may go even better / easier because we're more motivated than a bunch of extras hanging out at the craft services table. B)

I'm still listening to options too! :)

Great to see you on the MEPD too btw RogueTrooper.

I love the ideas from RogueTrooper, but i also think 20 minutes might be too long/a too big project.

But again, its all up to what the story will be about.

Walk and talk i deserts/sand graves, can quick take some long minutes in a good way.

And mad cool to look at patrol style etc.

Keep brain storming, you all doing great! :)

In my view we should all meet all suited up in Tunesia for some nice pictures. What do you think? :D

HHHhhmmm i was there for about 15 years ago.

To be honest, i did not feel very welcome...

I almost got into a few fights, because of the way the attack my old girl friend and me back then.

PPpheeww i´m not sure i ever go back there :blink:

Let dream back Mmuuhaaa :lol:

Me, ****** off, a dude try to sell me a carpet, even i said no thanks 100 times:

Posted Image

Here just a few pics, i took back there (i digital shot, old paper pics from there)

Here we go.

Welcome to Mos Eisley :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

@ TD-252

Seems to me that this had been an amazing trip :D:P

I don't know but you shouldn't forget that all the TPM Sets are still there.

Like Mos Espa, the Slave Quarters...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As I heave heard somebody has even found the looksirdroids-scene-place.

I'm Sure in 2010 we already know all the places from Star Wars ANH and PTM, AOTC and there's still many buildings standing from the movies.

Perhaps I'll go there this year and make some pictures. We'll see ;D

Would love to go to Tunisia and shoot some footage, but I guess for me right now is out of the question. I know what you mean Rolf, I spent a month by myself in Morocco and it was not that pleasant everytime. Specially with hashish dealers on the mountain villages and with hyper pushy carpet sellers. But I had a great time anyway. I guess Tunisia must be very similar...

Posted Image

So...

About the movie.

I think a short structure made with a few Tds on screen in separate places, and put together at the end could be easier than attemping to meet somewhere and go into production together.

I work as a creative director for advertising. I write tv ads scripts on a daily basis and Im used to think in stories 20 seconds long. It sounds like a very short time, but you can actually tell a whole story in 20 secs. So, Im thinking about maybe 5 stories 1 min long (tops) that could add up a short movie about 4 to 5 mins long .

Maybe, using that story line from Rogue Trooper, what if this 3 or 4 stories are actually the portrait of what each trooper or maybe pair of troopers were doing when they are called in for duty by Vader, prior to the search for the scape pod. It could be as the beginning section for a 70s tv show, Kindof like the Sabotage music video by Beastie Brothers.

The stories and story line could be something like when top cat called the gang with the can lids and we could see each cat doing something different and then attending the call...

We could add all the characters and personality of Rogue Trooper`s storyline to each segment. Even have them named and show a bit of their personality. Then the last section could be when they all gather together and are briefed by Shepherd... this could be tricked by editing to have them all in the same room. And the last shot could be one of Shepherd leaving the briefing room and closing the door. Or maybe Vet, cause he is the know who knows the best how it is out there.

What do you think?

Just brainstorming here.

Saludos...

Perhaps we should go the MEPD "Troops" Bad Boys way. I think this was a great fan film and with all those great special effects it looked so realistic. I even didn't notice that they are all wearing FX Armors. :P

I din't want to say we should adopt the story but we could perhaps try to make some special effects with the speeders and the landing ships. Is anybody able to edit the scenes with some professional effects?

And what about the cameras? Is it possible to make the picture quality as in ANH afterwards? This would look cool for sure.

I'd be in ;)

@TD-252

Will you come to our German Jedi Con this year?

Volumino

Perhaps we should go the MEPD "Troops" Bad Boys way. I think this was a great fan film and with all those great special effects it looked so realistic. I even didn't notice that they are all wearing FX Armors. :P

I din't want to say we should adopt the story but we could perhaps try to make some special effects with the speeders and the landing ships. Is anybody able to edit the scenes with some professional effects?

And what about the cameras? Is it possible to make the picture quality as in ANH afterwards? This would look cool for sure.

I'd be in ;)

@TD-252

Will you come to our German Jedi Con this year?

Volumino

I might come.

Will look into if i can come alone/whit a few garrison buddy´s, or whit my wife and son, and make a small family trip out of it.

Do you come to this one here in Denmark, hope so:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6033

cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...