Modified Hasbro E-11- FINISHED!

Hey everybody...

Im currently working in modifying a Hasbro E-11. The idea is to make it as close to the real ones as possible.

At first I thought it would be easy and very helpful to have the toy blaster, but I rapidly realized that to make an accurate E11, it would be easier to start from scratch than to modify the Hasbro...

Anyway, I kept on working on the toy gun and even though Im just starting this project, I feel it is going fine, and Im enjoying it. So, here are some pictures I want to share with you...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now Im waiting for some parts that should arrive in a couple of weeks I hope, to keep working on it.

Ill post more progress soon.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked a bit on this project last couple of nights.

So far I have cut and put together the "magazine holder" or however it is called.

I still need to finish it with "automotive plaster" (sorry, its one of those days I cant remember stuff in English hehe) to make it one single smooth piece.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think so far?

Saludos

wow it is a really interested project.

i see many work to you ;) , like you said it is probably easier to start with scratch build parts.

but it is a good challenge to make an hasbro as accurate as possible.

there is more one year i just modify mine with doopy kit to be a little more accurate but i never been really ok with it so i sold it there is many months.

i again search an accurate e11.

i can't wait to see what will the result of your work, but it is starting good :duim:

Looking very cool. Can I make a suggestion? How about extending the barrel and the rear section, so that it more accurately matches the length of a Sterling?

The thing I find about Hasbros is that they're short in length (and other areas in terms of proportion) compared to the real thing. There was a couple guys on FISD that extended their Hasbro barrels, and the proportion looks a lot more realistic.

Loving the metal magazine too!

THX Jerome,

Yep, it is a lot of work ahead of me. But Im enjoying a lot this project.

I have already "modified" another hasbro but not too much. It looked fine, but this is a whole other thing.

And Terry,

Thx mate for the suggestion. I saw the threads over the FISD before starting my project and looked like a lot of work and trouble, so decided not to do it.

Then, Yesterday when I read your post it hit me that I should do it. I just needed someone to tell me to. LOL...

So, Thx a lot for the little push there!

I have already cut down the barrel, added an extra 1 inch tubing and added the end cap (the same I cut down from the blaster)... it is now all taped up waiting for the E11 to dry.

I also removed the little fin at the side of the barrel. I had already cut the hasbro one and added a more realistic one in the proper place, but now it is just wrong again. So I removed it and will placed it again after drilling the extra holes.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

In the mean time...

Thx a lot for your comments and encouragement.

Saludos

OK... so here are the pictures of how it is going at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have already fixed with epoxy the magazine and housing to the main blaster, cut and extend the barrel and added a detail to the mag housing. Also, will reposition the side fin on the last hole on the barrel now that it is extended.

Some work ahead but I like how it is coming out.

Saludos.

Very nice work Juan! Glad I could help convince you! :)

I just thought you did a great job on the magazine, why not go a little further? I've seen some surprisingly good weathering and paint jobs on Hasbros, so I'm sure if you combine that with your more realistic proportions, you'll have a nice unique blaster!

Very nice work Juan! Glad I could help convince you! :)

I just thought you did a great job on the magazine, why not go a little further? I've seen some surprisingly good weathering and paint jobs on Hasbros, so I'm sure if you combine that with your more realistic proportions, you'll have a nice unique blaster!

THX bro...

I am actually really looking forward to the painting and weathering. I have lots of ideas I want to try.

This is my last work on weapons, my MG15:

Posted Image

since then I've refined my weathering ideas and techniques and want to try them on this new E11... so...

Lets see how it turns out. ;)

Thx and Saludos...

Today was a holiday in Mexico, so this morning I got to do one of my favs thing in the world: go to The Home Depot in search of stuff to build props! :D

I got some copper tubing, wires, little aluminiun thingies, a D-ring (one with a lock and barrel), paint, and other stuff! All parts I needed to try and finish my E-11.

So...

After a couple hours work, this is how it looks now:

Posted Image

I have always though that the difference between a good prop and a great one, is the details. So even though this is only a modified Hasbro E11, I tried to go further wih the detailing of parts to make it more real, accurate, cool...

So, here are a few tighter shots of the blaster:

These are some details on the ammo mag and housing. The magazine was made with aluminum from a soda can, plastic and a little aluminuim piece from Home Depot.

Posted Image

I tried to copy the shape and elements of the real magazine and housing. You can also see a little detail on the gun lock. I made it a bit bigger.

Posted Image

This is the D-ring. Not exactly accurate, but is a nice look alike.

Posted Image

This is the scope rail, I just carved the center from the original Hasbro rail. Kindof works I think.

Posted Image

Then the scope. I will finish this with some bondo and detailed it with screws and all... looks good to me so far. Im planning to give it a rusty cooper look.

And check out the ammo door, carved the plastic and replaced it with aluminum to make it more real looking.

Also cut off part of the handle and the edges around the square located under the back part of the tube.

Posted Image

And this is another view of the magazine but you can also see the detail piece on the side of the shaft. It is also a little aluminium piece similar to the one used on the magazine.

Posted Image

The blaster is now covered with bondo. Lots of sanding and finishing it is ahead of me. Just waiting for the Counter, magazine tubes and blaster point.

Then, drilling the remaining holes on the cannon, primer, texture paint, silver paint, all kinds of black paint, weathering, and ready for trooping!

Lots of fun!!!

Sooo...

What do you think?

Saludos.

THX a lot Ben and Jerome!

This has been a very fun project!

I got my new hengstler counter and cannon tip yesterday. They were made of resin by smitty from the FISD. They look pretty cool and will look awesome for sure when finished.

So I already started working on them, fixing the tip to the blaster with E6000 and then covering it with automotive stuff plaster (still dont know the name for that). Also, sanded most of the plaster to give it shape and correct look. So far looks good, I just think it needs to be painted to know if it will look how it is supposed to.

Still ahead is glueing the counter, sanding the shaft and drilling the remaining holes, adding the stock and some more sanding... And then: PAINTJOB!!! Really looking forward to it.

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some more updates soon.

Saludos.

Still working on this... last night I just re-did the D-ring piece. Not very accurate I think, but it is ok...

Doesn't look that great on the picture, but I think it will work fine once attached to the blaster end cap.

This is what I based on:

Posted Image

And this is mine:

Posted Image

And here is a picture of the blaster tip attached and filled with "bondo" before sanding.

Posted Image

This is with the sanding almost done and drilling of the holes.

Posted Image

A detail for the tip. I broke a part off during drilling, but repaired it with epoxy plaster. Hope it wont show much.

Posted Image

Hope to finish the main mods during the weekend. Then its just about a week till the power cylinders and t-track arrive... so, almost there.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88
Updated

So main mods to the Hasbro blaster have been done and now it is ready for the paintjob and weathering. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time to start painting it.

In the mean time, here are some pictures of details I worked on to make it more accurate-ish... HEHEHE...

This is kindof an overall look of the blaster:

post-1761-126915610643_thumb.jpg

This is a detail of the button on top of the mag housing. Sorry for the crappy phone pictures.

post-1761-126915621249_thumb.jpg

This is the blaster tip and, the side fin and the aim...

post-1761-126915629613_thumb.jpg

The little thing on the side of the barrel

post-1761-126915634024_thumb.jpg

The scope, I will put some plastic or something inside of it

And the D-ring

post-1761-126915641332_thumb.jpg

So... what do yo think?

Almost there...

Saludos

Wow!! I salute the brave who take the challenge,especially if its coming out as great result!

Many thumbsup for you brother :salute::laser:

almost there,lets see after it getting primered :)

Ok, today I finished the first stage of the paint job. The main painting has been done and even some details can already be seen. Still need to wait for the paint to dry and then weathering...

Here are some pictures that already show a bit of how will the finished blaster will look like...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the paint pattern, but I will weather it later on.

What do you think...

Saludos

From this Posted Image

To this Posted Image

I say you've done great job man!!

Posted Image

Just a little bit sanding on some spots to make it more sharp and you're done!!..........then rest of the parts,folding stock,T-track etc...what am i saying,'bet you knew better B)

From this Posted Image

To this Posted Image

I say you've done great job man!!

Posted Image

Just a little bit sanding on some spots to make it more sharp and you're done!!..........then rest of the parts,folding stock,T-track etc...what am i saying,'bet you knew better B)

THX Bro...

Im waiting for the power cylinders and will add the stock sometime this weekend.

I have a custom made metal stock. Really cool btw.

As for the paint job, still will give it a light black coat to cover a bit all the silver and gold stuff, and also some light sanding to kill all the shinny edges I don't like. Then weathering and aging with sandpaper and paint with a cloth.

Finally putting all together and then, its done. Hopefully next week...

Saludos.

Ok, today I finished the first stage of the paint job. The main painting has been done and even some details can already be seen. Still need to wait for the paint to dry and then weathering...

Here are some pictures that already show a bit of how will the finished blaster will look like...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the paint pattern, but I will weather it later on.

What do you think...

Saludos

COOL BRO!!!!! B)

QUITE A FEW UKG TKS USE MODDED HASBRO E-11 BLASTERS,YOU GOT THE BONUS OF THE SOUND EFFECTS TOO! B)

Just a small update here...

Did some work on the main paint scheme last night. Pretty much just removed the remaining latex masks and exposed all the silver paint. Then, sprayed a bit with a dark redish drown to simulate old oil on the main shaft and in some other parts. And then sprayed it all just a thin mist of flat black.'

Still to come the real weathering and aging.

Here are some picts showing these details and comparing it with my other hasbro mod. I specially like how the gold color on the scope shows under the black covering (not the masked areas but the color under black pain on the last pict), and the textures that makes it look kindof old and industrial instead of clean and modern.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?