5 back packs... or..

Rolf

Hi bro´s of the sand.

I just wanna make a back pack topic talk, and try to find out how many back pack was made for ANH.

Its looks like there was 5 different versions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So far so good...

But if we look a one of the packs, it comes in a few versions.

1. The looks sir droid back pack:

Posted Image

2. Here you see the same pack, but this time taped up.

I´m pretty sure its the same pack used, after the desert shots, which should be the first sandtrooper shots made:

Posted Image

3. Here to the left in the pic, you see both trays painted black.

It might be a # 2 version of the same style of pack:

Posted Image

4. This is the most strange one.

You see the same pack version, but whit one out of four trays shells painted blue, the three others are black:

Posted Image

I guess its hard to say, it seems like 5 different versions + a few different versions of it.

I guess there was made around 8 packs for ANH...

Like here we see a sandy squad of 6, 5 packs on:

Posted Image

If you know there are others then the 5 different version here, plus the 4 different version of one of them.

Please post the info, pics here etc.

Troop out :-)

Posted Image

Oh, I am not into the SE packs either...old guys for the OT...! :D

Anyway, great topic by the way, which brings me to a different point: what about the colours?

I know this has been discussed before but apart from the 'normal' Humbrol 47, what else are you guys using?

These shots that Rolf brought up, sort of refreshed my thoughts about this colour thing again, as on some pics the respective parts seem to be grey in colour...

Cheers

P.

Copy that i´m a old school dude, i don´t like the SE version, or the sandtrooper´s from there. Sorry :D

I'm fully with Rolf (TD-252) and Padde here. Not only the Special Edition Sandtrooper backpack LACKS continuity with the Original Trilogy TD Backpacks, to be screen accurate you've got to use RETURN OF THE JEDI and NOT the pure ANH Stormtrooper armor. This is where the controversy about painted ab buttons and drop boxes come into the picture!! <_< <_<

Looks like they only had a few radios, i really hate this home made radio on the left back pack here PPpheww :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rolf, until I saw these screen caps of Version 4 of the Sandtrooper Backpack, I always thought that HOSE coming out from the top left of the TD Backpack was a figment of the MARMIT 12" Sandtrooper Sergeant sculptor's imagination influenced by the SE Sandtrooper Backpacks!

Posted Image

Note : That figure is NOT from my collection, but I would love to own the DLT-19 that came with this MARMIT figure though! :)

Yeah the new 12" dolls are pretty accurate.

Just look at how close the back pack is on this one, to the first # 1 version pack i show in the top of the topic.

The so called sergeant pack:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/...press08-001.jpg

And here the move a long pack # 3, the so called captain back pack:

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/product_imag...PER-LEADER5.jpg

The crew:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1luLRXKoJM8/R-rb...ndtroopers2.jpg

Marmit:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1luLRXKoJM8/SX59...dtrooper+sm.jpg

Cheers :)

Great thread (as always) Rolf!

I think it's so sad how utterly horrible the SE packs were! It's like they didn't even try to make them look the same. Many of our own trooper's HWT packs are soooo much cooler than those things. In my opinion.

Great thread (as always) Rolf!

I think it's so sad how utterly horrible the SE packs were! It's like they didn't even try to make them look the same. Many of our own trooper's HWT packs are soooo much cooler than those things. In my opinion.

Copy that all the way bro ;)

I don´t like the SE versions, or the sandy´s from there either.

Its like to destroy a piece of history, how bad they made the SE version...

Most of the SE takes are made for small children to laugh at :duimomlaag:

Hope we find some better ref shots, of the used ANH packs some day.

But to be honest, i have the feeling... they was destroyed and trashed away :icon_eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm starting my MH, Crashmann MEPD kit today, so I will be cruising the pack threads and checking stuff out but my fav style has to be the "Move Along".

إن شاء الله I will start today too!!!

And yes... "move along" is my boy! B)

إن شاء الله I will start today too!!!

And yes... "move along" is my boy! B)

HEHEHE!!

Today Ive just bought some Humbrol 47 to use instead of the Rustuleum Irish Blue I have now, so I will be starting redoing my backpack not today, but in the next few days... Planning some upgrades too for other pieces.

And well, Move Along is my fav too!

Speaking of that Blue-grey color, my bro Chris gave me an old can of paint which allegedly is the correct stuff, So I first must remember where I put it, then try and get a good color sample for the paint store so I can copy it. :duim: This place is a mess right now.