Why that alias...

Rolf

That's cool bro. I was under the impression that "Xavier" (Ha-vee-air) was spelled Javier and that Xavier from Xmen is pronounced as it looks "X-za-vee-air"???

am i trippin??? lol

You are right and there is no wrong answer.

Example: Mexico is pronounced (Me-hi-co) in Spanish with the X having an H sound.

But I had a ton of friends that call me Xavier like in x-men, and some that call me Javier (Ha-vee-air)

Honestly it matters zero to me but since i get asked that question allot I wanted to put it out there.

Don't even get me started on what some of my ex's call me

so x-za-vee-air or ha-vee-air you guys can call me what ever you want :)

To quote Obi-wan "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first hobby was radio control aircraft,started with small back garden stuff.I then joined a club were i got to build trainer aircraft then after a year moved the hobby onto scalemodels.

Posted Image

This is the biggest and best model i built, 6foot wing a nice slow flyer .the picture is just before her maiden flight and yes its still in one piece but sadly in the shed.

I also played online games so my handle was STUKA for years so the name seemed to have a good ring with Trooper added.

My first hobby was radio control aircraft,started with small back garden stuff.I then joined a club were i got to build trainer aircraft then after a year moved the hobby onto scalemodels.

Posted Image

This is the biggest and best model i built, 6foot wing a nice slow flyer .the picture is just before her maiden flight and yes its still in one piece but sadly in the shed.

I also played online games so my handle was STUKA for years so the name seemed to have a good ring with Trooper added.

Wow that thing is awesome.. is that 1/6 scale?

Wow, that JU-87 is amazing!

As I have and always had a deep interest in planes, I have always wanted to build something that could actually fly; unfortunately, I have never left the stage of 1/32 scale plastic model kits...! :P

Cheers

P.

Posted Image

you are my myth !!!! :D

the junker ju-87 airplane for Ace Rudell........ :D

Best model RC Stuka very well.... :D

• 2 months later...

Posted Image

Cool back ground alias story bro, nice air craft too :)

"Parjai Squad was a unit of clone paratroopers in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars under the command of Sergeant Barlex.

The squad was part of the 2nd Airborne Company, itself a unit of the 212th Attack Battalion of the 7th Sky Corps of the Third Systems Army, led by Clone Marshal Commander Cody and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Parjai Squad participated in the Battle of Utapau and later aided in the subjugation of Utapau following the transmission of Order 66. The clone troopers of Parjai Squad wore specialized armor and helmets that allowed for high altitude drops.

The squad's name, parjai, meant "victory" in Mando'a."

When I first built my Airborne Clone Trooper there were no others with the entire set of armor. I decided to call myself "Parjai" as at that time (about 5 years ago) I was the only one. I had 2 screen shots that I used as reference.

Now thats a cool alias, i like the fact it got some relations to the star wars universe too :)

I have been thinking of calling my self Mod Terrik, but after 10 years in the 501st as TD-252 the aka have become very personal for me.

I call my self Mod Terrik on two small non 501st forums.

Here a link to Mod Terrik, a monster TD captain, there blast the most away :D

http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/troopers.jpg&imgrefurl=http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/droidauction.htm&usg=__PQwYHqCY5V4oXW5SsZByYRouUnM=&h=225&w=300&sz=17&hl=da&start=2&itbs=1&tbnid=CJc944kHMTSMRM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmod%2Bterrik%26hl%3Dda%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

My trooper armor is WHITE and I'm a big George Romero fan and love horror movies so that is where the ZOMBIE part comes from. And back in the day, White Zombie was badass, the band and the horror movie with Bela Lugosi.

I was involved with the Boy Scouts for over ten years as a leader & my call-name was Hawkeye, seemed natural to continue to use it. My TD 7174 is a combination of my birth year of 1971 & my wife's of 1974. Figured that I should pay tribute to her somehow as she puts up with the ongoing weathering & prop projects!

My first name is Edward, but everyone calls me Ed. I've worked in law enforcement for the past 15 years, so I wanted something related to that. I got my tag from the ED209 robot in the movie "Robocop" (which stands for Enforcement Droid 209...as if anyone here wouldn't know that). ;)

Posted Image

Scootch; Scooter trash / Scotch / Scott...... given me in 1985 by my biker mates.

7740 kinda cool as I was 40 during the 30th anniversary of Stizzy Wizzy and it came out in 77

Great back ground story bro, love it! :)

Its you to the left in the pic right :D

Posted Image

My first name is Edward, but everyone calls me Ed. I've worked in law enforcement for the past 15 years, so I wanted something related to that. I got my tag from the ED209 robot in the movie "Robocop" (which stands for Enforcement Droid 209...as if anyone here wouldn't know that). ;)

Posted Image

Great aka ED.

I guess you are ED, and your job makes you the 209 combined :D

Wow, there is some real depth to the names! I came up with mine around the time of Revenge of the Sith. I was heavy into the Hasbro figures and any Star Wars collectibles. I wanted to make a custom Star Wars figure of myself so I needed a Star Wars sounding name. Enter "Gesai Boklast". Boklast sounds even better alone so voila!

I love my girl,i also love military

she called me 'papi'(like in the US called 'daddy')

when i come across a USMC book theres a guy named Pappy....so.... B)

1182 is my birthday 11 November 1982,wish i could make them as my 501st number when the time comes,but its already taken

i used it on all forums i registered in

Hi brotherhood of the sands, i have a small question for you.

After i have heard all your great storys, for your alias... i have been playing whit a few my self.

I have been a 501st member for 10 years now, and all ways used my 501st id TD-252.

501st have grow a lot over the last 10 years, and i see more and more find there own alias.

I like that, but at the same time my TD-252 have grow personal to me.

But at the same time, i like people find there own names.

Plus having more then just a TD suit, a name would be cool all over.

Any way... what do you think, i have not decide nothing yet, this is just brain storm for fun.

Here a list of names, i have been thinking about.

Please post what names you like best, and if you got a idea to a cool name for me.

Here we go:

1. TD-252 (my 501st #)

2. Mod Terrik (the anh desert captain)

3. Trooper252

4. Trooper73 (born in 1973)

5. Rolf (my name)

6. Resk (my graffiti name since 1986 Resk/Rezk)

7. Enoks (my graffiti name since 1998 Enoks/Enogs)

8. Sarge (saa a like swing to it)

9. Tozeur (town used for ANH)

10. Djerba (town used for ANH)

11. TroopeRolf

12. Booster

13. Cpt. Terrik

14. Terrik

15. Rolf Henriksen (my full name)

16. Felth (ANH desert sergeant)

Mod Terrik:

(not sure Mod is a first name, or he´s name is just Terrik, as mod can also means ministry of defence in the US)

http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/troopers.jpg&imgrefurl=http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/droidauction.htm&usg=__PQwYHqCY5V4oXW5SsZByYRouUnM=&h=225&w=300&sz=17&hl=da&start=2&itbs=1&tbnid=CJc944kHMTSMRM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmod%2Bterrik%26hl%3Dda%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

Posted Image

Felth:

(Felth to the left, Terrik to the right)

Posted Image

Resk:

Posted Image

Enogs:

Posted Image

TD-252:

Posted Image

I guess i will keep my TD-252 for ever.

Even i also have a new TE2 stormtrooper suit on my way.

(i have not got a TK suit for the last 4 years or so, so it gonna be cool to have one again, even the TD will be my favorite costume period!)

Let me know what you think...

Shall i keep my TD-252, or go for one of these, or do you have a cool alias for me.

Troop on :peace:

Rolf... I think "Rolf" is it. I know to you it's just your name, but I think for most of the rest of the world (and I know we have a lot of diversity here on the MEPD) it sounds so much like a Star Wars name anyway. Plus, it's who you're known as... or always have been to me...

"Check with Rolf..."

"Here's what Rolf said.."

I'm probably pronouncing your name wrong in my head (haha) but I think it's a cool / Star Wars sounding name, and works as a call sign / nickname too.

I actually thought it WAS your nickname for a long time.

Like mine, "Nol" is just how my name is pronounced and removing the "e" makes it look alien / Star Wars. B)

Anyway... that's my thoughts on it.

And yes, this has been a great thread!

Rolf... I think "Rolf" is it. I know to you it's just your name, but I think for most of the rest of the world (and I know we have a lot of diversity here on the MEPD) it sounds so much like a Star Wars name anyway. Plus, it's who you're known as... or always have been to me...

"Check with Rolf..."

"Here's what Rolf said.."

I'm probably pronouncing your name wrong in my head (haha) but I think it's a cool / Star Wars sounding name, and works as a call sign / nickname too.

I actually thought it WAS your nickname for a long time.

Like mine, "Nol" is just how my name is pronounced and removing the "e" makes it look alien / Star Wars. B)

Anyway... that's my thoughts on it.

And yes, this has been a great thread!

Haha copy that, cool :D

I have also been thinking how people from the US, will say my name Rolf.

As i know its hard to say my name in english.

Rolf is a north Europe name, and a viking name.

I´m named after a famous danish viking, called Rolf Krage, he kill and destroy towns all over Europe haha :D

I´m not sure all english speaking people knows it, but Rolf is Ralph in english.

(the F in Rolf, is PH)

I could also call my self king ralph :lol:

http://www.gomog.com/images/Kingralph.jpg

So up to now its TD-252 vs. Rolf :duim::duimomlaag:

Troop on :salute:

I agree with Nol here...

The name "Rolf" has become a trademark for what a MEPD TD must be. Great armor, great TD knowledge, lots of dedication to the hobby and always a will to help everyone else...

But then, I also think 252 is a trademark for the character that "Rolf" is when wearing his armor.

I mean... Rolf is the guy that writes here, that works on his armorS, that advices everyone, that loves and is proud of his son, etc... but then, when Rolf wears the armor and walks down to the sandtrooper alley or goes to a troop, I can only see TD 252!!

Thats my opinion... :)

Saludos!

I mean... Rolf is the guy that writes here, that works on his armorS, that advices everyone, that loves and is proud of his son, etc... but then, when Rolf wears the armor and walks down to the sandtrooper alley or goes to a troop, I can only see TD 252!!

Well said!

And Rolf, yes... I knew it was "Ralph"... but is it an "AH" sound for the "o" or is it an "AU" sound?

RAULF

RAHLF

(know what I mean?)

I agree with Nol here...

The name "Rolf" has become a trademark for what a MEPD TD must be. Great armor, great TD knowledge, lots of dedication to the hobby and always a will to help everyone else...

But then, I also think 252 is a trademark for the character that "Rolf" is when wearing his armor.

Thats my opinion... :)

Saludos!

Thanks for your kind words my friend, first beer on me if i ever get the chance to shake your hand (hope so) ;)

I like my name, because its special, i have only meet around 3 people i my life here in Denmark, whit the same name.

Its mostly people in Denmark, Sweden, Germany there have the name Rolf.

So to me its a bit boring, but to the world wide, i can easy see my name can sound very Mos Eisley strange a like cool :D

What i like about TD-252.

1. Is the fact, you can see i´m one of the early ones joining the 501st, because of my low number.

2. Its easy to remember, because it only got 3 numbers in it, and have a nice easy remember swing to it 252 whit the # 2 in it two times.

3. If i got 4 numbers in my 501st id #, i guess i would change it quicker, because when i see people log in on forums.

And all the 4 numbers all over as TD-TK-TB-SL etc it can be hard to remember what is what here haha.

But the TD-252 stands a bit out from the 4 number # i think, so it hopefully more easy to remember as a alias.

3. My costume hobby have all ways only been the ANH Stormtroopers, and Sandtroopers.

But my heart are mostly still to the TD, so i guess i could life whit my alias TD-252. Even i got a TK suit too, and posting on e.g FISD.

I will keep my TD-252, and not TK-252 i guess.

(could all ways make a TK/TD-252 signature there for it, whit both suits on)

I have even been thinking of the alias Sylvester09, because i love my son so much.

He turns 1 year, here the 18 of may.

Thanks for your great posts bro Noel and Juan, i have been thinking about this for some time now.

And my head can´t all ways find out what way to go, so i´m happy for your posting here.

I will sleep on it ;)

TD hug from Copenhagen :)

Well said!

And Rolf, yes... I knew it was "Ralph"... but is it an "AH" sound for the "o" or is it an "AU" sound?

RAULF

RAHLF

(know what I mean?)

Your right bro ;)

Ralf is Ralph 100%, i´m whit a O not a A/Rolf/Ralf.

(Ralf is mostly a sweden name i think)

But english people just call me Ralph, because Rolf sounds like...

Rolph Rolphff Raulphhftsszhh when they try to say my name, and it sounds like a monster from Mos Eisley :lol:

Posted Image

Ed, Didn't we meet at an event in Santa Monica? I remember you pulling your camera out of the patrol car.... Same guy?