Why that alias...

Rolf

Hi gang.

I just wanna make a small cosy chit chat, to hear why/how you came up whit your name.

My story are short.

I join the 501st in year 2000, not many member back then.

So there was many low numbers, and i want a 3 number alias.

Because i think its sounds cool, and more easy to remember for other people too when you post etc.

So i pick the TD-252, because it have a good swing to it.

As many knows my only costume hobby are only the sandtroopers, and ANH stormtrooper.

But mainly the sandtroopers, as my favorite number one period!!!

So i only go under the name TD-252 on all the forums.

I guess some of you don´t use your 501st id #.

Either because its too many numbers, for people to remember your aka.

Or because you have many different suits, so you have to go under TD, TK, TS, SL etc... #

And therefor just pick your self a name, and not use the 501st aka.

Lets hear your story trooper.

Cheers :-)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...I will tell my story...

starting with my alias...YODASCORCH..

favorite characther YODA (as ESB was the first star wars episode I was introduced to in 1980)

had the nick name of scorch from my friends and just added the two together...

other forums like Reblesum.com...well known as yodascorch and my web site.

Always attended conventions and toys shows and the 501st where always the main attraction....loved how these guys stood out and how amazing they looked.

Was one of my dreams to someday be part of this group....never thought I could.

Finally with help of many in Aug. 2008 purchased my first Ap armour and away I went...final completion and official shinny TK 3165 in Oct 2008....but the shortly after (3165?...Oct 31 I submitted my application and 1965 I was born...)....MEPD came along and this was even better than I could imagine...just loved how much work, detail and look you guys put into your armour.

agian with help of many here forsure I went completly dirty...one more item remains to hopefully request deployment soon.

so Instead of using my official TD 3165 now I go by TDyoda here.

so thanks to all for your help.

Rob

Originally I went by my nickname, Kav, which is short for my last name of Kavanagh (even the wife calls me Kav!), but I found this kinda of boring and wanted to look for something else...

Caomhanach is the Original Irish spelling of my last name...

...comes from the Gaelic word “Caomhánach”, which means ‘a follower of (St.) Caomhán’. The Kavanaghs are directly descended from Art Mac Murrough, who was King of Leinster in the 12th century. At that time the family owned vast tracts of land in the regions of Co. Carlow and Co. Wexford, which was then known as Kavanagh Country. Kavanagh is currently the 53rd most numerous surname in Ireland.

Figured it was more interesting and most people would have a **** of a job pronouncing it!!! Perfect!!!

Fun topic :)

DIRTY BOY all started at a comic convention when i first joined the legion....I was about 3 weeks into it at that point and had already started to convert to a TD...I dont remember who exactly started calling me DIRTY BOY but it had to do with a "HOT" chick and a bottle of AXE body wash....lol...from there it just stuck....:)

iconoclasta was my alias for writing in an independent newspaper I used to collaborate when in college. Then it just got stuck when I signed iconoclasta instead of my name in a final paper for a class by mistake... The professor asked the whole room Who is that "iconoclasta"?

88 its because that was my boy scouts troop number and has come with me all the way since childhood till today in most of my stuff. Its my fav number.

I just added the 88 to inconoclasta and that was it: iconoclasta_88

So then I joined the SW forums with that name... all my user names in sites, mail, forums, etc...

Most people used to call me iconoclasta (or plasta as a derivative)... but not any more. Just over the Legion forums and events.

Thats my story.

Saludos.

I chose Daetrin from the main character of the book The Madness Season by C.S. Friedman. I think because I really related both to the story and the character like I've not related to another before/since. It's an awesome book, btw.

I picked 8020 as my birthday and other related info was already taken. 8020 is the Pareto rule, so it had a geeky meaning as well as seeming to fit in with my philosophy at times.

Great!!! storys, keep em coming.

For a while back i was thinking of dropping my TD-252, but after 10 years i decide to keep it because many know me under that aka now.

On a few small forums i have use the name TERRICK.

Its from this book:

Posted Image

TERRICK is a bad *** captain on Tatoine, there blast every thing rebel and scum a like...

So i like that name too.

But i guess i will keep my 501st id alias TD-252, to i´m old and grey.

http://images.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Dda%26sa%3DG

Troop on :-)

When I joined the 501st, my first costume was an ESB Boba Fett. I joined the group "The Dented Helmet" a great site for anything Fett related. I noticed many members had cool names so mine being "Bountyone" is a combination of Boba Fett being a Bounty Hunter and his ship "Slave1". I know it's lame but I was put on the spot to come up with something quick. Here's a commercial I did for Spike TV and LFL a few years ago.

http://www.spike.com/video/dont-make-fun-of/2996499

Cheers~

One of my other hobbies is owning one of approximately 1,000 "Starsky & Hutch" Gran Torinos built by Ford in 1976. Each of those cars had a special order number of "PS-122" so I've been using JohnQPS122 as a username for a long time. When it came time to chose a 501st ID, I chose 5122 because it's as close as I could get to PS-122 (I wanted 7122 because P and S are both number 7 on a telephone, but it was taken).

So now I'm JohnQTK5122 on most forums even though I'm not a TK anymore. I just haven't changed it to TD since my legion ID changed last year.

I don't know if I've ever explained my username to anyone, which is rather strange, since it's what I've been known online as for at least 6 or 7 years. "theGreatSot" is a play on words. My last name is Sotman, and according to Merriam-Webster dictionary "sot" means a habitual drunkard. Thus, the Great Sot became sort of a private joke. As for my TD ID, it's a bit of a sad story. All of the "important" numbers and combinations there of were taken, so as a last ditch idea, I submitted my bank PIN number and that's what I got... Needless to say, I very quickly changed my PIN number.

I don't know if I've ever explained my username to anyone, which is rather strange, since it's what I've been known online as for at least 6 or 7 years. "theGreatSot" is a play on words. My last name is Sotman, and according to Merriam-Webster dictionary "sot" means a habitual drunkard. Thus, the Great Sot became sort of a private joke. As for my TD ID, it's a bit of a sad story. All of the "important" numbers and combinations there of were taken, so as a last ditch idea, I submitted my bank PIN number and that's what I got... Needless to say, I very quickly changed my PIN number.

Actually Zac....the change didnt go through fast enough. Thanks for dinner and the new armor....:)

Cool stories guys.

Well Xavier is my middle name. (its pronounces Ha-vee-air) and the name my dad who's is now passed on called me all his life.

Some assume its a lift from Charles Xavier and X-Men which in the end if fine with me since I grew up on Marvel Comics.

My number 6160 is a play on the police code 5150 ( Mental case ) and I met my wife who has to be the coolest person in the world on June 16

6/16 but, by the time I joined the 501st they were not allowing three digests as TK numbers so I added a zero.

Actually Zac....the change didnt go through fast enough. Thanks for dinner and the new armor....:)

PSH! Good luck charging a stick of gum to my card... :P

I'm loving hearing about people's aliases! Every year or so, I always see threads about peoples TKIDs, but never anything about their nicknames... Keep the stories coming!

Oh well, my story is short!

My name is Patrick and my friends are calling me 'Padde' - that's all there is to it...! ;D

Cheers

P.

As you all are mentioning it, I totally forgot about my ID! But it is not that much of a story...! ;)

As all my favourite combinations were unavailable, I chose a combination of the birthyears of my wife and me: 76 (wife) 70 (me)...

Cheers

P.

Great story bro.

Many of your english speaking dudes, got cool names.

Not much i can do whit mine: Rolf Henriksen... beside Rolfthewolf or something hahaha

Cheers :-)

Cool stories guys.

Well Xavier is my middle name. (its pronounces Ha-vee-air) and the name my dad who's is now passed on called me all his life.

Some assume its a lift from Charles Xavier and X-Men which in the end if fine with me since I grew up on Marvel Comics.

My number 6160 is a play on the police code 5150 ( Mental case ) and I met my wife who has to be the coolest person in the world on June 16

6/16 but, by the time I joined the 501st they were not allowing three digests as TK numbers so I added a zero.

Like your middle name, and story behind it bro :-)

mine was create in 1998 when i played in a metal music band.

it was usual to give a pseudo in these type of music.

so the real longer pseudo is 'baron kenthork" and i just kept kenthork for easy.

kenthork can be cut in two word :

KEN my favourite manga character (hokuto no ken : ha tatatatatatata!!!! .....explosion!!!)

THOR the god of war in the scandinavian mythology.

and the lastest K for the symetrical! KEN-THOR-K.

This is a great thread! Sorry I've been so late replying, I'm out of town and had to get to WiFi so I could type it all. B)

My nickname, "Nol" is simply my real name (Noel) without the "e". This was started by me online because I liked for people to know what to call me when they meet me in person. Since my real name is often mispronounced as the French word for Christmas — "Noël" — I removed the "e" and made it "Nol"... which is how my name is pronounced (like Joel with and 'N'). This also made my name look more sci-fi character like. "Nol", or "No'l" as it is on some boards, looks like a character name from a sci-fi book I think.

My 501st ID # came from my knowing Arabic... when you type my number in Eastern Arabic numbers it looks like it says, "noEl".

See...

My name is Gian Filippo and am a member of the 501st since 2003, my first costume is the one to officer

my hobby as well as being a super fan of SW and the historical reconstruction, I helped my dear friend TD9009 is beyond me and I think the member of Mepd.

I am proud to be a member of M.E.P.D

I became the Garrison GML of my squad leader and 3Tsquad.

The choice of my ID easy 61 my year of birth and 87 my lucky number ..:)

Star Wars when December 8, 1977 (in Italy came out then) I was struck the most beautiful movie of my life:)..

That's it .....

a big salute to all the brothers of mepd

Cool stories guys.

That's cool bro. I was under the impression that "Xavier" (Ha-vee-air) was spelled Javier and that Xavier from Xmen is pronounced as it looks "X-za-vee-air"???

am i trippin??? lol