New Forum... unstable?

iconoclasta_88

I have had some problems with the new forum. It often run slow or just freeze with a window appearing with message about a "SlowScript" or an "unresponsive site".

This is the message:

Slow Script

Safari is no longer responding because of a script on the webpage "Mos Eisley Police Department -> Replying in Armor history." (http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?). Do you want to stop running the script, or let it continue?

This has appeared in Safari for my macbook and for my iphone... and also in google Chrome since yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Thx!

Saludos..

I have talk whit Nol about it, its just because he have made so many changes it runs slow.

He will put a faster speed into the mepd forum, around i week from now.

I´m no computer pro, but it should be upgraded to a 3.0 in fast speed asap.

Troop on :)

i have a problem when i want to post a reply with internet explorer 7, so i had install fire fox 3.6 and it is better, but it say me that there is a script on the page and demand me to cancel this.

Same exact problem

I can only post at work.

im thinking its a IE7 issue....anytime i post a reply to something with images on it....i get an error and a system freeze....laptop and pc.

Same thing here. But Im using Safari, also used Firefox and Google Chrome...

At least now we know that it is happening and hopefully will find a solution. hehehe...

Saludos.

A recent discovery this morning. The MEPD forum was A-OK when I used it last night (with Firefox Version 3.5.7)

However, the icon buttons that automate the application of these basic functions does not seem to work or FROZE at this moment :

i. Remove formatting

ii. "Insert Special Item"

iii. Fonts

iv. Sizes

v. Text Color

vi. Bold

vii. Italics

viii. Underline

ix. Text formatting

x. Emoticons

xi. Insert Link

xii. Insert Image

xiii. Insert E-mail Link

xiv. Wrap in Quote Tags, and

xv. Wrap in Code Tags

I can´t make:

1. Insert special item.

2. Fonts.

3. Smilys.

4. Size of the posed text.

5. Color of the test.

But no sweat, i can still post, and i´m sure it will all work smooth again.

Just a few upgrades on the way, make the forum trick us here and there to its done.

Cheers :-)

Hey guys... just bear with me / us / this for now... next week will fix everything (if not more). B) haha

The scripts and such are just really screwy because of everything I "fixed" in the back-end.

In hindsight (which I have to wear glasses for my hindsight to be 20 / 20) I should've just upgraded to 3.0 and done the forum theme all at once. But, in my defense, I didn't know no better. :P

So yes... I'm aware, and hopefully things are working well enough to keep enjoying it till then. :D

No sweat bro.

I guess, a few of us just ask questions...

Because we are not sure if its us there are blind, and have push a wrong button.

Like my problem whit the smilys.

So bro, no stress, we are just grateful for your work here :-)

I have had some problems with the new forum. It often run slow or just freeze with a window appearing with message about a "SlowScript" or an "unresponsive site".

This is the message:

Slow Script

Safari is no longer responding because of a script on the webpage "Mos Eisley Police Department -> Replying in Armor history." (http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?). Do you want to stop running the script, or let it continue?

This has appeared in Safari for my macbook and for my iphone... and also in google Chrome since yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Thx!

Saludos..

I own three PC's and a Mac , I run Firefox and Chrome all work fine here