MEPD Forum Updates

FIVE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox solves the text box problem,in that the cursor appears where it should, in the top left corner of the text box, but I dont seem to be able to see anyones sigs or avatars now... :(

Edit - now I can, so thats cool. Caomhanach, switch to firefox when accessing mepd.. problem solved...

I'd suggest upgrading from IE6 - even Google is dropping support for it and Microsoft would as well if it wasn't the browser that shipped with XP. IE8 and FF3.6 are free and both are far better on every level.

I'd suggest upgrading from IE6 - even Google is dropping support for it and Microsoft would as well if it wasn't the browser that shipped with XP. IE8 and FF3.6 are free and both are far better on every level.

I was just about to say that very thing... including the bit about Google. B)

Was that something you could do before?

Or do you just mean getting on the "low-fi" version?

I will try and get that added back as an option on the bottom.

I'm on the low-fi theme at the moment, I don't see an option to change it to the regular theme witch I liked better.

I'm on the low-fi theme at the moment, I don't see an option to change it to the regular theme witch I liked better.

Oh... gotcha!

You could try clearing your cache and reloading the site... or does your URL have additional info on it? Try going to simply this: http://forum.mepd.net I think the lo-fi version puts additional ?=lo-fi or something on there.

Do you think my boss will be upset if I ask him to upgrade as I can't see the boards?? lol... I can see this at home with ie7 so I that's good

so whats the Reputation thing in our profiles???

I think it's so the Jawas and Tuskens can tell how good we are at road blocks. ;)

No, it's just some new feature. Not sure why we need it and we can disable it if need be, but basically it's so you can "rate" other users. Like how good their posts are and so on.

forum looks great and now that im using firefox 3.6 i have no problems at all :) IE8 SUCKS!!!! sorry :)

I'm sorry to say that IE is sub-par period... sorry to say it because there may be those that like / prefer it. But honestly if it were armor it would be the Rubie's of the internet browsers.

And look... I'm still every-other-post on this thread for a while now! B) haha

Oh... gotcha!

You could try clearing your cache and reloading the site... or does your URL have additional info on it? Try going to simply this: http://forum.mepd.net I think the lo-fi version puts additional ?=lo-fi or something on there.

Nope still the same low-fi. Would it mak a diffrence sine I'm on my iPhone? I don have a working pc at the moment. How would I clear the browsers cashe?

Also I know the fisd switched to the same format but at the bottem of the forums there's an option to switch between low-fi and regular, down at the bottem of the page next to the language drop box.

Yes! It's because you're on the iPhone! *whew*

Sorry man... it defaults to the lo-fi version and I've not figured out how to keep it from doing that!!

Hang tight... we'll get it fixed.

Nope still the same low-fi. Would it mak a diffrence sine I'm on my iPhone? I don have a working pc at the moment. How would I clear the browsers cashe?

Also I know the fisd switched to the same format but at the bottem of the forums there's an option to switch between low-fi and regular, down at the bottem of the page next to the language drop box.

Should work on the iPhone now.

Would that be in addition to the custom title, or replacing it? Deployed troopers already have the custom title of MEPD Police Officer.

I think in addition to. Because some of us don't have that title for whatever reason. B)

Sort of like we do on our Mountain Garrison boards...

I will play with this idea.

May I suggest adding a "MEPD deployed" rank under the avatar or name of deployed officers? This way it's easier to identify who's deployed and I think it will look pretty cool. No biggie if it's too much work. :)

How's it look?

I added "Deployed", "501st" and "Command" icons for all of us.