MEPD Forum Updates

FIVE

Hey Paul,

The "MEPD Police Officer" under your avatar is more like a title given based on how long you are in the forum since you joined or post count. Mine is Police Sergeant.

Hey Nol,

Saw the "501st", "Member" and "Command" icons. Nice!

How about an additional "MEPD Deployed" under the "501st", "Member" and "Command" icons? :)

A "Date Joined" will be cool since most forums have it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an additional "MEPD Deployed" under the "501st", member and "Command" icons? :)

The problem is we can't add an icon per-member... they have to be in a group. And each person's group only has one icon. It would be POSSIBLE to add 2 icons like that, but then I would have to have a group for every combination of the groups because some people fit more than one title.

So, as it is now the icons just match the groups that are set in the back end.

If I figure out a way to add a 2nd icon per-person, I can add one to the deployed troopers. But as it is you would be "deployed" or "command" or whatever.

How aboA "Date Joined" will be cool since most forums have it.

We removed the date joined because FISD and other Star Wars forums are moving away from showing it. People felt it didn't give them any useful information... much like "gender" (which is gone now too.)

Thanks for the input man!! B)

Actually you can. You can create a custom attribute - this is what we did for the EIB designation on FISD and it's also how we power the service awards.

BTW, love the new group icons - you are a master of UI :)

Lastly, I'll politely disagree with you about IE vs. FF. I guess it's like Mac vs. Win, Ford vs. Chevy, et. al.

Oh and lastly - I know it seems like a lot of work now, but if history is any lesson once you settle on these design tweaks the board will not need much work for a few years. MEPD is blessed to have you do all this Noel, it will be the face of MEPD for years (and this is a good thing!)

Bring it on! While I like FF from a user standpoint IE is in my experience far easier to code against. Just wait for IE9 :)

(though I confess I wish MSFT would just end development of IE and start fresh with a new browser that does not bring forward all the old hacks introduced by trying to make IE work like Netscape last decade).

Bring it on! While I like FF from a user standpoint IE is in my experience far easier to code against. Just wait for IE9 :)

(though I confess I wish MSFT would just end development of IE and start fresh with a new browser that does not bring forward all the old hacks introduced by trying to make IE work like Netscape last decade).

You just said crazy things, super, ridicules crazy things.

The beauty of not being on staff is I can express my true feelings! I'm a PC! I'm a Ford Guy. And I just love Asian girls with long black hair. And...I love wearing a black body suit and putting on white plastic.

Crazy? Nah, that's what Star Trek is for ;-) And before we judge each others hobbies, I used to think Super Hero costuming was silly until I saw this thread:

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/topic/8318/t/Margie-s-Star-Sapphire-Picture-Heavy.html

I'm actually working on an Iron Man suit, so I respect the super hero thing and everybody's a fan of scantly clad women.

It's just the IE thing, that's not normal man... You need to get that checked out, **** could be cancer.

Good grief, I'm away for 10 minutes and there's 400 new posts. That's fine by me!! :duim:

Actually you can. You can create a custom attribute - this is what we did for the EIB designation on FISD and it's also how we power the service awards.

Really?! Cool!

We'll make some then!!

BTW, love the new group icons - you are a master of UI :)

Thank ya... thank ya very much...

(stole that from Ken) ;)

Lastly, I'll politely disagree with you about IE vs. FF. I guess it's like Mac vs. Win, Ford vs. Chevy, et. al.

Or right and wrong... death and life... yeah, I see your point.

Nah, I know IE is great for what it is. I actually use Chrome... FF is a memory hog. *oink*oink*

We removed the date joined because FISD and other Star Wars forums are moving away from showing it. People felt it didn't give them any useful information... much like "gender" (which is gone now too.)

Thanks for the input man!! B)

I agree that gender aren't much use since we can tell by the name but I feel that "Date Joined" is useful, well at least to me. I was at another forum (non star wars) and there was this person who joined in 1999. That's 11 years in a forums. wow! :blink:

Of course, this is just a small matter and I respect the final decision. The forums is already looking better and better every single day. Cheers! :duim:

OK Nol, (ya it's me again) I noticed that whenever I log out of the forums, all the avatars in the posts disappeared. Is that normal?

Yes, that's normal. You still see our "placeholder" because we have one. The FISD doesn't... so the pictures just go away. (at least that's what I think until Paul tells me different. :P)

Secondly, some signature of members are too long, example below. Will the forum be able to crop it?

Posted Image

Fixed. B)

Drinks on me next time. :salute:

You bet!