te2 vs fx

Zon

Actually that's a bit high and while certainly it can cost that much it need not to. Prices are falling all the time, and I bet you can go EIB for $1000, even less if you do most of the work yourself.

A sandtrooper is more just because there are more parts to be had, the backpack & BFG being the two largest purchases.

Sorry my calculations are a bit skewed, I own a suit of AP which was alone almost $1000

I bought mine when $CAN was a bit higher then $US and shipping added up to around $930ish if I remember exactly.

I've found AP for around $800. I'm still going back and forth between AP and TE2 right now.

I've found AP for around $800. I'm still going back and forth between AP and TE2 right now.

AP is like wearing football (american) armor, I wear mine to the bar from time to time and get punched a fair amount (marines & army think it's funny when they're intoxicated to punch me and tell me it's not real armor.) and it's yet to crack.

AP is like wearing football (american) armor, I wear mine to the bar from time to time and get punched a fair amount (marines & army think it's funny when they're intoxicated to punch me and tell me it's not real armor.) and it's yet to crack.

Okay, you're crazy. Funny, but crazy. Basically you're saying that the AP will hold up over time?

Aye, it's ABS (0.8 thickness) and it's amazing, + you don't have to paint it, so never have to worry about paint chipping.

Thanks MiDri! I decided to go with AP (for my first set..) because it is a little sturdier. Although I really like TE2 I think I need more experience working with armor before working on the HIPS of TE2.

I'm really excited for my armor to get here and start work on it. I think I know how much work I have to look forward to but we'll see.

Again, thanks everyone.