*done* 5122 Requesting deployment *done*

Hello from John Quirk, Legion ID TD-5122, MEPD login name JohnQTK5122, Midwest Garrison, Wisconsin Squad.

Although I'm looking forward to making improvements over the years, I'm fairly certain I finally have all deployment requirements met. I've attached medium resolution pictures for viewing here, and can submit a link to higher res originals if needed. I "borrowed" these backgrounds from various photo sites. The photos of me were taken by a fellow trooper in a poorly lit and cluttered dressing room where we were taking a break during a long event this past weekend (a local symphony orchestra's movie music concert in Appleton, Wisconsin).

Here's my RT-Mod helmet, with hand-painted everything except tube stripes. It has flat green lenses and four teeth per side. The mic tips say Hovi Mix on them, and with RT-Mod's good reputation I assume they are fairly accurate replicas. I had the brow trim riding higher in the front but it's sitting loose in the helmet's groove and it slipped down before we took these pictures. I'll have to glue it in place.

Posted Image

My Sci-Fire MG-34 has T-tracks affixed according to the pattern at looksirdroids.com, and has a disk (rubber washer) and ammo cover box I made from aluminum. Thanks to a good friend who collects WWII guns, I have a real MG-34 charging handle which fits perfectly in the slot on the gun.

Posted Image

I built my backpack over a year ago with found items. You've seen it here before but I did insert a correct radio dial recently, thanks to you guys who found them and posted templates here. My backpack is built on a vintage boyscout pack frame. The cistern siphon is real, although I had to dress it up some to give it the "hamburger stacker" look. That part of the cistern is quite bigger than a hamburger stacker, so I had to compensate by using a canister underneath that's bigger than a "wet ones" bottle. I didn't have a thermal detonator part so I had to make that, too. It's far from perfect, but the quest to find "suitable" parts and building from "scratch" was fun (although I'm tempted to get a vacu-formed radio someday, now that originals have been found).

Posted Image

I made my sniper knee plate and ab plate from templates found here at the MEPD, and just removed the fourth ab button recently.

Posted Image

The canvas belt was the last thing I upgraded. It'll get dirtier and the edges will get rattier as time goes by. My friend, Frank has the same belt, and after a few troops it naturally looks more and more like the beat-up belts in the movie. My shoulder straps are pieces of canvas webbing.

Posted Image

And, here's me. The sweaty hair and sunburn are real thanks to the trooping event and a recent trip to Florida. My pouches are from IMA-USA, dyed black, and I removed and moved the little tool pouch.

Posted Image

If you need more photos, different views, or more information, just let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration - this is a great group! I've really appreciated everyone's input and assistance over the last couple of years.

Congratulations John! You are now Officially Deployed as an Officer of the Mos Eisley Police Department! You've got one heck of a scratch built pack!

ePS: Would you mind emailing me those backgrounds that you found so I can use them for future Deployments? My email is thegreatsot6753<at>yahoo<dot>com.

Thank you very much!

I'm really, really happy to be a part of this group. I appreciate the MEPD philosophy of paying attention to detail and staying true to the movie - while having fun doing it.

I will try to send those backgrounds to you, but they might be too big to email. For sure, though, I will email you and let you know where I found them.

Thanks again!

Woo Hoo! :lol:

A better photoshop would have been you pistol whipping............. oh i am just kidding , i kid, i kid

Yeah - now that I have that background, I'll have to do a "gun pointing in his face" pose sometime. :)

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone!

Congratulations on your MEPD Deployment :salute:

My 2 cents here - this is an excellent photoshopped picture :

Posted Image

You may improve it further by blurring the lines between you and your background to create a more natural blend. So there are some Rebel scums hiding among the moisture farmers eh? <_<

Hello from John Quirk, Legion ID TD-5122, MEPD login name JohnQTK5122, Midwest Garrison, Wisconsin Squad.

Although I'm looking forward to making improvements over the years, I'm fairly certain I finally have all deployment requirements met. I've attached medium resolution pictures for viewing here, and can submit a link to higher res originals if needed. I "borrowed" these backgrounds from various photo sites. The photos of me were taken by a fellow trooper in a poorly lit and cluttered dressing room where we were taking a break during a long event this past weekend (a local symphony orchestra's movie music concert in Appleton, Wisconsin).

Here's my RT-Mod helmet, with hand-painted everything except tube stripes. It has flat green lenses and four teeth per side. The mic tips say Hovi Mix on them, and with RT-Mod's good reputation I assume they are fairly accurate replicas. I had the brow trim riding higher in the front but it's sitting loose in the helmet's groove and it slipped down before we took these pictures. I'll have to glue it in place.

Posted Image

My Sci-Fire MG-34 has T-tracks affixed according to the pattern at looksirdroids.com, and has a disk (rubber washer) and ammo cover box I made from aluminum. Thanks to a good friend who collects WWII guns, I have a real MG-34 charging handle which fits perfectly in the slot on the gun.

Posted Image

I built my backpack over a year ago with found items. You've seen it here before but I did insert a correct radio dial recently, thanks to you guys who found them and posted templates here. My backpack is built on a vintage boyscout pack frame. The cistern siphon is real, although I had to dress it up some to give it the "hamburger stacker" look. That part of the cistern is quite bigger than a hamburger stacker, so I had to compensate by using a canister underneath that's bigger than a "wet ones" bottle. I didn't have a thermal detonator part so I had to make that, too. It's far from perfect, but the quest to find "suitable" parts and building from "scratch" was fun (although I'm tempted to get a vacu-formed radio someday, now that originals have been found).

Posted Image

I made my sniper knee plate and ab plate from templates found here at the MEPD, and just removed the fourth ab button recently.

Posted Image

The canvas belt was the last thing I upgraded. It'll get dirtier and the edges will get rattier as time goes by. My friend, Frank has the same belt, and after a few troops it naturally looks more and more like the beat-up belts in the movie. My shoulder straps are pieces of canvas webbing.

Posted Image

And, here's me. The sweaty hair and sunburn are real thanks to the trooping event and a recent trip to Florida. My pouches are from IMA-USA, dyed black, and I removed and moved the little tool pouch.

Posted Image

If you need more photos, different views, or more information, just let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration - this is a great group! I've really appreciated everyone's input and assistance over the last couple of years.

well done bro!!!!!! welcome to the mepd!