My Lewis

Built with TK-0600 (his is slighty different) This thing is heavy due to the double thick ABS pipe and the pine and poplar body that extends quite a way through the barrel but it looks right. We're going to make a couple more so this one may need a new home eventually. Not seen in these pics but it has the internal barrel too so it looks right even when you stare down the cooler barrel.

http://www.stonemonkeyproductions.com/Lewisgun/

Thanks! It's vinyl tubing from the hardware store. 17cents a foot and it took about 20 feet. I used brass couplers to attach the tubing on the underside and sprayed it with a dull coat to remove the shine.

The gun is in scale to the 3" pipe of the barrel opening so it's a little big compared to a real Lewis (or an impressive hyperfirm one.) It's as close as I could get with a hardware store blaster.

Thanks everyone. There is much to be improved upon from adjusting the barrel height so the fins line up with the molded side and putting more accurate detail on the side past the fins to removing the extraneous griblies on the sight section. That's why I'm building a version 2.

Me at recent parade with Lewis. Backlit to **** but so is Tattoine.

Very nice. I am in the process of making one, but it'll look like a POS next to yours

Great Job...

Oh say its not so! Ours is still a WIP but there's a chance to meet the same standards. What better inspiration than a nice bfg?

• 2 weeks later...

The sling is a long leather belt from Tandy leather that I dyed brown, weathered and fixed with bolts. The fins are cut with a hacksaw and shaped with a dremel from a strip of 1/8" thick aluminium and epoxy glued in position.

The sling is a long leather belt from Tandy leather that I dyed brown, weathered and fixed with bolts. The fins are cut with a hacksaw and shaped with a dremel from a strip of 1/8" thick aluminium and epoxy glued in position.

Awesome job! I saw it in person and was really impressed. I recently acquired the hyper-firm one, and it's HUGE compared even to the MG-34. I need to find/make a strap now.

Very nice. I'm sold. The Lewis is the coolest BFG there is.

Amen, brother! Nice BFG!

Yeah, yeah, Lewis Gun, Lewis Gun! I still LOVE my Sci-fire hyper-firm rubber MG-34/DLT-19! I'll never love the Lewis Gun, NEVER.

(Until I get my hands on my own...heehee )

Guns

• 2 weeks later...

I made mine following TK409's guides on his site, and used the thick PVC as well. Good God does that thing get heavy! I can sympathize with you there. Really nice work on yours, it looks awesome!

Added WIP pics and new details from my gun here. The WIP shows 2 different lewis guns being made, confusing I know, we made them at the same time and since my buddy was always ahead in the process he got more pictures taken.

Impressive! Most impressive!

Guns

Thanks for all the praise! Here I am concerned about all the things wrong like the placement of the barrel cooling sheath being too low and the fact the magazine plate still looks like wood. It was dead easy, I need to make a tutorial. Cost was about $75, the leather strap was the most expensive item at $25.