*done* 6160 Requesting deployment *done*

****UPDATE****** 2/6/10

Just got my official 501st TD

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember...amp;costumeID=2

***** One step closer*******

As soon as I get my offcial TD on the main boards I am will hopefully be deployed with MEPD finally..

In the mean time, let me know if I need to dirty it up a bit more.

The whole thing has been weathered as you can see tell in the 1st picture but, the flash kind of white washed the armor a little bit.

Tho the Helmet has over $100,000 in weathering!! LMFAO (hey I can laugh about it now)

Okay , Okay

FULL NAME: Xavier Quintanilla

501st TD ID: 6160

GARRISON: Southern California Garrison

6' 2" 250lbs , loves long walks on the beach after burning old people on Tatooine to death

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moved pouches to side to show canvas strap, also canvas belt can be seen on my right hip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lookin' good man!

The main thing I see is to get those thighs pulled up some more. There are some great shimming tutorials around... if not on here on the FISD... so it should be pretty easy.

The weathering is all personal preference anyway, so no worries about that at all! Some guys look like almost white... some guys look like mud troopers... and then there are us in-between. B)

Lookin' good man!

The main thing I see is to get those thighs pulled up some more. There are some great shimming tutorials around... if not on here on the FISD... so it should be pretty easy.

The weathering is all personal preference anyway, so no worries about that at all! Some guys look like almost white... some guys look like mud troopers... and then there are us in-between. B)

Yea dude I have tree trunks for legs... I have to with my job.

Thanks

Def looking good bro....Nol is right about the thighs....if you can get them up a little bit, it would help. also, what i do to keep my thighs straight to match up with my shins is i add a few pieces of black foam and tuck them inside the bottoms of the thighs after they are on. this way all the lines match up....otherwise looks good :)

Looking great Xavier! Although it isn't necessary for deployment, I would also recommend shimming your thighs and pulling them and your belt up a tad. As soon as you get your TD designation though, you should be good to go!

Copy and thanks!

I could not agree more about the thighs guys.

I have already shimmed them tonight and will give them a test troop tomorrow.

I kind of like the belt the way it is. But I will bring it up a little just to be one with you guys.

:)

I will post when I hear back from the GML

woot

Hey Xavier, your TD is looking good bro. Maybe just some adjustments here and there and you will be fine for deployment...

I have just showed my gf your picture and were talking about your helmet's weathering and we agree it must be a very strong symbol for you, wearing it now after all you have gone through and all that. Seems like wearing all the scars, that hopefully have healed fine.

Wear it proudly bro!

¡Que símbolo tan chingón!

Welcome back!

Saludos.

Hey Xavier, your TD is looking good bro. Maybe just some adjustments here and there and you will be fine for deployment...

I have just showed my gf your picture and were talking about your helmet's weathering and we agree it must be a very strong symbol for you, wearing it now after all you have gone through and all that. Seems like wearing all the scars, that hopefully have healed fine.

Wear it proudly bro!

¡Que símbolo tan chingón!

Welcome back!

Saludos.

Gracias jefe !

Those are scars alright.

Soot to be more exact. This helmet has zero black paint on it to give you an idea. All black spots on the helmet is 100% soot.

Posted Image

Back then, I had the great idea to display all my helmets on a shelf in my old house.

There was a TIE helmet (totally melted) Captain Rex Helmet (melted/warped imploded) FX TK (melted imploded) and this helmet

some how the stand it was on was knocked over and as the kitchen burned the fire fighters blasted the fire and the resulting vapor/smoke fused to the helmet. The helmet was all but black when I found it and it smelled so bad that everyone was encouraging me to just throw it in the trash. I refused and put it in storage along with what ever was left of my house. After a few weeks I picked it up and after many attempts to salvage it I all but gave up finally remembering that Goof Off can strip spray paint off of walls I gave it a shot. It worked! I decided to leave some of the soot on just because seeing how Sandtroopers tend to set things on fire....I would guess that some of it would soot on there armor. To keep with the look I added some pretend soot to the forearms chest, pauldron etc...

So who wants to roast some marsh mellows?

Looks good! All ready for COMIC CON!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

what are you using to hold your thighs up?

Ive learned that us bigger guys cant use anything that stretches. I use a belt with like black canvas to hold mine up.

Looks good! All ready for COMIC CON!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

what are you using to hold your thighs up?

Ive learned that us bigger guys cant use anything that stretches. I use a belt with like black canvas to hold mine up.

thanks!

i use black elastic..... hmmm black canvas???

that sounds just what us pizza loving troopers need

u could have saved me so many vampire bites had i known that earlier!!

i will have to try that out, thanks for the info just for that when the zombies attack i won't let you bang on my door for too long before i let you in

Posted Image

YOU ROCK BROTHER!!!!!!!

Yea dude I have tree trunks for legs... I have to with my job.

i share the same dude!-i get the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" gags!!!

the empire has many denizens-not just cloned!!! looks cool mate :)

Congratulations Xavier! You are now Officially Deployed as an Officer of the Mos Eisley Police Department! To me, the story of your armor is a testament to how great the MEPD can be. A Band of Brothers who, in times of need, come together to help one another through hard times. Hooah, sir! Congratulations! :salute: