New armor from the master.

Rolf

Go this beauty from TrooperMaster today.

It will be my around # 10 suit, and the best/most accurate of them.

The suit is so accurate, in 2 mm thick solid glossy white ABS, and still very sharp.

I think i could fall in high speed whit this one, whit out hurting my self... a true armor for sure LOL.

Troop on, and enjoy :peace:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful, my friend! I envy you! :lol:

But why are you wasting time taking pictures and writing posts!?? Move along, trooper and get that thing on its feet!!! :D

Cheers bro!

Patrick

whoua!! again a new kit!! B)

lucky you are :D, i really hesitated to purchase one there is now many month, and i bought a te2, i had to do a choice. but now i can't say what i prefer, when i see a trooper with TM armor i think whouaa, really nice.

i hope to have a TM one day, because make a choice between this two kit is impossible...

it is a true beauty.

many works and fun in perspective to you!! ;)

Ha ha thanks bro´s.

I really love this kit, it got it all.

ANH accurate from top to toe, glossy white ABS, and very thick and strong for trooping, and still a sharp pull = LOVE!!! it.

I will not stress it, but i guess it will be done whit the suit in a few weeks.

I can´t wait to wear this monster my self asap.

Over and out from Mr. sandman here :D

Congrats on your 10th suit of Screen Accurate Sandtrooper armor bro. We will be looking forward to the pictures of your impressive TD armor build and be inspired by it, esp those (me included) who wants to be motivated and inspired by what we will soon be seeing! :)

Nice... where do I score one of those?

TrooperMaster is a member in here, find him under members, and send him a pm bro.

Or do a WTB TM armor topic in the sale section.

Cheers :)

Congrats on your 10th suit of Screen Accurate Sandtrooper armor bro. We will be looking forward to the pictures of your impressive TD armor build and be inspired by it, esp those (me included) who wants to be motivated and inspired by what we will soon be seeing! :)

Thanks for your kind words bro Peter.

I will sure use my best tricks on this kit, to make it as screen accurate as i can.

New pics up real soon.

Peace out :)

Less typing and more cutting and glueing if you dont mind, Rolf the Viking :)

:lol: i have all ready trim and assemble the helmet.

New pics up later today i hope, its a beauty!!! :)

Here we go again... :lol:

I can't wait to see how this TM turns out bro..is it going to be even better than the TE2? :huh:

Good luck with the build bro and I do expect it to be finished by 17:00 today.. :rolleyes::lol:

Here we go again... :lol:

I can't wait to see how this TM turns out bro..is it going to be even better than the TE2? :huh:

Good luck with the build bro and I do expect it to be finished by 17:00 today.. :rolleyes::lol:

Ha ha thanks bro, i hope it will be better then the TE2 suit, all ways try to upgrade.

TM have done a fantastic job whit he´s new TM suit here, love it :wub: .

If i have assmeble it, and ready for weathering in 2 weeks i´m happy.

So that what i´m going for.

Heres todays work.

Now i only need to trim the one leg, shins, and belt.

Then its E6000 gluing time:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to make a new elastic strap system for it too, so it might slow me a few days.

Plus i just got a new 70´boy scout frame in, i will add it on, and drop my pvc frame.

I will also add the new TM side tube + TM canister/end caps as well:

Posted Image

Troop on :)

WOW... I am surprised but I guess I shouldn't be. You are a TD making machine Rolf!

Its looks great already, and TM armor looks awesome (maybe one day I can get one ;)).

I can't wait to see it finished till... tonite it is?? HEHEHE!!

Great job bro. You are the TD master for sure!

Saludos.

Thanks bro.

I was thinking of taking it slow this time, but i´m working like a chess game.

I can´t stop to its over bam boom goal :lol:

(i like to move on one speed, over a few days to its done.

And i´m lucky, because it got the time for it too right now, whit out a work, looking for a new one)

Cheers from Mr. Speedy trooper :peace:

for sure you are really speed!! :icon_eek:

after many suits you don't afraid to do mistake :D

i wonder what is your technique to trim?

i already trim one set of a TS armor there is now two years i use scissors, dremel, metal file, sand paper.

for you what is the best way for precision and speed?

for sure you are really speed!! :icon_eek:

after many suits you don't afraid to do mistake :D

i wonder what is your technique to trim?

i already trim one set of a TS armor there is now two years i use scissors, dremel, metal file, sand paper.

for you what is the best way for precision and speed?

I have now trim all the body parts, hope to E6000 glue them tonight... or tomorrow.

When i trim around 2mm HIPS suit, i normal just use big strong/sharp scissors.

And one small, and one bigger sharp hobby knife.

I have trim a full suit in around 5 hours, all body parts.

This ABS suit in 2mm was too thick/strong, i try to trim the back, but it was too thick.

So i just used my dremel.

I first trim all the parts, whit the biggest/strongest cutter head.

Then i just add the sandpaper round head, to get it down to where i want it, plus make the cuts nice and smooth.

So this ABS suit here, have taken me around 8 hours to cut and trim.

I guess ABS is harder to cut, and need a dremel work, if its over 2mm thick that is.

New pics up soon.

I have now trim all the body parts, hope to E6000 glue them tonight... or tomorrow.

When i trim around 2mm HIPS suit, i normal just use big strong/sharp scissors.

And one small, and one bigger sharp hobby knife.

I have trim a full suit in around 5 hours, all body parts.

This ABS suit in 2mm was too thick/strong, i try to trim the back, but it was too thick.

So i just used my dremel.

I first trim all the parts, whit the biggest/strongest cutter head.

Then i just add the sandpaper round head, to get it down to where i want it, plus make the cuts nice and smooth.

So this ABS suit here, have taken me around 8 hours to cut and trim.

I guess ABS is harder to cut, and need a dremel work, if its over 2mm thick that is.

New pics up soon.

A question Rolf,

I tried to use my dremel for trimming my first armor, but the cutter would heat the plastic so much it actually melted it more than it cut it.

How do you avoid this kind of things? I mean, how do you avoid the plastic to heat up when cut with a dremel.

Ever since I have cut every single part and piece of my armor and props (except for carving and drilling my BFG shaft), with an industrial cuter knife or hobby knife by hand.

Any suggestions here?

Help appreciated.

THX

Saludos.

I'm guessing the kits you have trimmed were either HIPS or Styrene. I know when I used to use HIPS that when I trimmed it with the Dremel snading drum it kind of bubbled up in big blobs whereas ABS just goes into fine particles.

I've found that tin snips are very good for cutiing ABS although you do end up with arms like Popeye after a while. Cut close to where you want with the snips and Dremel sanding drum to a fine finish, that's my method anyway :)

Keep up the good work Rolf! Looking mighty fine so far mate :D

A question Rolf,

I tried to use my dremel for trimming my first armor, but the cutter would heat the plastic so much it actually melted it more than it cut it.

How do you avoid this kind of things? I mean, how do you avoid the plastic to heat up when cut with a dremel.

Ever since I have cut every single part and piece of my armor and props (except for carving and drilling my BFG shaft), with an industrial cuter knife or hobby knife by hand.

Any suggestions here?

Help appreciated.

THX

Saludos.

Hi bro.

I just dremel cut it 0,5mm away from where i want it, it can make some small plastic get together lumps.

But it don´t matter, i just take them off a second after, when they are cold and they drop off again.

Then i put on the sandpaper round head, and just make the cut/curves where i want them.

And you are there in no time ;)

I'm guessing the kits you have trimmed were either HIPS or Styrene. I know when I used to use HIPS that when I trimmed it with the Dremel snading drum it kind of bubbled up in big blobs whereas ABS just goes into fine particles.

I've found that tin snips are very good for cutiing ABS although you do end up with arms like Popeye after a while. Cut close to where you want with the snips and Dremel sanding drum to a fine finish, that's my method anyway :)

Keep up the good work Rolf! Looking mighty fine so far mate :D

Thanks Master :)

I do my best here too.

(i have also trim the wrist more)

I about to test fit the bicep, arms, legs, shins, before i glue them, hopefully later today.

Peace out :)

New update from the speedy trooper :D

1. Test fit the parts.

2. E6000 glue them.

3. Made a new elastic system.

Check it out :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sylvester my 8 month old boy, make a last check for me, before i hand paint it:

Posted Image

And it was good to go :D

Posted Image

I will try to wear it tomorrow i hope, and add new pics there.

Troop on :)