TK Helmet Pads

Dearmeat

I have been working on an MRCE helmet. I started by removing the cheap plastic padding that comes in it. I was looking around for a way to place some type of system in the helmet to keep it from looking like a Bobble Head. I thought about a hard hat system. That did not work out. Then I thought about placing soft foam in the helmet to help. Did not work out, also it looked ugly. I'm a Law Enforcement office on an operations team. I started looking at our helmets. The helmets that we use are called MICH Helmets. Current Army issue. The pad system in it is attached by velcro and is a modular type system. So it can be removed very easy. I then placed the "Hook" side of the velcro on the TK bucket and ordered some MICH helmet pads off of Ebay for around $20. This has worked out perfect. I just wanted to share it with you guys. Here are some pics. One pic is my MRCE helmet, and the other is my SWAT helmet for reference. They can be ordered in black or green.

post-3164-1262936986_thumb.jpg

post-3164-1262937000_thumb.jpg

Looking really cool. I like how buckets look when made more realistic like army helmets on the inside. This looks like a really good solution. Nice.

At the moment I have moved to making my bucket more accurate so now I have the foam star and the elastic chin strap. It works alright too.

Thx for sharing.

Saludos.

I have been working some more on this bucket by adding some more pads. Fits like a glove. Also have gotten rid of the green lenses and replaced with dark lenses. An option for using dark lenses I have found are the ARMY dust goggles. You can buy replacement lenses in the dark "Smoke" color for around $2 a set. It takes two sets for a helmet due to the size of the lenses. They have worked out great! I just thought I would post this. I'm getting ready to start on the body armor this weekend. Hope to have it ready by spring. Here are some pics of the up dated padding. Do you guys think the helmet is ready for trooping? Posted ImagePosted Image