MEPD staff election/February 19th.

Rolf

FWIW, I know at least two people who may run but who are not posting as they want to think about it. I'd suggest we relax for a bit and perhaps just brainstorm on suggestions for the new team.

As for officers : the charter only says there needs to be a DL. What comes after that it really dependent on workload and the needs of the det. I think it would be putting a solution ahead of a problem to focus on that first, and again feel we'd all be best served talking about what we'd like to see for this det in 2010, e.g. what would January 2011 look like?

I put a few suggestions up wrt to an analog to "kills" in JRS to get more TD's trooping & visible again, and back here on MEPD. I'd love to hear other suggestions.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks a lot for your kind words rolf and dutchy :)

the problem is i don't feel able to take place on a english forum with my poor language.

it will be very more difficult, and 3 or 4 times more time to read and write a good text, unthinkable!

it is just ok for the forum use, but not to have a staff place.

and i know the responsability and the difficulties to manage a forum just in french, so in english... ha!

i'm sorry for that, but i'm serious and i can say i'm not the man for these.

many french guys do not the effort just for go on the detachements site, because it is english.

i'm not so good but i came better every day.

dutchy - Ton français est trés bon, as tu utilisé un traducteur? :D

(... more than real 15 minutes for write this...)

I put a few suggestions up wrt to an analog to "kills" in JRS to get more TD's trooping & visible again, and back here on MEPD. I'd love to hear other suggestions.

I think this is a very nice idea and could 'wake up the dead'! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

@ kenthork

i completly understand your feelings.

when i first started as a Moderator here at our board i was worried about my english too but i can asure you that it wasn´t a problem at all.

i´m using various translation websites when writing longer posts and i know that my english is still far from perfect.

(thanks to everyone who helped improving my english over the past few years!)

i´m sure there are others with the same thinking but please don´t let this hold you back!

(****, i´m sure there are tons of "wrong-word-usage" in this post too! LOL) :lol:

I guess it can all ways be harder for countrys, where there make there own language over all the english speaking movies, and series etc in television.

Plus on all the movies in there cinemas too (i think they do it in germany, france, italy, spain etc).

Here in Denmark its all in the real english verions, so i guess it a bit more easy for us to learn quick.

Move a long... move a long... :td::D

FWIW, I know at least two people who may run but who are not posting as they want to think about it. I'd suggest we relax for a bit and perhaps just brainstorm on suggestions for the new team.

As for officers : the charter only says there needs to be a DL. What comes after that it really dependent on workload and the needs of the det. I think it would be putting a solution ahead of a problem to focus on that first, and again feel we'd all be best served talking about what we'd like to see for this det in 2010, e.g. what would January 2011 look like?

There are also a few good older MEPD member, on FISD.

So FISD could be a good place, to make a post like that too ;)

(i miss you here Billy, for naming one)

dutchy - Ton français est trés bon, as tu utilisé un traducteur? :D

Non,non je ne pas utilisé un traducteur.

Mon vieux voisin est francais et il apprende moi un peux francais. Et je apprende francais aussi sur l’école..

Mais c’était pratiquement 3 ans passé qui je parle et écrire francais.

But english is easier for me, and as Rolf and RoCKo also stated their knowledge of english improved all over the years.

To get back at the subject, yes there are several troops that aren't that active anymore on the MEPD whilst they were posting like crazy in the past.

Let's all just give it our best effort to make them come back and uplift the spirit of the MEPD.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great place to be, but the return of some other troops wouild make it even better!!

and yes...Billy where are you man and Pappy1182 :(

thanks RoCKO for good words.

and i'm really ok with you for these

i´m sure there are others with the same thinking but please don´t let this hold you back!

Non,non je ne pas utilisé un traducteur.

Mon vieux voisin est francais et il apprende moi un peux francais. Et je apprende francais aussi sur l’école..

Mais c’était pratiquement 3 ans passé qui je parle et écrire francais.

i just learn english at school there is many years now, and don't used languange since many time, and i make progress every day, so thanks to MEPD for these :D

--->>like you said, close the parenthesis and return on the original subject.

Well,

So many things to say about all this but not all are needed to be said at the moment. So I will just start with a few thoughts...

First of all, I want to thank all of the staff that has been working during 09. I think you did a great job. And a special thx to Mike, as a DL and a TD you have inspired me in many ways you probably don´t even imagine.

I, as Rolf, do think this 09 has been slow. Have been a user of this forum for 3 years now, and even though this last year was the one when I have been more active, I can see an all around decrease in the activity. This I think its due to a couple of things. One being the fact that most important things about TD have already been researched and discovered by ppl here.

I think this has discouraged most of the old time TDs to come back often, cause there is no more interesting or new knowledge here. However, this doesn't affect newer troops, cause at first, this place is like a toystore before christmas. So much stuff you want to know, do, search, get, share, look at, etc.

For me, this place feels like home. Even more than my own garrison forum (which I visit maybe a tenth of the times I visit the MEPD). But I most say that for some time now, I have not found many new things that excite me other than sharing others passion to this hobby and share with all my brothers in arms. This happened to me before with my garrisons site.

But being able to share my stuff and see everyones stuff here, being able to reach some of the most respectable armor builders and makers in the world, and having found so many great friends and buddies here make me feel like I belong here more than to my garrison.

Having said this, I hope the MEPD will have new energy and new life in the 2010. Having new officers but also the support of previous ones, and the old time TDs as much as new ones...

I love this place so much that even though I dont think I could commit for a place with the staff team due to many things (I don't think I have as much knowledge of the matters or time as many others have) , I sure can commit to keep posting, sharing opinions, helping fellow troopers and learning from everyone. Or if I can help in any other way, well...

So... I guess we will have great people on the staff for this year, and I am not really worried about this right now. Cause no matter who becomes DL, he/she will sure have the support of everyone here: Newbies and veterans.

Lets just keep it alive and keep the dirt coming on!!

I just love being a TD and specially being part of the MEPD.

Saludos.

I quote Iconoclasta88! my english write is very bad...:)

Thanking for your attention a:

Detachment Leader (a best prop Worker)

and all Officer of Detachment

and all member of MEPD

Philo TD6187

P.S. i go in 2010 to learn english in private school :)

Well,

So many things to say about all this but not all are needed to be said at the moment. So I will just start with a few thoughts...

First of all, I want to thank all of the staff that has been working during 09. I think you did a great job. And a special thx to Mike, as a DL and a TD you have inspired me in many ways you probably don´t even imagine.

I, as Rolf, do think this 09 has been slow. Have been a user of this forum for 3 years now, and even though this last year was the one when I have been more active, I can see an all around decrease in the activity. This I think its due to a couple of things. One being the fact that most important things about TD have already been researched and discovered by ppl here.

I think this has discouraged most of the old time TDs to come back often, cause there is no more interesting or new knowledge here. However, this doesn't affect newer troops, cause at first, this place is like a toystore before christmas. So much stuff you want to know, do, search, get, share, look at, etc.

For me, this place feels like home. Even more than my own garrison forum (which I visit maybe a tenth of the times I visit the MEPD). But I most say that for some time now, I have not found many new things that excite me other than sharing others passion to this hobby and share with all my brothers in arms. This happened to me before with my garrisons site.

But being able to share my stuff and see everyones stuff here, being able to reach some of the most respectable armor builders and makers in the world, and having found so many great friends and buddies here make me feel like I belong here more than to my garrison.

Having said this, I hope the MEPD will have new energy and new life in the 2010. Having new officers but also the support of previous ones, and the old time TDs as much as new ones...

I love this place so much that even though I dont think I could commit for a place with the staff team due to many things (I don't think I have as much knowledge of the matters or time as many others have) , I sure can commit to keep posting, sharing opinions, helping fellow troopers and learning from everyone. Or if I can help in any other way, well...

So... I guess we will have great people on the staff for this year, and I am not really worried about this right now. Cause no matter who becomes DL, he/she will sure have the support of everyone here: Newbies and veterans.

Lets just keep it alive and keep the dirt coming on!!

I just love being a TD and specially being part of the MEPD.

Saludos.

Thanks for your input bro.

I hear you all the way.

I´m also here all most every day, for the last 4 years.

And only once a week, or second on my own garrison forum.

This is my family, i LOVE!!! the MEPD, and the sandtrooper armor period!

I got great sandtrooper knowledge, over 10 years in the hobby.

And i can keep posting, sharing, but after 4 years in here every day doing duty, and whit a new born son on my arm.

I can only stay as SAA, i can´t go higher as CO etc.

It the only rank, i can offer to keep for now.

Let see what happen asap.

Troop on :)

I would like to input my opinions as your XO for the 2009 MEPD fiscal year.

Mike you have done an excellent job the last few years. We talked a few months back about the "future" and knew you weren't gonna continue the role. Sad to see you go, but Life gets in the way.

If I was able I would run this year, but I cannot. I was also gonna suggest Rolf step up to run for DL, as hes been a great help during my time in office.

I tried hard to get lots of the older TD's with incorrect armor to get up to code, and they really don't care about upgrading their FX helmets or drop boxes, dirt etc. Shame.

I like the JRS deal, but I would also agree that it has some problems.

Either way the MEPD is strong and we will continue to push forward, we will live on strongly to continue to help others to make the best TD armor kit possible.

here's to another fine year at the MEPD.

I salute you Mike. :td::salute:

I would like to input my opinions as your XO for the 2009 MEPD fiscal year.

Mike you have done an excellent job the last few years. We talked a few months back about the "future" and knew you weren't gonna continue the role. Sad to see you go, but Life gets in the way.

If I was able I would run this year, but I cannot. I was also gonna suggest Rolf step up to run for DL, as hes been a great help during my time in office.

I tried hard to get lots of the older TD's with incorrect armor to get up to code, and they really don't care about upgrading their FX helmets or drop boxes, dirt etc. Shame.

I like the JRS deal, but I would also agree that it has some problems.

Either way the MEPD is strong and we will continue to push forward, we will live on strongly to continue to help others to make the best TD armor kit possible.

here's to another fine year at the MEPD.

I salute you Mike. :td::salute:

Thanks for your kind words bro.

If i was single, and a few year younger i would run for DL.

But whit a 7 month old baby, and wife there like me to take it more easy in the hobby.

She would kill me if i join in as DL hahaha.

But i have a green light as SAA.

I have been in the hobby for 10 years now, but only real into it the last 4 years.

Sadly i meet my wife at the same time, so she´s a bit tired of it hahahahaha.

I will never quit or back down, but i respect family comes first.

Sad you can´t join in as staff bro, i think you did a great job as our XO.

And i would have liked to see you as our new XO, or CO too.

Troop on :D

@ kenthork

i completly understand your feelings.

when i first started as a Moderator here at our board i was worried about my english too but i can asure you that it wasn´t a problem at all.

i´m using various translation websites when writing longer posts and i know that my english is still far from perfect.

(thanks to everyone who helped improving my english over the past few years!)

(****, i´m sure there are tons of "wrong-word-usage" in this post too! LOL) :lol:

You guys do an amazing job with it. I often forget that many, many people on this forum use English because you guys do such a good job of using it. I myself am trying to learn Spanish at the moment but I am no where near typing it out lol.

I will also give thanks to the CS for all the hard work on keeping such a great site going. I have learned so much in my short time here and have met some really good guys, everybody is always so quick to help on the MEPD.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one can understand Rolf's eagerness to find out who will be running for the DL and XO positions. I share his eagerness because I also want to know who will be "offfering"his skills, tricks and knowledge for those positions.

In previous elections it was clear up in front that Mike would run for another year but till now no one has stepped up, or might be afraid to get into the open and that's making things a bit tense and exciting.

I only want to say that it would be nice if the candidates made theirselves known... B)

But I'll just sit it out and see who will step up :rolleyes:

I for one can understand Rolf's eagerness to find out who will be running for the DL and XO positions. I share his eagerness because I also want to know who will be "offfering"his skills, tricks and knowledge for those positions.

In previous elections it was clear up in front that Mike would run for another year but till now no one has stepped up, or might be afraid to get into the open and that's making things a bit tense and exciting.

I only want to say that it would be nice if the candidates made theirselves known... B)

But I'll just sit it out and see who will step up :rolleyes:

Copy that all the way bro ;) .

Right now not too many staff members use the forum, and i have been here for 4 years every day (because i LOVE!!! the MEPD).

So to have no idea, who will take over the wheel in a few weeks from now, is not cool...

Again i might stay in the staff, but i would like to see people step up now.

So i can see what i have to work whit here...

And to know if some out there have a plan how to run this forum, whit a lot of new positive energy/knowledge etc.

If a new staff, whit the right energy group up, i like to step down.

And let then have fun whit the forum, and let it grow from there.

But if people wanna wait, i just sit it out, just like Dutchy says too.

Troop on :)

Same here - I am very much looking forward to see someone step up for these positions!

It will be much work - it will be stressful - it might sometimes be a pain - but I think from what the actual or 'old' staff has achieved is a great base to continue onwards!

I am very confident that those being elected to the new staff will support the leading officers with all their might!

And furthermore, if Rolf would stay as an officer (begging and praying almost every night that he will... :D ), it would be the best help you could get!

So...anybody...? ;)

Cheers

Patrick

ive asked some of the older deploy-able troopers locally to see if they'd liek to take the reins this year.

I guess, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for trying to take care, of our old and beloved MEPD.

Cheers bro :)

I can't speak for everyone who doesn't post as much as they used to but for myself I've been working on an ANH Vader and a Tie Pilot costume along with my day job and my personal film work. There's only so much time in the day and the posts on this forum are a lot to keep up with. I'm not complaining...far from it. Spending time on other forums has just made me appreciate this one more but when you're focus currently lies with other costumes, it's hard to find the time to spend here. You guys know how it is - you focus on what's on your workbench. Rolf, this doesn't include you as I know there's ALWAYS a sanady on your workbench! LOL!

Don't kid yourselves. The community here is strong and just because people don't post frequently doesn't mean they aren't reading. I was told not to say anything unless you have something to say so I don't post all that often. :) Since I'm not currently working on my Sandy I don't have a lot to contribute right now.

A big thank you to the staff here for making this one of the friendliest and most informative costuming forums ever! I've been constantly amazed how a group who is so detail-oriented and fastidious can also be so kind to noobs. That's why I send a lot of noobs here and why i started with a sandy in the first place. I really appreciate the staff's perseverance in maintaining that attitude across the board. Here's to many more years of the MEPD!

Well, I've been trying to figure out what to say here. I'm definitely one of those people who just isn't on as often as they used to be. I've been without internet for eight months now, and am finally going to get an internet hook up, so I'm hoping that I'll be on a bit more often now. As for elections, I'd love to keep my position as DO. I don't have the time needed to do much else, what with working full time and going to school.

Well, I've been trying to figure out what to say here. I'm definitely one of those people who just isn't on as often as they used to be. I've been without internet for eight months now, and am finally going to get an internet hook up, so I'm hoping that I'll be on a bit more often now. As for elections, I'd love to keep my position as DO. I don't have the time needed to do much else, what with working full time and going to school.

Great!!! new zac.

Maybe the staff could look like this (its only a maybe, lets see what the election will bring us soon):

Co- Daetrin

Xo- ?

SAA- TD-252

Mo- Rocko

DO- thegreatSot

Padde and Dutchy, have said yes to a title somewhere if needed.

But no for CO/XO.

To me its not so much who are in the staff, as long as the forum have a good energy.

And the staff help the forum to be so, together whit all its members to support the forum.

So we have new topics/post every day, so people like to log in, and do there part, to keep the forum alive and a fun cool place to be.

Move a long... move a long.... TTtcchhzzh hh... :td::salute:

Posted Image