MEPD staff election/February 19th.

Rolf

Hi sandy´s.

Its all most time, for the MEPD staff election 2010.

I just copy paste this, from the 501st charter:

Voting begins at 12:01am GMT on February 19th. Votes are cast via the Legion's official online ballot. The voting will be open for exactly one week (7 days) after which no more votes will be accepted (ending officially on midnight GMT February 25th). Winning candidates assume their positions at 12:01 GMT March 1st. Every active member in good standing may vote for their respective leaders. Members that are classified as inactive may not vote unless their status has been changed back to active before voting begins. Notice of upcoming elections will be posted on the main mailing list one week prior to the nomination period beginning. Notification of any elections to individual members is ultimately the job of garrison and outpost commanders for members in their region and detachment leaders for members in their detachments.

My question is to all of you, where do we see our self/the MEPD about a month from now.

How will the new staff looks like, if it was up to you.

Do you see your self as a candidate, and if so for what rank, and why/your vision etc.

It could be cool to see, what we have to work whit here, up to this upcoming staff election.

Who do you like to nominate, and will a staff member say yes to the nomination, or not run again etc...

Cheers

:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not run again in 2010 and will step down regardless of election outcome. I've served the MEPD as best I can since 2005 and am ready to see things taken over by a new generation. I strongly encourage anyone who's enthusiastic and dedicated to the Legion to step up try their hand at Detachment leadership.

As always, when a transition takes place, I'll personally make sure the new staff understands what's required of them as well as all the technical responsibilities to run and manage the forum/web site.

If you have any questions of me or the staff, feel free to ask anytime.

I know you will not run again, and i understand you 100% bro.

I´m just happy, we had our good times in here together.

And i wanna say thank you for that bro :) .

I have been here since 2006, and log in all most every day.

To have fun, and trying to make this forum a cool place for us all.

But i´m a bit burned out too, after over 4000 post, 4 years, and a new baby boy on my side too.

So i´m not looking for either a XO, or CO rank.

In a way i like to see a complete new staff line, full of new energy to this forum.

I might stay as SAA, but as i post above, i like to see a complete new staff line.

Whit new good energy, to run this place for us all.

So don´t be shy, just post away here...

Let us hear what you think, you might be the new man/woman to take over the wheel for the MEPD.

Move a long... move a long... :td::duim:

I think you guys deserve a well deserved break! Mike has been synonymous with sandtroopers for a long time now and Rolf has breathed life in to this forum numerous times. You should hold your heads high for what you've accomplished. MEPD was my first real exposure to the larger world of the 501st and had a pronounced influence on me of what a community should be.

:salute: gentlemen

Thanks for your kinds words bro´s, it means a lot to me.

I love the MEPD, it have been my morning news paper for the last 4 years.

A garden i love, and check out every day etc...

But i´m a bit tired now, so i hope a new staff of troop´s can bring some new sun into the sand pit.

(i will still be here every week, but not as much as before)

Troop on bro´s :salute:

To answer your question Rolf directly:

How will the new staff looks like, if it was up to you.

I'd like to see next year's staff reach out to some of the old TD's who aren't on MEPD and try to get them back. I did a check on sandtrooper cotumes in the Legion and there are a lot of older profile pix still with drop boxes, incorrect ab plates, and most important NO DIRT. How to get old members back and interested? MEPD pioneered the deployed concept to get costume standards higher and several folks provided great pack kits to get us away from sterlite boxes. :)

Perhaps something like the JRS that has an award system for troops. Personally I don't like this as it rewards the wrong thing IMHO, but it does get those older troopers to log in and show their costumes off at least.

I'm wondering if there is a need for 6 officers next year. When I was XO there wasn't much for me to do aside from chime in on the 501st DL boards or function as a moderator. Yes, I did migrate the forums but that was a one time deal. I'd suggest the DO can be rolled in to the XO job or else the XO's role needs to take on other functions for them to earn their pay :) As for S@A, Rolf has really set a high bar for keeping morale up, etc. so hopefully he'll stay on as he requests. :)

Do you see your self as a candidate

No. I've been asked if I'll run but to be honest I'm having a lot of fun as FISD DL and there are still parts of that detachment I'd like to mature before I move on. Doing the DL for any detachment takes time if you're going to do a proper job of it, and MEPD deserves to have someone as DL that has no other challenges for their time.

Thanks for your good, and direct reply bro :)

I don´t know what happen, 06, 07, 08 was mad cool here, lots of fun, lots of trooper knowledge.

But BAM! 09 was shot down, all most all my friends are gone in here, and don´t use the forum much :(

I have been trying to contact most of them by pm, and try to get them back on...

Even i guess, we have talk about the most there is to talk about these sandy´s.

I guess, we could still have a bit of fun here together.

New members comes, and thats cool, but we need some of the old timers, to show them the way too ;)

I have been thinking of you, as one of our high rank officers Paul.

But i understand you can´t be both as DL on FISD, and on the MEPD too at the same time.

Maybe later down the road, lets see what happen bro...

I like to stay as SAA, but only if this forum keeps to be a fun place.

Full of joy, and new made trooper knowledge topics/post.

If not i will sure kill my lust for it, like it has in 09.

But i will never leave the sandy hobby, i love it too much for that.

Hi... i even have a new TM TD on my way, this week.

I just hope members will use this topic, trying to put a cool staff together for 2010.

So bro´s... the forum is yours, fire away!!!

Cheers from the TDman.

Rolfthewolf :peace:

Two days and no candidates or nominations, i have a bad feeling about this :unsure: (Han Solo line :D )

Come on guys, are there not any one out there whit some energy for going staff :salute:

One question:

What will happen to the MEPD, if we don´t have a staff :unsure:

Right now we don´t have a XO, CO will not run again.

And i as SAA might not run again either, our moderator are not a 501st member, so its not sure he can run again either... :unsure:

Oh fear not Rolf - jeez I'd do it if no one else will so we'd have *someone*. And you know I'd do Ok, but honestly like you I'd prefer a new person step up.

Also, I'm not worried - nominations are weeks away and there are probably a few folks thinking it over before coming out. It's a serious commitment after all.

Oh fear not Rolf - jeez I'd do it if no one else will so we'd have *someone*. And you know I'd do Ok, but honestly like you I'd prefer a new person step up.

Also, I'm not worried - nominations are weeks away and there are probably a few folks thinking it over before coming out. It's a serious commitment after all.

Thanks for your reply Paul.

It makes me more safe, and relaxed.

I will sit back, and hope for the best.

Cheers bro :)

Paul puts it into words so well, I second that. Thanks guys for making this a great forum.

Copy that BIGTIME.. :peace:

It will be hard to find someone who can uplift the spirit of the MEPD (again) and keep the fire going.

The moderator team will probably keep consisting out of the same people, and I will be happy if it will be.

Finding a new CO and XO will be tough nut to crack, I myself would love to see one of the "other" known TD's step up to the plate and take charge because they know what the MEPD stands for and what high grade we keep and have here.

If necessary I will offer my help to the mod. team but CO and XO is out of my league.

I really hope that someone known steps up and takes charge.. :duim:

Copy that BIGTIME.. :peace:

It will be hard to find someone who can uplift the spirit of the MEPD (again) and keep the fire going.

The moderator team will probably keep consisting out of the same people, and I will be happy if it will be.

Finding a new CO and XO will be tough nut to crack, I myself would love to see one of the "other" known TD's step up to the plate and take charge because they know what the MEPD stands for and what high grade we keep and have here.

If necessary I will offer my help to the mod. team but CO and XO is out of my league.

I really hope that someone known steps up and takes charge.. :duim:

Copy that all the way bro.

Thanks for stepping up my friend ;)

Hi folks,

sorry for not responding sooner!

This is an important and sensitive subject and I can only back Dutchy up in offering my help and support!

I would not see myself in a position as to run for either CO or XO but I do hope that some of the 'veterans' will step up to fill these positions and take the newly elected staff on to a prospering MEPD - and I will gladly support that with all my heart if needed and wished for.

I have found so many useful and valuable information here, as well as nice people to chat and exchange opinions with, and I think it is more than worth it to keep this up!

This is a great forum, the MEPD is a great department and we, who love Sandtroopers, should put all our efforts together to keep it that way and even improve it!

Although, I am not saying that the actual staff has not done a good job - they absolutely have and we should keep up this good work!

I would very much like to see Rolf remain in his position as SAA, as it would be important to back a newly elected team up with some of the ol' pros! ;)

I would rather see him as XO or even CO but we have discussed that before...! :D

So, I am not only offering my help and dedication but also like to encourage others to step forward and do somethng for the MEPD - the MEPD was there for you when you needed it, now it is time to be there for the MEPD - THE MEPD NEEDS YOU! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks for your good, and kind post my friend.

I would love to see you in the staff too, even you are a newer member.

You got very good assemble/build skills/good trooper knowledge, plus a loved person by many members (me for one).

Troop on :)

Maybe we should look at what we need:

1. CO

2. XO

3. SAA/Sergeant at arms

4. DO/Deploy officer

5. MO/Merchandise Officer

6. Moderator.

Question:

Do we need all 6 titles on the MEPD, or more...

Like more then one moderator, like we have got before.

This is just a play around, to see how it could look like.

Nothing for sure, just for fun.

1. CO= TD-1536 now staff/new Daetrin?.

2. XO= No one/ TD-252?.

3. SAA= TD-252 now staff/new Dutchy?.

4. DO= Zac now staff/ new Padde?.

5. MOD= Rocko now staff/ new Dutchy/Padde?.

6. MO= TD-1196 now staff/ new MO?

Hope to hear from the DO, MOD, MO staff, what they like.

In a way i still like to see a complete new staff, all pump up whit energy.

Maybe whit a few old times in, to make it all work out tip top.

Thanks for the kind words and support, bro - I appreciate it!

Well, I have offered my help and you can mark my word on that; I will happily take whatever position the active staff will see fit for me and do my best to fulfil the duties that come with it.

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks for the kind words and support, bro - I appreciate it!

Well, I have offered my help and you can mark my word on that; I will happily take whatever position the active staff will see fit for me and do my best to fulfil the duties that come with it.

Cheers

Patrick

Sounds good.

Thanks for your back up bro :)

I'll help once I get deployed... Yes Paul I'll work on it before the elections B)

Actually you don't need to be deployed to run for office. Everyone with a valid Legion sandtrooper who is a member of this forum counts as an active, eligible member of this detachment, per the charter.

Deployed status has no bearing on Legion status.

i'm sorry to hear that the old members of MEPD no more want to continue there great job, but i can understand this after all these years, i'm again a new member (not again one year i'm on the forum) and the ancients wants perhaps to turn the page.

a big thank you for what you have done.

i hope it will be continued because the MEPD is for me the most important forum and i think for many guys on the earth, and many more :D

it is for me a great source and really complete answer for always upgrade the suit with always good and kind words from all the members.

i don't want that these community dissappear, and if i could help, i will do with pleasure, but in my side it will be really impossible, because my english is too poor. (it is in these moment that i am disapointed to don't have took many more time to learn at school :lol: ...)

for write all my posts like for write this, it is a real effort (re-reading and often translator... for no make mistake). it takes me a really long time

i really hope we will find the great person for the new generation!! and thanks a lot Paul for you presentation!

hope the best for the continuation!!

Thanks for stopping by bro.

You might be new in here, but have all ready done some very good posting in 09.

Which have been a slow year for the MEPD, so thank! you bro :duim: .

For 4 years ago i did not have a computer, but got my first one (i check the forums/SW sites from work/public librarys etc/i was a poor student :blink::D ).

I could only write whit one hand, and i have to look up every 10 words all most hahahah.

So the MEPD have not only give me great fun/trooper knowledge, but also make me a fast typer :D

So if you like to take up the challenge, its never too late.

For those of you stepping down, I salute you and thank you for your service to the Empires finest!

As for candidates, well, I have alot of spare time on my hands right now. But I have no idea on what positions are available, or what is expected of one in the different positions.

Thanks for stopping by bro.

You might be new in here, but have all ready done some very good posting in 09.

Which have been a slow year for the MEPD, so thank! you bro :duim: .

For 4 years ago i did not have a computer, but got my first one (i check the forums/SW sites from work/public librarys etc/i was a poor student :blink::D ).

I could only write whit one hand, and i have to look up every 10 words all most hahahah.

So the MEPD have not only give me great fun/trooper knowledge, but also make me a fast typer :D

So if you like to take up the challenge, its never too late.

@ Kenthork: Ton problem avec le langue anglais ca c'est ne pas un problem ici mon ami.. B)

oh Heck, I am even giving danish a try and that is more difficult than english Kenthork, I assume.. :rolleyes:

It doesn''t matter if you are verbally strong or if your grammar is up to date, the most important thing is that when you do, it is sincere and comes from the heart. One other thing is that you will never get or be judged because your foreign language skills aren't up to date.

But to get back to the subject,

Mike has done a splendid job as did the whole mod team and I really hope to see some of those names back in the next staff of the MEPD.

Thanks for that guys. :salute:

Thanks for your great replys bro´s, let them come in.

We got around 6 weeks, to find the right staff team to take over the wheel.

But again, its not only up a few staff members, to make a forum work out great.

Its also up to all the members in here...

A lot of missed old members don´t use the forum much any more, crossed finger some them will come back.