How many hours to weather

Daetrin

About how many hours does it take to dirty the armor, and is one method faster than another?

Free time is in short supply when your baby is still an infant, so I'm trying to get an idea of how much time to budget for the process.

Thx,

Paul

Excellent news as this is the route I was planning to go.

Here in the Seattle area we do get rain a good bunch of the year, so the possibility of being in uniform in the rain (e.g Halloween) is a possibility.

Will the tempura stand up at all in the wet, or is it fragile that way?

Tempera will wash away in the rain. You could seal it, though I'm not sure what type of sealer would be appropriate for use over it. A matte acrylic may be preferable, it can still be removed, but you need to use windex or soap. Also, mine took around two hours (my third weathering job, using a combo of acrylic, tempera, and sand).

I don't intend to go clean again, so if it can only be removed with soap/windex should not be an issue.

Which acrylics did you use? FWIW, I'm going more for the black/grey dirty look than the brown/sandy look.

Just as a thought since I'm at the same stage as you - might want to try dusting some pastel chalk (earthtones of course). Not sure how it would be fixed however without it rubbing off. I do know from building scale models that a lacquer-based dull clearcote usually works. But leather and vinyl are different material so if someone knows a better fixative, feel free to enlighten.