I modeled this... radio

zenix

updates? i'm really interested by your radio, and i don't think to be the only ;)

i hope this project is in good way.

Copy that, this topic is from the 19 of november 2009.

Hope to see some progress too asap :D

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yea, I've been spending most of my free hobby time lately on my TK, so I hadn't put the finishing touches on the radio.

we had nearly 3 feet of snow in baltimore this weekend so my other plans were cancelled and I was able to get on this. I wanted it to be perfect so I needed to tweak some things after meeting with charlie and going over some details. also, when I got the knobs back, I examined them and learned some things and had to make some modifications to the model as well.

my TK is more than halfway done, and I've started another modeling project for a part for a conversion kit of a model kit from another movie, but it won't take me long... just a few more hours.

if anyone else wants to make a new project for another part or model, my services are for hire, and are cheaper than you think.

tblatt@gmail.com

@tblatt

todd blatt

k... everything is ordered. they should get here in about 2 weeks or so, and i'll meet up with charlie, make a mold and start the run. Its coming as two smaller knobs, one larger knob, and the faceplate. You'll have to drill out the holes for the switches, and attach the knobs yourself. I made a mark in the center of the boxes on the faceplate so you can center the knobs easier.

I imagine that in 3-4 weeks we'll have the first batch made up, and ready for shipment.

Will you be starting a seperate thred for the run, and is there a set price yet?

I'm just wanting to make sure I got the cash ahead of time LOL

Please PM me as I'm going to need more then one kit.

Thanks for making this happen bro, much appreciated!!

My plan is to make a few castings to ensure we maintain the high quality that Sandtroopers demand and deserve :)

Once I've figured out how much resin and labor go into making the new radio, then I can determine an appropriate and fair price for the kit. I will cast at least 10 radios to have on hand, then announce the availability in a separate thread around the middle of March.

So hang in there troops - Almost there...

Charlie

My plan is to make a few castings to ensure we maintain the high quality that Sandtroopers demand and deserve :)

Once I've figured out how much resin and labor go into making the new radio, then I can determine an appropriate and fair price for the kit. I will cast at least 10 radios to have on hand, then announce the availability in a separate thread around the middle of March.

So hang in there troops - Almost there...

Charlie

Count me in for one or two bro ;)

What Size is the faceplate? I hope to be able to replace it with my old one.

The faceplate is almost exactly the same size as the existing vacuum formed version that I have been selling. Just slightly different by a millimeter or two. The goal is to allow troopers to swap out the faceplate without having to build a new box to go underneath.

Of course, we'll have to see how the castings turn out to determine whether or not it actually works :)

Charlie