*done* 6513 Requesting deployment *done*

Looking Great Dave!!! Glad to see another East Coast Sandy in the pit....Im planning on doing some troops with the ECG in the future. Welcome

Rick Bates

AKA: Dirty Boy

If that event didnt fall the same day as an event in fall river mass i would have been there.

Looking good Dave! I'd recommend redoing your diamond knee plate, by removing the Stormtrooper plate and reaffixing the Sandy knee plate with a spacer behind it. If you need any help with the how-to, I'll see if I can't find a tutorial for you. Also as you've mentioned, I'll also need a bucket off shot before you can officially be deployed.

Thanks again,GS.The knee plate is already taken care of.I will be trooping next weekend and will send new pix.I also wanted to mention that being a deployed member of the MEPD would indeed be a honor.The minute I thought of converting my armor to Sandtrooper I knew that was my goal-MEPD!

Wow, that's beautiful! Great work on the weathering, you've got it in the nooks and crannies like it's supposed to be :duim:

Excellent work on the backpack assembly! I see you used rivets to hold together the seed trays. Do you have any tips for other folks building packs?

Charlie

Thanks,Charlie.Your kit was great to work with and to me a easier alternative to searching for all the parts piece by piece.I was able to hide my voice amp in the radio box by holding the radio faceplate together with velcro.I used both the Scootch and MH construction tutorials on this website (both excellent!) and Hairspray and Sand and paint really do work.MH weathering tutorial as well as Gundam Zeppelins weathering (and canvas belt) excellent as well. I also reinforced the seed trays with a light thin plastic glued on the inside (E6000 is the best) The BFG is a Hyperfirm that I did the painting on and I threw some sand on that as well.All in all,this website was a invaluable resource.I hope to be Deployed to serve the Empire well.

WWWOOOOWWWW! No Way!Thanks so much!This is cool!

I truly hope you trooper brothers know how badly I wanted this!

What a long,strange journey this has been.I decided after seeing a buddy of mine join the 501st and have lots of fun that I needed to join up too.I was a uninformed newbie at the time and I went on Ebay and bought a used set of armor(I know,I know-BIG mistake)Well that was not 501st accepted,BADLY trimmed armor.I got turned down.I bought a brand new set and a MR CE and got a TK ID.What do I do with my other set of armor(the bad one)? I figured I will replace the badly cut pieces and go Sandie.I asked my fellow garrison members for advice-Where do I go for Help? 2 sandies in my garrison said the same thing-MEPD.I got hooked to the site right away and also admired the attention to detail-screen accurate detail,that is.I could do this,I thought-I started selling stuff on Ebay to bankroll the Sandie project,got rid of the FX bucket,got new MR CE,leg pieces,BFG,etc.I got the Crashmann pack kit (which intimidated me at first-I didn't want to screw it up) and I really started to become consumed by becoming deployed.That was my Goal-this is really great.This means a lot to me.

I want to Thank a lot of Troopers on this site for encouragement and helping me out.THANK YOU