Building a TE2 TD armor.

iconoclasta_88

This is an amazing thread... you could sell the drawings alone online. B)

Great work brother!

THX bro...

HEHEHE... selling the drawings sounds cool. hehe.

But I guess I rather post them here and make them available for anyone to use if anyone want to do it. :D

Saludos.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another question... If anyone could help me.

How about cutting off the little rectangle detail in the ab plate and the glueing a plastic from the back to make it more evident and more present?

Has anyone done this before with a TE2 armor? How does it looks?

Thx for your comments.

Saludos.

Slowly, my armor is shaping up.

I just finished all the strapping for the torso, and started working on the belt. Fixed the plastic to the cotton strap with rivets, and placed the snaps that will hold it in place on the ab plate...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

UPDATE: Just placed the square caps over the rivets.

Posted Image

Still a work in progress of course, but Im very happy with the whole thing.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

The strapping is almost done and so is the armor...

I just need to finish the thigh straps and make some minor modifications to some pieces, then place the knee belt, replace the 3 button strip and the diamond sniper plate and I guess that would be it.

Here are a few pictures and details of the system...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did the first fitting test yesterday but don't have the pictures right now. I will get them soon and post it later today. I am very happy so far, and although it is still not 100% finished nor perfect, I like how it is coming out.

What do you think?

Saludos

Almost there...

Here are some pictures of my first test fit...

I still need to add the knee belt and sniper plate, and adjust some stuff here and there. But it feels great already, comfortable and the armor itself its just perfect. I hope it looks great too.

Also, still need to add the 1 inch plastic strip on the back of the shins and finish the thigh strapping system...

I must say that putting on the armor now with the new strapping system is quiet difficult compared to the straightforward system I used in my FX armor... But anyway, now it feels completely different, more comfortable and way more secure... Just hope it doesn't fail or prove to be a pain in the butt in the long term.

So, What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saludos...

UPDATE!!

This are pictures of the shins, how I cover the gaps on the back and the elastic I put to close the clam shell...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was a holiday in Mexico so I worked on my armor almost all day long.

I can say now that it is almost finished. The armor is just missing the 3 buttons strip and the elastic from the thighs to the inner belt. So then, it was time to move on to the helmet.

I have put together a few buckets before, but never a TE2. As many have say before, I just love this bucket. All the detail and bumps make it a unique kit. Just love it. But I was terrified to make a mistake (that I eventually did) and mess the helmet too bad (hope its not that bad).

To assemble it, I used Mike's tutorial videos. Without them I would have taken three or four times more to finish, and probably wouldn't have done it in the correct way. Thanks a lot Mike for those videos, and thx Nol for making them available again.

With the videos, and proper tools, it only took me around 4 hours to finish it.

Don´t want to go to deep into the process as I am not an expert or anything, just want to share the final (or almost final) results... This is the assembly:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AS you can see... the mistake was that the left ear is to low. Hopefully it wont show to much, but I know it is wrong.

Now I have to finish the inner padding, chin strap, paint job, stickers, lenses, and hovis...

Two small things.

Maybe i would add the face plate a bit more out to the dome:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes! I know what you mean about the face plate... I noticed that too, but thought nobody else would. LOL!! I was too naive. HEHE...

The thing is that I already riveted the faceplate to the dome and I don`t know how to take off rivets (and definitely don't want to damage the plastic) So, any suggestion there?

And add a metal dot, in the point crotch :)

OK... now I am lost. HEHE...

What do you mean with "point crotch"?

Thx for your help Rolf!! :)

Saludos.

this seems to be the final straight to the end, you did a good job on your suit.

can't wait to see all with your pack and weathering. :D

my armor is yet in the box... i have no time to build it for now, many many works at home, i enlarge a room, + my job pffff....

i hope to continue my pack and begin the build of the armor in the beginning of the year, not before <_<

i think your helmet is ok, i can't see what you say rolf, but it is probably right because you are a master TD builder :D;)

Ha ha thanks bro´s :D

I just took this picture for your Juan.

Here you go, the crotch style :)

Posted Image

OHHHH!!! I see!

MMHH??? Here is a question I probably shouldn't ask considering it is you who has that on your armor but:

Is that the way it should be done?

I have studied lots of references and have never seen that snap there before. Just the two snaps on the butt piece.

Anyway, I don´t have much TK pictures and TDs don't stand in so many different positions so thats probably why I've never seen that before.

If you say it is the correct way to do it, I will put that down there then.

I just want to have my armor as similar to the ANH armors as I can make...

Thx for your help Bro!!

Saludos.

Here is a few, sorry not the best pic :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK!

THX Rolf!

I guess I have to upgrade my armor a bit...

And just half an hour ago my 3 button strip from TM arrived, and this morning I placed an order for a set of Move Along decals from Mike, so now I have everything I need to finish my armor.

This is exciting!

Thx bro!

Saludos.

You got it bro.

Sounds like you go all the way out whit this suit, i LIKE!!! it.

I can´t wait to see you all suit up asap.

I guess you have a nice desert down there, for some pro shots too.

C ya :)

I was afraid that since I had already riveted and screwed the helmet together, it would not be possible to correct the face as Rolf suggested. But I was wrong. It was not difficult at all, and now the bucket is looking way better.

The one thing that was kindof difficult, was that I cut off part of the dome forehead to give the move along look to the bucket. So, now that it is placed in the correct place, the forehead is too high. So I glued a strip of plastic (from the trimming of the shins) to the dome and... I guess it will work fine.

So, here is how it is looking as for now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Looks much better bro.

It give so much to the helmet, now that the face plate go more out tot he dome.

Nice hight of the bow trim too, very move a long a like.

I LllliikkeeeEEE!!! it.

Move a long... move a long... :td::peace:

Looks much better bro.

It give so much to the helmet, now that the face plate go more out tot he dome.

Nice hight of the bow trim too, very move a long a like.

I LllliikkeeeEEE!!! it.

Move a long... move a long... :td::peace:

THX a lot bro...

I like it too ;) All your help and TMs help has been very very useful and inspiring!

Im very close to finishing it!

Here is a picture of the last snap, this time in the cod piece. I guess it now has the whole ANH assambly look. Just need to paint white the rivets that show at the side of the lower body parts.

Posted Image

What do you think?

THX for all your help and comments.

Saludos.

It's bit too late now but, the strap under the cod on the real ANH suits were riveted and only had the snaps on the butt plate, just for future reference.

LOL!!

****!!

HAHAHA... Oh well...

No big deal.

I guess I can take it off and then place a rivet somehow. Since it is not fixed with glue or in a functional manner, It wont be difficult to take it of and the hole is the same diameter for rivets. And I wont be showing much that part anyway...

Thank Bro!

Ill fix it tonite!

Just to be 100% sure: No snaps on the codpiece, just 1 rivet. Is that right?

Saludos.