3 ab plate buttons.

iconoclasta_88

As of 9/25/09, Deployment Specs have been updated to state that only three buttons are on the left-side ab plate. All previous deployments prior to this date will be grandfathered in without issue.

This last couple of days the 4 or 3 ab plate buttons issue has been around, and since it is now official that only 3 buttons will be acceptable for deployment, I want to bring this topic to the table.

I know I have read somewhere in this forums about TD and TK buttons being different size. Even think I saw a comparison shot, but now I cant find the thread or the picture.

Anyway, here is this one I just put together.

Posted Image

I am building a new TD armor, and wish to make it 3 buttons since the beginning, but as long as I can see and remember, the buttons stripe in TE2 kit is not accurate for TDs. Is it?

I think I will need larger buttons. But I wonder, does anyone knows or can think of a good source (material, part, maker, etc) for these.

And my second and more important question, is there any agreement on how wide should the button diameter must be?

Finally, whenever I find the correct buttons, either making or purchasing them, I guess I will just place them on the top of the base on the Ab plate, and not with a second layer as if I was putting the strip that comes with the kit. Everybody agrees on this?

I will try and research a bit more, but think this would be a cool and interesting topic for the forum and who better than the brotherhood of the MEPD to discuss and research this.

Thx a lot.

Saludos.