Is the frown cut out different?

jpbasso

Finally got my armor & I have a question about cutting out the frown.

I'm pretty sure that I read that Sandtroopers(and the other stunt helmets) had different frowns. i.e. more teeth. Any advice on doing this correctly, or is it worth doing at all?

Cutting out the frown is definately worth it, you get more air exhange and it looks much nicer than black stickers. As far as # of teeth, I cut out what was molded into my helmet (G.F.). So, not sure what to say there. Hope that helps a little.

I couldnt imagine wearing mine without the frown cut - its hot enough like that already!!!

I also cut an extra 4th little small hole on each end - I like that look better, but to each his own.

I highly recommend doing it - just take your time and be careful. Get a small triangular file and/or a set of small hobby or jewelers files.

Hope this helps.

Jim Lostetter

TD7722

Mountain Garrison

i would also recomend cutting the frown out and putting black metal messh behind it

there were different models of the helmets in the films each with a different teeth piece

the hero helmet from new hope had 6 teeth cut out 3 on each side

the stunt helmet and sandtrooper helmet had 8 teeth cut out 4 on each side

to get a better air supliy in your helmet i did this i took all the guts out of the comtipp vents except for the wire mesh

then i cut 2 holes the perfect size for the com tipps

glued these in to the holes on the helmet i them put 2 pc fans behind the com tipps

so the fans pull fresh air through the hollow com tips cooling me down

this works a treat

i have a few pics of this if any body would like to see it

jay

its hot **** hot

so hot itll blow your thermal detonater

to get a better air supliy in your helmet i did this i took all the guts out of the comtipp vents except for the wire mesh

then i cut 2 holes the perfect size for the com tipps

glued these in to the holes on the helmet i them put 2 pc fans behind the com tipps

so the fans pull fresh air through the hollow com tips cooling me down

this works a treat

i have a few pics of this if any body would like to see it

This was actually the one I was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a similiar setup in my helmet to the cutout aerators. The way I have it set up is that the fans are surrounded by a tubing that goes all the way around the edges of the helmet. One fan is the intake, the other is the exaust. The way I have the tubing set up is that there are holes all are around the tubing that force air out towards my face on different sections, and pull air out on the rest. This creates an amazing air flow current that keeps me cool. I also have a fan that blows in from the frown section w/ fresh air. I have two fans in the top part of the helmet where I have cut out the dark parts on the decals. This is another exuast that take things like dirt that blow in from the front and blows them out through the top. It is a good system, but replacing batteries is a pain in the ****! I am going to change it up a little when I get my new bucket so I will post some picts then for all to see.