make your own screen accurate radio here

apeers

hey guys drew this up this afternoon and thought i would share, its all the parts to make a screen accurate radio

i havnt made one myself as of yet but will be in the next week or so with pics to follow, if anyone has any suggestion/changes please tell me and i will change it

oh admin can pin this if they wish

cheers

andy peers

radio template1.pdf

radio template2.pdf

• 1 year later...

I have a question since I am going to try build my own radio. in the first template there is some pieces that are locaded in the bottom left corner I don´t understand what they are for. And it say´s it´s 16 of those pieces needed.

Also there is in the piece above the ones I just wrote about that has a square that says: only cut out for bottom left. My question is why don´t I see any thing on the radios that are done, and what is it´s function.

Hey Jimmy,

I can see what you refer too.

The 16 pieces are part of the speaker.

And the one piece with the rectangular cut out is for where the brand logo would go.

Check this pict.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

post-1761-012141500 1285270037_thumb.jpg

Ok That picture helped alot, thanks :). I have this speaker I am going to use, that´s why I didn´t understand it is made of 16 pieces.

I still need to trim the edges, but I hope it will be close enought to the original.

Nice work

I think it prints out a lil smaller (on A4 paper) than intended. However, I think this will work in my favour as my fieldpack is now smaller and more proportionate to me.

Now to make it into a faceplate and attach it to a hobby box for some sort of functionality

Cheers!

Heres one I made of ABS 3MM AND 6MM thick plastic. I couldn't afford all of Crashmann's radio knobs so I found a Tylenol tube and used the lid as my small knobs I just did some minor mods. First I filed off the instructions on top of the caps, then I drilled out some holes and stuck some very small pieces of wooden dowels to make the bumps on the knobs. I also messed up on the 16 small speaker details. They were supposed to be flipped. I hope nobody notices. I'll post up the finished radio when I finish it.

Thanks apeers for that sweet template. One suggestion... the switch squares need to be smaller than the small knob squares. I looked at the original Sonix radio and the two large squares where the large knob and the radio face dial is, do not line up with the four small squares.

post-3631-072234500 1285304272_thumb.jpg

Heres one I made of ABS 3MM AND 6MM thick plastic. I couldn't afford all of Crashmann's radio knobs so I found a Tylenol tube and used the lid as my small knobs I just did some minor mods. First I filed off the instructions on top of the caps, then I drilled out some holes and stuck some very small pieces of wooden dowels to make the bumps on the knobs. I also messed up on the 16 small speaker details. They were supposed to be flipped. I hope nobody notices. I'll post up the finished radio when I finish it.

Thanks apeers for that sweet template. One suggestion... the switch squares need to be smaller than the small knob squares. I looked at the original Sonix radio and the two large squares where the large knob and the radio face dial is, do not line up with the four small squares.

post-3631-072234500 1285304272_thumb.jpg

looks great man....nice work

Almost done. I just need a sticker for the dial and a clear plastic piece to cover the sticker. And a few coats of flat black. That's a Crashmann large knob.

post-3631-022778900 1285563826_thumb.jpg

Looks great, I am trying this radio but with wood. I hope it will be a tiny bit as good as yours. If it dosn´t I guess I will have to find some plastic :).

Nice work

I think it prints out a lil smaller (on A4 paper) than intended. However, I think this will work in my favour as my fieldpack is now smaller and more proportionate to me.

Now to make it into a faceplate and attach it to a hobby box for some sort of functionality

Cheers!

My print out came out smaller too BUT I took it to Office Depot and had it blown up by 10 percent and it corrected the size perfectly. I just made about 5 copies and cut them out for templates.

Efrain

quote name='crashmann' date='29 September 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1285818108' post='90244']

That looks great Efrain! Very nice work capturing the details and getting everything nice and straight :duim:

Hmm, are those R2D2 footshells I see in the background B)

Charlie

Yeah, I have an aluminum droid but I stopped working on it. I don't know the forst thing about Remote Control so that build is on hold.

post-3631-019149400 1285891146_thumb.jpg[