Bucket Interior Detailing

Voodoo

I submit for your approval . . . (or other comments) . . .

After a lot of reading on this forum and some on White Armor, I tried to add as many of the ideas that I could to the interior of my bucket. (Which is an AP, so you know it is a little tight in there.)

Posted Image

Dickie's knee pads, via the UK, were cut up for the padding. The ear-pieces are Bosch ear phone replacement pads, via eBay. Each piece, including earpieces, are velcroed in so they can be removed to be cleaned.

Posted Image

I used two small spray-can lids (Elmer's spray adhesive) as caps for the speakers. I drilled holes for the bolt and the wires, shaped them to fit the contours of the bucket and filled them with foam to absorb sound and prevent feedback. I cut self-adhesive weatherstripping to shape to hold down the screen under the frown. I painted the frown grey to highlight it better. The microphone is in the middle.

Posted Image

The lens is held on by a screw in the middle that goes into a rubber "well-nut" that is glued in place. (The idea I saw previously was for the use of a "t-nut". Same idea, but the well-nut is black, rubber, and has a larger surface to glued to the bucket.) There are small tabs of velcro on the corners to keep it from moving. The wiring is a single unit from Shaggy13 (White Armor). Same price as a Skullworx but actually available. GREAT set-up.

Posted Image

The earpieces help keep it sturdy, help hide the nuts and bolts holding it together and help funnel sound to me. I drilled holes through to the earpieces in hopes it would help me hear a little bit. (Furthers the illusion of actual earpieces as well.)

Did I mention it is a tight fit in there?

• 8 months later...