Always in motion, the future . . .

Tyranus

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on some feedback the production molds for the chest are being ground down a bit so the pectoral or breast area is not so pronounced.

Also, the bicep "thumbprint" is being re-worked a bit to make it look more like this:

Posted Image

Also, the bicep "thumbprint" is being re-worked a bit to make it look more like this: (then there was an image...)

Good! That was the one thing I would've suggested. B)

Ward the pic of the Inner Thigh (Right) armor piece looks promising and > accurate than the existing FX piece. Looking forward to see the rest of the pictures of the Upper Thigh armor for both legs.

I'm just wondering how much is the coverage in between the front and back of your AM abdomen plates that you've shown :

Posted Image

Posted Image

before a gap can be seen. This is relation to a trooper's waist size - will it cover well for troopers who have 34" to 35" waist?

I have a 35" waist. I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait for you to have a run.

Wow. Just wow. That looks all kinds of awesome.

On the one hand, glad to hear it, on the other hand... yet another option I have to look into as I start working on my suit, hehe!

Can't wait to see more pics, looks great so far!

• 2 weeks later...

A few more pics!

This shows the inner and outer thigh pieces

Posted Image

The thighs clamped together, showing the trim strip on the front:

I know the strip down the front is wide - it is the TRIM area and will be cut down by the user. The back has a similar area. :)

Posted Image

And the deeper forearms!

Posted Image

The helmet will be a new, original sculpt. It will NOT be included in the first run of Full kits. The original FX helmet with a new, more rounded dome top will be in those kits.

I have no ETA on the helmet as of yet, but it is in the works and will be here as soon as possible! :)

Here are a few new pics:

Abdomen with added optional TK plate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ANH Sandtrooper cheesegrater handbacks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

TESB handback (Trimmable to fit a wider range of hands - more pics of this soon):

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to take a second to thank you for your interest in this new armor. It has been a long road bringing it to reality, but I think everyone will be pleased.

Tentatively, the kits will be ready about the first week in December. As we get closer, I should be able to refine that date a bit.

The delay and tentative ready date is a result of an issue with a shipment of the High Gloss ABS we received. It did not meet up to the high standards that must be met for this gear, and it had to be returned for a new shipment.

All pieces except the Chest plates have now been formed, and are being trimmed and prepared for shipping so that when the chest pieces are completed, they can be trimmed wrapped and packed, and the kits readied to ship out.

As soon as I have photos of the trimmed pieces I have not posted up yet (including the adjusted chest and biceps), I will do so. This first run is about 100 kits, so it really takes time to do the trimming.

The parts that are trim-to-fit must be trimmed by the trooper to customize it to his or her specific size:

Thighs, Forearms, Shins

Currently, for kits shipped within the Continental United States (not including California) the prices are looking like this:

FULL KIT

(The Full Kit will have the FX helmet and a newer, more rounded dome top for at least the first run. The new helmet is still in the sculpt/design phase and should look more like a MRCE helmet in appearance and size. It will include ABS cement, ABS polish and Instructions. It has all elastic straps, but no standard-grade velcro. Troopers didnt use it, so its being removed. Industrial velcro is now suggested but not included in the kit. The leather E-11 holster seen in the past is not included in this first run but will likely return in future runs.)

LITE KIT

The LITE KIT will include ALL body armor pieces, Instructions and will now include all needed elastic straps. As before, the LITE kits will NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, Helmet kit or Leather E-11 holster. Industrial velcro is suggested but not included.

Thank you for your patience!

NOT TOO MUCH LONGER NOW!!

As always, if you have questions or would like to be added to the email notification list, PLEASE EMAIL ME at tupperwaretk@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Thanks Ward - this is wonderful news and it's great to hear this project is near completion. I'm sure I'm not alone in having a high degree of anticipation and excitement in seeing these become reality, and worn by troopers. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Man I never knew about the "thumbprint" this is awsome indeed!

Will this kit be sold in pieces so people can make upgrades without having to buy the whole kit?

I would love to get my hands on the chesse grate hand plate and ab ect...

Again awsome stuff, very clean and straight looking armor :)

AM Armor is now ready!

Here are photos of all the AM Armor components:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I hit the max number of pics, so the rest are in the next 2 posts)

FOR ORDERING:

Please send an email to me at: TUPPERWARETK@YAHOO.COM notifying me of your intended purchase - this email will secure your place in line, as this is a first-come, first-served arrangement. Then, once I have replied and confirmed the order, you can PayPal to my account.

ALL Purchase inquiries should be made to: tupperwaretk@yahoo.com

To ensure there is no confusion about what is included in the kits, here is an explanation of the contents:

FULL KITS Will include ABS cement, ABS polish, Instructions, and an Original FX helmet with the newly re-shaped dome top for now. (A new helmet is being made, but is still in the earliest of production stages hopefully to be available soon). It has all elastic straps, but no standard-grade velcro. Troopers didnt use it, so its being removed. Industrial velcro is now suggested but not included in the kit. The leather E-11 holster seen in the past is not included in this first run but is being redesigned, and will return in future runs. The TD Sandtrooper ab plate and interchangeable plate are included as are the ANH, TESB, and Sandtrooper Cheesegrater handbacks. TESB handbacks have been intentionally left a bit large to allow trimming to fit ALL or MOST hands.

LITE KITS As before, this kit will include ALL body armor pieces, Instructions and will now include all needed elastic straps. As before, the LITE kits will NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, Helmet kit or Leather E-11 holster. Industrial velcro is suggested but not included. The TD Sandtrooper ab plate and interchangeable plate are included as are the ANH, TESB, and Sandtrooper Cheesegrater handbacks. TESB handbacks have been intentionally left a bit large to allow trimming to fit ALL or MOST hands.

Thanks so much for everyone's interest and continued patience.