Always in motion, the future . . .

Tyranus

Man,

I had not seen this seen... This is a shame.

So sad when this things happen and sadder when they are exposed like this.

Maybe some clarification from the makers is in order.

This community is re-cast drama free for the most part, but I think we deserve to know the truth.

In the meanwhile, lets keep this in an informative tone.

Saludos.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this should only be viewed as a reference thread (for now) until there is more information and we have a concrete, hands on review of the pieces. More importantly, ongoing updated info from the makers, as requested.

Until then, I too will have to stand on the sidelines as an observer.

THX Paul.

Your opinion is highly regarded here of course.

Lets hope there is no drama, but also, that we get to know the truth. I like to have all the info available when choosing an item, and would like for our members to have all the info needed if they decided to go for AM.

Last issue we had regarding recasting other's armor, it was somehow solved in a low profile style.

That time (and still) we decided to act firmly against recasters, always following the forum rules (which is what we can do).

We will do that again if this went out of hand.

PPL must know anyway, that we are having a close look at this issue and other stuff developing atm behind the scenes. Just to be prepared.

Saludos.

Juan

Its crazy to recast a well known suit world wide, and claim its there own work trying to make money.

Sadly we see that more and more now a days on the forums.

But as post above, this is the warmest brotherhood forum world wide, so i´m sure we will stick together and have no drama out of this.

Its a good thing to bring this suit into the light, so people don´t support it.

Troop on :thumbsup:

Accusations like this seem to rear their ugly heads whenever ANY builder makes a more accurate kit that looks like another. A LOT of time and effort has gone into making this a fantastic suit, including direct feedback from the troops themselves!

It’s very easy to claim “recast” when someone creates a product of extreme craftsmanship and accuracy that rivals screen-used, and it’s quite the conundrum for all builders: create something more and more accurate to look exactly like the original without looking like the original!

The look and feel of screen-used armor is the goal of ALL armor producers. When a new, screen-used suit surfaces, it should be studied and scrutinized and used as a goal to strive for, as was the case here. People want accuracy, and eventually almost every ANH suit out there will start to look like every other for one simple reason – because the sculpts are getting better and approaching a near screen-accurate sculpt.

Most of the original NE sculpts were destroyed at the foundry where the final aluminum molds were created, just as they were for the AM gear. The casting at the foundry kills the clay.

These photos show the beginning of the new helmet project, with it being sculpted in late 2008 / early 2009 clearly showing the original 2-part accurate design, which was eventually changed (as I have already spoken to here) to the 3-part design.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a comparison photo from 2009 for making sculpt adjustments:

Posted Image

And the resulting January 2009 face which was shelved and not produced at that time:

Posted Image

When the new project began, the helmet was taken off the shelf and tweaked to make it even more accurate. Tell me this is a recast. Looks like clay to me.

Posted Image

The NE gear may be very similar, but as far as I can see, and others see too, the lines are cleaner, sharper, deeper, and so on, not the classic look of weak pulls you find on original screen-used ANH armor. They are similar, but troopers have already spoken out about the upper back plate for being the wrong size and too crisp and sharp!

If this is a recast, a monumentally terrible job was done.

In the end, nothing I say will change your mind if it is already made up, you must decide for yourself. Any interested parties know how to reach me.

They are recasts and you have taken all this time to come up with this story, and make these sculpts of the face and back for fake proof just like RTA. Now you are trying to make this smokescreen just like they did.

What is so laughable about your BS story is that you don't even know what original armour looks like. If you did, your new sculpts wouldn't be exactly the same as the badly sculpted new parts from RS. The fact you claim to be getting closer to the original armour when in fact your new parts are exactly the same as the RS with all the cleaning up they did with their armour.

Even if those photos you have shown were taken back in '08, doesn't mean they are the same sculpts you are using now. Nothing you can ever say or show will convince me that you have not recast an RS suit. If there is one thing I know, it is Stormtrooper armour. I have handled the RS original and studied these suits and helmets for 12-13 years now, and know every bump and ripple on each piece of the entire suit, so you will never pull the wool over my eyes on this.

They are recasts and you have taken all this time to come up with this story, and make these sculpts of the face and back for fake proof just like RTA. Now you are trying to make this smokescreen just like they did.

What is so laughable about your BS story is that you don't even know what original armour looks like. If you did, your new sculpts wouldn't be exactly the same as the badly sculpted new parts from RS. The fact you claim to be getting closer to the original armour when in fact your new parts are exactly the same as the RS with all the cleaning up they did with their armour.

Even if those photos you have shown were taken back in '08, doesn't mean they are the same sculpts you are using now. Nothing you can ever say or show will convince me that you have not recast an RS suit. If there is one thing I know, it is Stormtrooper armour. I have handled the RS original and studied these suits and helmets for 12-13 years now, and know every bump and ripple on each piece of the entire suit, so you will never pull the wool over my eyes on this.

wow.

its inevitable and we all knew it wouldn't last long. RS cant have something that nice and not have someone want a piece of it. Its happened to every armor maker or prop collector that ever offered anything. People even steal decals!! Still a bummer though. Like I have said before, if you dont want to have your stuff recasted, then don't ever offer it up for sale. Unfortunately, greed overwhelms common sense in most and they want to make money off their prop or creation..and..then eventually everyone else does too. There is no way to stop it and no fail safe way to really deter anyone from it.

FX / AM never seemed to care too much about accuracy in the past. It seems that issues such as fitting oversized troopers and ease of assembly were more important. Even now, to make a 2 piece cap-n-back seems counterproductive if the goal is accuracy.

So why would they now want to recast only some parts of RS? Something doesn't add up.

this is where you see where peoples loyalties lie!

not only in the recaster but very much so in the people that decide to knowingly buy it!

personly i would never knowingly buy a cast of something where the maker does not have the right to produce it (yes i do own an RS)but

money becomes the biggest bug bare here,do you buy it or wait that little bit longer for something that has been produced

by someone who cares and are passionate about what they are offering!

i know where my money goes!! :thumbsup:

RS is cast from an entirely different set of armor. RS is cast from an original sandtrooper. TE lineage is all ROTJ made to look ANH. Lots of details and I cant type that much! :)

Right, but it's still cast off of somebody else's work, unlike tm and the old am/fx which was fan sculpted. So we're saying it's obviously ok to recast a rotj suit that has been cleaned up (since all the te lineage stuff is basically the same suit), but once somebody does that with an anh suit the torches and pitchforks come out?

Also I'm not saying this new stuff is recast or not, sure it looks close but I don't have an eye for that sort of thing.

TM is not entirely fan sculpted either. And, let's face it the person selling FX was not the original sculptor either, but is the most scrupulous of the FX makers.

We all know there is OK and not OK recasting, and it's been this way for quite some time, and it's childish to pretend otherwise. At the end of the day we make rules that protect our membership.

There is always an element that will use the argument of "it's all recast" to further their lies and personal agenda's, but that cry is not made for the benefit of the membership, or the community, but is solely out of a need for personal gain.