Always in motion, the future . . .

Tyranus

I found this by poking around. Can anyone comment on it?

http://www.ulrichmodels.biz/servlet/the-160/.75%22-%2820mm%29-Round-SoundTraxx/Detail

"Small, loud and they fit perfectly into my existing aerators! I wired them in serial which really does reduce feedback. In parallel, they were squealing whenever I turned the volume up all the way. In Serial, they don't feedback at all."

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please comment on this question:

If you had the choice of using decals that mimic hand-drawn lines as seen on screen-used ANH helmets, would you prefer that as opposed to the perfectly straight and aligned look of the FX/AM Armor decals?

Nice RS recasts

:blink:

Ya know...i was wondering...how did they get the face so perfect...something that has taken Paul years to do, (and even his still look a tiny bit off next to an original)....but yet the back plate rectangle is still too big and too sharp. That may explain it..but i have no proof..just going by what Paul said...kinda makes sense. Anyway, Even idealized as FX/AM is meant to be, the back should have that swoop from the rectange's edge to the actual backplate, and the rectangle should definitely be smaller.

this is going to get interesting!

:popcorn:

Ya know...i was wondering...how did they get the face so perfect...something that has taken Paul years to do, (and even his still look a tiny bit off next to an original)....but yet the back plate rectangle is still too big and too sharp. That may explain it..but i have no proof..just going by what Paul said...kinda makes sense. Anyway, Even idealized as FX/AM is meant to be, the back should have that swoop from the rectange's edge to the actual backplate, and the rectangle should definitely be smaller.

Yeah I agree with you here Lou, however, Paul is known for his attention to detail. The bloke has crazy eyes for this sort of thing.... I'm not kissing a$$ here, I'm just calling it like it is.

IF Paul decides to elaborate then I'd certainly hear him out.... Just as I'd hear Ward out.

The forearms, biceps, kidney, butt, shoulder bells are all RS. The back plate looks to be too but has been cleaned up. I would say the face plate is RS too but I can't be 100% sure until I see better photos.

The RS forearms have one original cast (right) and one new sculpt (left) which is quite a bit off comapred to the original ANH and these new AM are exactly the same. The biceps are identicle to RS ones with the new sculpt on the left arm being off with the curve exaggerated.

The face plate is supposed to be a new sculpt and the hardest part of the entire costume to get right, yet somehow manages to be a perfect copy of an original where some of the easier to sculpt parts are way off.

It's not just AM that has recast RS. MFX has too and cast some of my parts. Check AM's new parts against some of the MFX. They will be virtually identicle.

The face plate is supposed to be a new sculpt and the hardest part of the entire costume to get right, yet somehow manages to be a perfect copy of an original where some of the easier to sculpt parts are way off.

Thats exactly what i was Sayin! lol

Yeah I agree with you here Lou, however, Paul is known for his attention to detail. The bloke has crazy eyes for this sort of thing.... I'm not kissing a$$ here, I'm just calling it like it is.

IF Paul decides to elaborate then I'd certainly hear him out.... Just as I'd hear Ward out.

I absolutely agree Paul is crazy when it comes to detail! I was just saying that its natural for something to be slightly off, and in Pauls case i mean SLIGHTLY...when its an original sculpt, i wasnt knocking Pauls work at all.