Always in motion, the future . . .

Tyranus

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

You know that decisive moment in Star Wars ANH, when Luke has his father's lightsaber hanging on his belt now, the 'droids are being hunted by Stormtroopers, Owen and Beru are dead, the homestead is a smoking ruin, and Luke makes that conscious decision to move forward and follow his destiny?

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

As the thread title says, Always in Motion . . .

The new wave of gear is about to be unveiled, but here are a couple of questions for your feedback, along with two teaser images:

1 - Do troopers use the strapping kits that come in the AM armor, or do they discard it and make their own? What are your feelings about seeing new kits with or without the "strapping pack" that comes with the AM gear and the FX before it? Would you miss it if it wasn't included?

2 - Would you rather have thighs in the kit that are extremely accurate and perhaps more difficult to build, or the AM thighs (CAD designed to fit together beautifully) that are not as accurate but much easier to make?

And now the images:

Test cast aluminum hovis:

Posted Image

And a mystery image:

Posted Image

More soon . . . .

WOW!

Those hovis, and the vocoder look AWESOME!!!

More pictures please!!!!

I have never got an AM or "real" FX kit... but if my opinion counts, I think having the options is better than having or not having the strapping kits.

As for the thighs, I would rather have more accurate parts that perfect fitting not accurate parts. But I also think some of the beauty of AM armor is its looks, even if not accurate, it does have a very unique charm of it own for the more idealized styled troopers.

My 2 cents!

:)

Saludos.

Thanks for your feedback Juan.

Anyone else? I've almost NEVER seen this group this quiet before! This question can be answered by anyone with armor, not necessarily just the AM gear.

Please give me more feedback!

More photos coming soon . . .

Thanks for your feedback Juan.

Anyone else? I've almost NEVER seen this group this quiet before! ...

Yes, its been quiet for a day or two.

I guess lots of ppl travelling home for Thx giving...

I guess after saturday things will come back to normal business.

Saludos.

I joined back in 2007 and got the FX kit and loved it, I know have upgraded to the newer AM kit but have yet to really sink my teeth into it.

I did use some of the strap that was supplied in the FX kit but I found that over a period of 4 years trooping the straps got pulled out of wack

a bit and had to be replaced which I still had some left over as I used Suspenders to hold my mid section and cod via my shoulders.

Now with the new AM kit I have I will still use some of the straps for areas and places that won't be getting stretched on ect so straps are good

even though I didn't use it all, it still got used.

As for the newer thighs, that's a great idea especially after seeing all the upgrades in TD standards as well as the TK standards.

If I have the one's from the last kit, and wanted some of the newer one's how could one do that before starting work on the one's I have now? ;)

The new mic tips are great looking, so I would think it's not that easy/cheap to get thee made?

Also were these made so to hold speakers better minus feedback from any amp system for playback ect?

Also I didn't get the helmet with the new AM kit so is the picture shown a small peek at a newer more accurate version?

And finally, thanks for continuing to be apart of this, without your armor being made, god know's I wouldn't be here today

so thanks brother, much appreciated!

walt

Great feedback, thank you!

I have another question for you, this time about helmet decals. I think I know the answer, but want to ask anyway.

If you had the choice of using decals that mimic hand-drawn lines as seen on screen-used ANH helmets, would you prefer that as opposed to the perfectly straight and aligned look of the FX/AM Armor decals?

OK. Having asked a question, I now have the first of several reveals to make.

As the thread name says, Always in motion, the future . . . and keeping true to that, the AM (Armor Master) kit is now evolving into NE Armor - No Excuses.

The time has come for a partial reveal of the redesign, with more reveals coming very soon.

There are sweeping changes to the kit in this evolution into the NE kit to make it MUCH more ANH accurate, but the biggest revelation here is:

THE NEW HELMET!

Yes, you heard that right - NEW helmet

This has been a long time coming, and will be a day long remembered.

I will have more images to share with you of the armor soon, but for now, here is the chest and upper back, and a few views of the NEW helmet pieces. The pictures show them untrimmed, but you get the idea.

And yes, the Frankenstein FX bucket dome is now a thing of the past.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a side-by-side comparison to a screen-used helmet:

Posted Image

WOW!!

That actually looks awesome!

The chestplate is really cool. I even think that it looks so much more ANH on the shoulder straps than the TE derived armor! Nice!!!!

The faceplate looks really good too!

Congrats on the sculpt. Beautiful for sure.

One question I would like to ask... Why is the cap and back still in two pieces?

Is it a matter of production, or maybe lineage and evolution? ;)

Great work bro.

Congrats!!!

Saludos

Juan

Wow, looking sharp!!! Great work! NIce to see the improvements!

The back box still looks a bit sharp, will the transition be smoothed out? Also, does the helmet have any lineage or is it 3D scanned / milled or something? Looks great!

Thanks guys!

The helmet is a NEW SCULPT.

The helmet was not produced in a traditional 2-part format, because in order to vac ABS plastic over that deep of a mold, it stretched it far too thin and made it far too brittle.

It was tried, but abandoned in order to keep the durability and dependability people have come to associate with FX/AM intact.

NE......NICE!

Look's awesome bro, thanks for sharing the pics!

I just happen to be in the market for a helmet so really looking forward to

checking out some finished pics and finding out the price :thumbsup: