Bunch of losers..

dutchy

I just read on a dutch newspage that the members of the Dutch Garrison had to hand over their weapons to the local police. What I could understand from the article is that they did a troop for sick kids which took place on a reserved and closed area...

This states again that our dutch law enforcement excists out of a bunch of dodo's that haven't got anything better to do then confiscate weapons from people who do this for the good cause..

Rapists and murderers can roam around freely, but when you are wearing plastic your target practice..

Keep the spirit up you guys that lost their weapons :duim:

These are the links noted on the Legion web site...

http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic...717&start=0

What started to be a very joyful charity event for sick children turned out to be a great setback for the Dutch Garrison.

After undercover agents observed us for an hour, they entered our changing room, identified themselves and began to confiscate our blasters and taking official statements.

Apparently our E11 blasters fall under the category 1 replica's, which you are not even allowed to have in your home, because they resemble the original too much.

It is a big disappointment to us as we can no longer troop with our blasters and all this happened because a prospect member had sent a email to the police asking if he would be allowed to use such replica's. He unfortunately included url's and pictures of our website and the police picked up on that. I know this because the officer had a hardcopy of the email in his hand, which the guy had forwarded me a few weeks ago.

The police issues anonymous press-releases on each case, and so the news about us was picked up and I just got called by our national press bureau ANP (like reuters) if I had any statements on what had happened. My reaction is stated in the second link below (spitsnieuw.nl).

At this moment Dutch national newspapers are publishing the press release on their websites, issued by the police this morning.

6 E-11's and 2 DL-44's were taken by the cops.

http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/12353685...ers+in+Erp.aspx

http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/provinc...eslag_geno.html

http://indebuurt.trouw.nl/n977565-ruimtema..._inleveren.html

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/localitem/2...apens_in_beslag

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/4777344..._genomen__.html

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/articl...kinderevenement

http://www.deomroeper.nl/news/?p=1935

http://www.depers.nl/binnenland/334986/Sta...-nepwapens.html

Sadly that will be the wisest choice Mark...

The police stated that the weapons were very hard to distinguish from the real deal...

I can't seem to recall the last time that a E-11 was used for an armed robbery or a DLT19 for hijacking... <_<

Tomorrow I will enter my local bank with a lightsaber...be afraid :rolleyes:

these are dark days for the dutch garrison,a trooper without his gun is like mickey mouse without his big ears.

lucky i was not on the event but iam waiting for the police to come at my door for my BFG :angry:

these are dark days for the dutch garrison,a trooper without his gun is like mickey mouse without his big ears.

lucky i was not on the event but iam waiting for the police to come at my door for my BFG :angry:

Might sound silly, but is hiding it a possibility so you can keep your BFG buddy :unsure:

PhewwwwWWW thats a hard one, and stupid too.

I hate when people just act stupid, and use there time law wrong.

Hey i´m pretty sure, there are more important things to do... then to steal rubber/plastic guns from the 501st <_<

Can you buy the E-11's in the toy store?

If so, then the cops need to confiscate all of those "weapons" as well. Someone should tip them off.

The law enforcement are clearly abusing their power and interpreting the literal letter of the law by confiscating the weapons from the stormtroopers during a children's charity troop. Especially if they were observing the stormtroopers for an hour before moving in. During that one hour period, they would have clearly seen no intent to behave violently. Furthermore, who could get away in stormtrooper armor? I guess they don't understand how difficult it is to run or jump in a car to flee the scene of a crime.

What a bunch of retards.

Why don't they go bust some crackheads instead of ruining a charitable event?

Charlie

You guys know I'm with HPD but...

Gawd, that is totally insane! :angry:

We've got a replica law here in Hawaii..as long as the person doesn't branish it or point it at a LEO then everything is kool.

I feel real bad for those troopers who lost their blasters... :(

T :mellow:

Its hard when suspicions is all around,i understand,we never know what happen,is it cool or not.

I think it shouldnt be that way and the police should've reply the mail and asking for a meeting with the members just before the event and inspect the blasters the troopers wants to carry,DONE

I wonder if there any attention from the 501st on a case like this? And what is their effort for the unfortunate members? Are there any permanent plans to work with law enforcement? Those blasters are not cheap and easy to get

Best wishes for the troopers

That's exactly what I have been thinking about as well.

Maybe get the attention of the media and inform them that there will be a "demonstration/ troop" in front of the dutch parliment to get the needed understanding.

But the dutch law is very strict about owning replica weapons, if you buy a Hasbro toy blaster and paint it black you are jailbait...but if you paint it in another colour it's ok so that the crowd can see that it isn't real.

Which makes me think, if I would buy a fully automatic weapon and piant it orange with white dots it's permitted because then the crowd can see that it isn't real.. :rolleyes:

The dutch law enforcement has shown itself again from it's finest side.. <_<

That's exactly what I have been thinking about as well.

Maybe get the attention of the media and inform them that there will be a "demonstration/ troop" in front of the dutch parliment to get the needed understanding.

But the dutch law is very strict about owning replica weapons, if you buy a Hasbro toy blaster and paint it black you are jailbait...but if you paint it in another colour it's ok so that the crowd can see that it isn't real.

Which makes me think, if I would buy a fully automatic weapon and piant it orange with white dots it's permitted because then the crowd can see that it isn't real.. :rolleyes:

The dutch law enforcement has shown itself again from it's finest side.. <_<

I totally feel bad for those guys, they are obviously being singled out since the LEO's there can't catch real criminals. But I think I like Dutchy's idea, I think I will paint my AK-47 to resemble the old Kenner Action figure blaster blue and carry that around, it would look harmless at that point :)

Best of luck to the Troops that lost their blasters.

- J

A little update The CO of the dutch garrison Barry.R was on Dutch tv channel SBS 6.

Here is the link we are working on subtitles so far its only in Dutch

bunch of losers

In the worst case they have to pay 270 euro each make a total off 8x 270 euro is 2160euro.

2 years probation and being watch if they found replicas within these 2 years they have to go to prison.

All members off the Dutch Garrison can expect a visit from the police for a house search.

The lost euros off the weapons is not known.

As soon as i know more i will post it here

This entire thing just blows me away. We obviously have different laws here and the police like us as far as I have expirienced. We also have alot of law enforcement officers in our garrison. I can see some trouble running around with blasters without armor on, but in costume? give me a break. This entire situation is sad because it can spread accross Europe. :(

This can only happen in the Netherlands our law is very strict in replicas it is so you'd better have a real gun this is less serious than a fake gun believe it or not its the truth.

In Belgium and Germany you may have them but there are rules for them how to transport etc.

This what we call united europe :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Last update a local toy-shop will give 8 E-11 blaster for free for the one who lost his E-11 :D:D

I wonder what the police think of this action :P:P:P:P

...How did this law there happen? Why is it so strict?

As far as i can remember this law came in 1986 ,before there was't any law about fake weapons, i can remember in the 80 ties i bought a rambo knive and a crosbow without any problems i was just 14 years old you could kill some one with these weapons.I then had a rambo costume walked over te street met the police no problemo they even liked it with my knive en crosbow.

They say in the dark you can't see if its a real weapon or not ,but my idea is because there was no law before they have been caught up.

But i must say the netherlands is a land of confusion steal a candy and you go to prison kill somebody with a little luck 2 years and you a free to go.

Same with the grass you can buy it on every corner off the street no problemo.But do you have a black E-11 or a BFG you have a problem.

!! it is really no sense!!

have replicas is one thing and the doubt is real when we are in civil, but what's the problem when we wear costume... doubt is not permit it's a sort of "spectacle" not a war game or a training military.

it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

i thought the french law and policemen was the one of the more stupid, I was wrong.

i'm afraid for the next troops in europe, i love my replicas weapons and don't want to lose it, but a trooper without weapon................................. :(

The next step would be to get evrybody there together to some how modify the law with support of the people, news media and other European Garrisons. You would need to go to the government to change it. Let the public know what we do and they will support you! If this just happend for the first time then it will surely spred accross the country very fast!...or you could move to the USA :D