I found a great pouch on eBay

I'm just getting started on my sandtrooper conversion and, while I was hunting down ammo pouches, came across a rather strange looking pouch which I thought would be great for holding all of my stuff while I troop.

I've seen people use sunglass cases and cases made for portable game devices to hold onto their keys and phones while they troop. While this is an obvious necessity, I was looking for something that looked more...official.

What I found was an ammo pouch from, I believe, Finland circa WWII.

It was in good shape but the leather definitely needed to be maintained. I oiled it and stuffed it full of plastic shopping bags to help it regain it's original shape. I also cut out some of the leather dividers inside to give me more storage are for my things.

Here's some pics: http://home.earthlink.net/~tk7708/New%20Pouch/

I still need to do something with the long strap and need to figure out how to make it attach to my utility belt on the costume. Any suggestions?

Does the flask come standard issue? those look really good you did a nice job..do you know of a site where you could possibly find something simular to the one you found?(besides e-bay)

Does the flask come standard issue? those look really good you did a nice job..do you know of a site where you could possibly find something simular to the one you found?(besides e-bay)

True Sandtrooper Lifestyle!

Posted Image

I have a flask, but have not put it into service yet.

I've seen quite a few sites that offer the canvas MP40 pouches - army surplus sites mostly.

I think this happened to be a one-of-a-kind item, but it definitely helps to broaden your search criteria. Instead of "MP40 pouch" try "military pouch" or maybe just "leather pouch." You never can tell how some people decide to list their items.