Made to Last

FIVE

I used the "craft paint" method on my bucket. It's great, and is really "on there"... but... I CAN wipe it off if I want to. Are there any methods to help make it more permanent?

Hairspray?

Fixer?

What tips and tricks do you all have?

• 3 weeks later...

i "sealed" my weathering with hairspray and it´s almost impossible to wipe it off in normal use.

only the more prominent places wipe off a little more but that´s makes the weathering more credible IMO.

of course you should avoid rain or any kind of water...

and be sure to buy scentless hairspray!!! :lol:

hairspray is probably a good method, many troopers use it, i don't try it again.

hairspray is not good under rain (it's a problem.. you can't be sure of the weather when you troop :D )

is someone try to use semi gloss varnish?

it's probably one other good way.

Seems like there should be a simple, non-gloss, "fixer" available out there that would 1) weather proof the armor, and 2) not change the look of it at all.

I'll do some research next time I'm "in town" (ABQ)

• 2 months later...

Another viable alternative will be using Matt Varnish to give a protective spray coating over the weathering on your TD armor. I use Krylon MATTE FINISH as shown :

Posted Image

I'll still use hairspray to hold the Fuller's Earth application though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hairspray is the weapon of choice for many of us, but as Kenthork says in the rain it isn't that great..but then again a sandy in the rain :rolleyes:

The alternative mentioned by catbread and TrooperPeter is the way to go if you want the best effect...

But you could also do a testpiece with either hairspray and the alternative and see what fits your demands best.

• 2 weeks later...