*done* 4401 Requesting deployment *done*

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I know....the Imperial Hummer def needs a gun mounted to the roof. I built one and then decided it needs to swivel for when we do events. Biggest obstacle Im running into is how to mount it and drive on the highway without getting shot at by the local law enforcement :)

• 3 weeks later...

Look - in - good!!! B)

Thanks Noel....its got the same frame and boxes that yours has...been playing around with it and actually starting to like the results. Keep learning new tricks with every one....funny thing is I had never used pop rivets before a month ago :)

...funny thing is I had never used pop rivets before a month ago :)

I had never used them until I did my first TK... now my first thought is always, "Could I rivet that?" :D

Posted Image

Here is my upgraded pack....still have to shorten side pole by about 3 inches and add stinger but its getting there.

Rick what is the exact lenght of the mortar tube you've used on your backpack? Is it a PVC Tube or an clear Alvin Ice Tube spray painted black?

I'm using a 29" Grey PVC pipe for my Mortar Tube - a good fit for the End Caps and Control Plate. :)

I might trim 1/2" to 1" off mine if things don't fit well after my dry run.

Rick what is the exact lenght of the mortar tube you've used on your backpack? Is it a PVC Tube or an clear Alvin Ice Tube spray painted black?

I'm using a 29" Grey PVC pipe for my Mortar Tube - a good fit for the End Caps and Control Plate. :)

I might trim 1/2" to 1" off mine if things don't fit well after my dry run.

Hey Peter....I went with PVC pipe painted black and cut to the length of 28 inches....added the top cap wich gave me the overall length of 29 inches. In the picture the pipe shows the length at about 33 inches....it was one of those things I had overlooked as I was building but has since been cut down.

Hey Peter....I went with PVC pipe painted black and cut to the length of 28 inches....added the top cap wich gave me the overall length of 29 inches. In the picture the pipe shows the length at about 33 inches....it was one of those things I had overlooked as I was building but has since been cut down.

Thanks Rick, and 33" is indeed long and makes the backpack imbalanced on the right side. :blink:

Yep I'll put the end caps on mine and get the overall measurement before trimming my PVC pipe.

BTW is this the Harbor Blue you've used to paint your backpack parts :

Posted Image

Thanks Rick, and 33" is indeed long and makes the backpack imbalanced on the right side. :blink:

Yep I'll put the end caps on mine and get the overall measurement before trimming my PVC pipe.

BTW is this the Harbor Blue you've used to paint your backpack parts :

Posted Image

Sure does.....I dont know what i was thinking when i cut it that long.....lol

That IS the blue I use.....Harbor Blue :) Dry time is much longer than any other paint I've used so plan accordingly lol

Congratulations Rick! You are now Officially Deployed as an Officer in the Mos Eisley Police Department!

Great job, my CTG brother! I've put off my own application far too long, so hopefully I'll be doing that in the coming week. :D Not a lot of sand in Connecticut, but plenty of room for dirty troopers! :lol:

Great job, my CTG brother! I've put off my own application far too long, so hopefully I'll be doing that in the coming week. :D Not a lot of sand in Connecticut, but plenty of room for dirty troopers! :lol:

Hey Rob!!!! Thanks Brother!!! Definitely plenty of room....I was just talking with Gary yesterday about maybe getting us all together for a photoshoot in the dunes somewhere.

I would love it if we could get every TD in the CTG "deployed" :)