*done* 4401 Requesting deployment *done*

FULL NAME: Rick Bates

501st TD ID: TD4401 (Approved)

GARRISON: Connecticut

*EMAIL: Rickbates1@lycos.com

UPDATED 090209

Top 4 pics are from my latest armor weathering

Full armor weathering using Woodland Scenics along with other natural materials. Canvas belt. Elastic shoulder straps. Added screws to ears of helmet. no lines in helmet grey areas. Dark green welders glass for eyes. Screen and additional cutouts for frown. Gaps filled white and then weathered to match. Sniper plate for knee. Backpack scratch built and modelled after ANH with correct colors and radio box from crashmann... T-21 Hyperfirm blaster with genuine Enfield straps. Wireless mic kit set to helmet and speaker box hidden in pack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

brow lifted 090409

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taken 09/19/09...shows brow lift and upgraded shoulder ammo pouch

Posted Image

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me bro! Good job!

Thanks man....I really appreciate it. Im still learning how this whole thing works and hopefully my endless hours of trying to perfect everything will pay off and ill be accepted to the MEPD. Looking forward to being part of the brotherhood :)

well, technically you are already in the MEPD. you're just trying for DEPLOYED status.

Oh...Really??? Thats awesome...Im still learning here. You guys are amazing and I really appreciate all the help your giving me. Thank you so much :)

Looking good bro! Nice armor!

Are those pictures from a TV interview or someting?

They even showed your name on screen... cool!

Saludos...

Thanks brother...yes they were from the connecticon convention. It was really cool. The interview I was actually able to get a copy and posted it on my facebook page. My 6 yr old son was freaking out when he saw it :)

Looking good there Rick. Just a suggestion, you may want to consider covering up the seam lines running across the area under the frown. :)

great idea Gordon...I never even thought about it...ive been so focused on weathering...i knew i was going to raise the brow but overlooked the seams...i think the seam is more obviouse now since the helmet is so dirty :)

Update!!! This is how obsessive i am...i already filled the gaps :) looks awesome...in about 3 hours i should be able to reweather in that area...thanks for the suggestion

If anyone has any suggestions or has questions i truly welcome the opportunity to speak with you. :)

You might want to consider adding the rings to the BFG...

Other than that and modification to your helmet to fill the gap, to me it looks great.

Saludos

You might want to consider adding the rings to the BFG...

Other than that and modification to your helmet to fill the gap, to me it looks great.

Saludos

Thanks Juan....I was looking into rubber stripping for it. Do you think that will work?

Sorry the pics arent that great....as you know its extremely difficult to do this on your own with a 6 year old taking the pics :)

I think both your kid and u did a great job!!!!

6 yrs old and already a freelance camara guy!!! :D

looks nice bro maybe a idea for a personal decal or shirt print :D

And your BFG looks great with those ribs,nice work

Thanks Brother....Ribs make a huge difference...glad I finally got a chance for the upgrade. Shirt would be pretty cool...I'll send my son to school in it...lol

FULL NAME: Rick Bates

501st TD ID: TD4401 (Approved)

GARRISON: Connecticut

*EMAIL: Rickbates1@lycos.com

Heres The T21 Update thanks for the suggestion Juan....

Posted Image

Here is my Pack Upgrade 081109

I know its no crash but every piece aside from the radio face i built from scratch using whatever was available....

Posted Image

whats different on the pack?

Original pack was comprised of 2 single boxes. The upgrade now consists of 4 boxes creating a more screen accurate look. the side pipe now has the buttons added and the angle of the frame is at a 20 degree bend as opposed to the 30 degree bend....I know its not perfect and as time goes on i will continue to find more ways to make it better. Thanks for asking...With everyones help and suggestions i can continue to improve :)

Hey brother, looking good buddy! Love the weathering on the armor - looks really good to the movie weathering. Also love the backpack upgrades and the T21. Can't think of anything else much you can upgrade really...perhaps the only thing would be to make an extra hole at each side of the frown Stunt style. :)

Good luck with getting MEPD deployed! We're cheering you on from Singapore! :D