Re-doing my MG15

I been working in my TD armor and gear for 3 years this month. Since I got my FX kit till today I have been improving my costume non-stop. It is still far from perfect, but I would say it is looking very cool. I like it.

One of the last things I have on the desk were the weapons. I do have a modified Hasbro E11 and a made from scratch MG15, but somehow now it is not enough. So I decided to begin the upgrade of my blasters. First of all, the BFG!!

Here is how it used to look.

Posted Image

As you can see, it is not very accurate. And although I liked it at the time, now it just looks not so cool.

So, Some mods are in order:

-new scopes

-adding a 3rd scope

-new shaft

-resizing

-replacing the gas flexible tube

-new paintjob

-new weathering

And, taking as a reference the great job some fellow troopers and manufacturers have done, I started modifying my BFG.

The partes needed:

Posted Image

Cutting it apart.

Posted Image

New Scopes and blueprints.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the future canon shaft:

Posted Image

And this is it so far...

What do you think. It is not supposed to be super accurate since its made up of different pipes and other stuff, but I guess its going fine.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thx for any help.

Saludos

great work on the scopes, bro! i think the MG-15 is a lot harder to tackle because of all the smaller details like the scopes but your´s truely do them justice.

keep us posted! :salute:

During the weekend I worked in my MG15 almost nonstop. So now it is finished. I really like how it turned out and I think it looks kindof real. I liked the scopes specially. I think it looks really BAD, like what a BFG should look like.

But, what do you guys think?

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

THX!!

Saludos!

Looks great! that is my weapon of choice also - I just need to get started thanks for the pics.....

THX a lot Bro!

That is just too cool! I think I need to have a go, after my lewis is finished. :D

You gunna mod your E-11 more aswell?

Luke

The hasbro E11 is there waiting to be modified. Maybe in the next few months Ill start working on it. But yes, I will sometime soon modify it make it cooler!

Well done! It's cool to see people make works of art out of everyday items.

J

Yep! I love to use everyday stuff to make this great things. Feels like working in the movie's art department!

good job bro'

it better that the ancient :)

i like the writing numbers of killed :lol:

THX! I should be adding more kills soon! LOL!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...