Is that a MP44 canvas hip pouch?

Hi,

i just looked through a couple of HD screenshots and found a 3pocket or even 3plus1 pocket hip pouch.

i found a hip pouch on one of the "Door Search" troopers that does look like a canvas 3pocket pouch but smaller than the MP40 pouches.

it looks like a MP44 canvas pouch to me or what do you think?

Posted Image

this is a MP44 pouch, which looks almost like a MP40 pouch but is slightly smaller and is more square.

Posted Image

Good work as all ways Mr. Rocko.

Thanks for your sharp eyes.

Now lets go find that pouch.

Go go... bro´s :)

(and congrats on your # 2000 post on the board as well bro)

Those definately look like StG44 mag pouches. A few of the sites I used to buy my WW2 German gear from:

www.atthefront.com

http://bunkermilitaria.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

www.militarytour.com

http://www.surcompany.com/listing11-leathe...vas/canvas.html

There are many more. The surcompany site has them relatively cheap and is pretty good to deal with.

J

MP44 pouches are not smaller than MP40 pouches. In fact, they are bigger. And with magazines in them, they are huge. They even required an extra strap to wrap around the back to help keep them in place on the waist. In addition, Mp44 clips are banana clips, meaning they are curved, so the pouches are also curved and not at all squared off like the smaller MP40 pouches. They may look square in pictures with no mags in them, but they are not.

this is a MP44 pouch, which looks almost like a MP40 pouch but is slightly smaller and is more square.

Posted Image

The pouch on the left is a StG44 pouch. It is curved and has the tool pouch in the correct postion. Mp40 pouches had the tool pouch on the lower half, and only on the left pouch.

'Tis true tho, Mp40 pouches were smaller.

Another site with canvas '44 and '40 pouches

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/German-WW2/...Gear-Boots.html

ahh, thanks for the MP44/stg44 pouch informations, i appreciate every info i can get!

i am definatly no expert for any kind of military magazine or ammunition pouches.

:duim:

i just noticed that i finally passed the 2000 post mark, thanks Rolf! :D

ahh, thanks for the MP44/stg44 pouch informations, i appreciate every info i can get!

i am definatly no expert for any kind of military magazine or ammunition pouches.

:duim:

i just noticed that i finally passed the 2000 post mark, thanks Rolf! :D

You got it Rocko.

Congrats from here, all ways funny to get a new round number on your posts.

No expert, phew... bro, you sandtrooper knowledge are among there best in here.

Cheers bro :)

i found a new Sandtrooper pouch in my 2000th post! thats a nice way to celebrate your 2000th post. :peace:

not quiet the same class as the Sonix radio discovery but hey... still a new Sandtrooper item!

thanks for your kind words, Rolf!

• 1 month later...

So does this mean that it is officially a StG44 pouch then.. :huh:

It seems to be spot on. :D

And is it the all canvas version or the one with the leather flaps....because I crossed that version as well.

i´m no magazine pouch expert, but i´d say it´s a Stg44 pouch after what i´ve read before...

i´ll try to take some better screenshots and hope this will make it easier for the experts to confirm the actual used pouch...

Good work as all ways bro :) .

I think you are on the right track...

Maybe we shall look deeper into this pouch history, and find its different versions.

As we know, the MP38/40 have many many versions...

Maybe this STG44 have the same, canvas, leather, differnet straps, colours/sand, green, blue etc...

The only thing i see, is that the SGT44 seems AK47 a like ((( in the shape.

The ANH one, seem to be more straight like lll.

Troop on.

I just noticed the 2 strips of white gaffa tape on the backs of the TD's calves.

Great spot i needed to add some bodge tape to my tm armour and this is it :)

Well done Rocko on finding another pouch for us to search for. I guess prices will be rising soon ;)

Just to make it clear...the magazines/ ammoclips are curved like the AK 47, they give the pouch the curved look when inserted.

But when there are no clips in the pouch they look more square..

And...if you like to have a cheaper alternative..click the link below.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143141...ucts/213%5B6%5D

He also got the full canvas version for the same price setting..and you get a set of 2 :blink::)

I already bought my Enfield slings from him and they were A+!!