Custom BFG's

TD1149

I'm hoping we can use our own designs. My BFG was created using the Hasbro Droid Blaster as the base, then adding a 30"X 4" pvc barrel, and a CLR bottle as a stock. It is reminscent of the Lewis gun so hopefully thats will be sufficient.

yeah, you got my curiosity piqued, although mine is basically a carved 2x4 until ya hit the pvc barrel. talk about heavy as **** for the parades. good workout though. I'd like to build a 34 for parade duty all the same and leep the bfg for small event use.

The "RULE" is that they (the BFG) needs to be based upon, and at least somewhat resemble the Heavies carried by the TD's in ANH.. This can include either -34, -15,or -21's. They can be either fan made props or can be bought by the member at a prop shop.

I DO ask that if you are buying one, please look to OUR fellow MEPD members FIRST... If you dont like what they have, or the prices, then by all means DO go somewhere else, but PLEASE look to our OWN first!!

I did measurements and everything for the DLT-19, from a real MG-34, and posted my tutorial here: http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/ ... .php?t=116 Very easy to make, very close to the real thing in shape. And the best part, this bad boy weighs in at a whopping 3.5 pounds!! Seriously. That's all. Great for those long day hauls.

I also did an MG-15 tutorial on the BBC, too.

very nice, 2 questions for you: the wood, 2 inches wide, by how ,long?, and when you connect the 3 body pieces before the grip how are you connecting them? I'm not following the grip 1, grip 2 lines. I understand, that's where the grips supposed to line up, but ont he buttstock and barrel piece, according to the picture, theres wood that's in the way. have I missed something, am I just being an ***, if so explain it to me and kick me. otherwise an explanation'll do fine so I can rush off to home depot.

OK, here's the deal - where to get the templates - you should be able just to save them right from the BBC. If not, you can get the files directly from here: http://www.balkindustries.com/tbarber/D ... rial2b.gif

http://www.balkindustries.com/tbarber/D ... rial2a.gif

Now, what you should do, is print them out. I made them so you should be able to print them full size, with no trouble. Cut them out. Tape the pieces together, so you have a piece of paper, but it's the full size of the gun. THAT's partly what the "grip point" markers are for - lining up your pieces of paper. Follow me so far?

ok, now, the size of the wood to use. Once you have this full-sized piece of paper cut out and taped together, THAT is how big your wood needs to be. See where I'm going here? You just trace that piece of paper onto the wood. Now, I chose to cut the grip seperately. That way, I could use a piece of wood that was 2"x6"x however long, instead of trying to manage a piece 2"x probably around 9" wide. Follow that? If you do a seperate grip, it will fit right between where it is marked 'grip 1' and 'grip 2'. This all really makes it sound a lot harder than it really is.

Cost: wood 2"x6"x5' about $8

PVC a couple dollars per 5'

wiper blades $2 or $3 per package

curtain rods $2

PVC couplers under $1 each

maybe another $10 if you don't have the other assorted stuff

For around $30 you can start with nothing, and end up with this.

I hope this helps out a few people. If there are any other questions, or concerns, please let me know.

- Tom TD-142