Sandtrooper Backpack #3 - Stacked tube details

Art Andrews

Some may know this already but it is on screen for such a brief second I thought it might be worth posting. On Pack #3, there is a detail on the side that a lot of people have called "shotgun shells." I always thought they reminded me of the little metal cylinders of face paint the army used to use... We almost always see them from the side and they just look like little cylinders. However, when viewed from the back, they have a very interesting shape...

Posted Image

The little cyllinders that we see are actually not directly attached to the main box as I have always thought, but are held off the box by tapered pylons. In fact, they almost look like a single piece of perhaps rubber that was designed to lock some sort of tube of long shaft (like a boat paddle) between each of the little cylinders...

Just thought it might be of interest for anyone who didn't already know. I certainly have never seen anyone add the detail like this...

Another victory on the accuracy part.

So you see, there all always small things that are worth the effort of examing up close.

Great find Art!!

I myself never noticed it.

Glad to help guys! I have finally gotten off my butt ans started work again on identifying all the armor, pauldrons, weapons, and backpacks from each scene... and this just popped out at me while I was doing it. I look forward to seeing the first person do theirs little cylinders like that! To me, it looks a lot more functional and interesting!

Great! topic Art.

On my last pack, i use real empty shot gun shells.

I add them on a plate, and glue them on the tray:

Posted Image

I just check up on your photo.

I got some lip salve, and the tupe look just like the one on the ANH pack.

I think i will add them on my upcoming pack.

Thanks for your great eyes buddy :)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread - but these aluminum tubes have always looked familiar to me. But I have never been able to recall where I had seen them.

But while looking at some TFA stuff today I came across an item that is on Rey's costume.

I was over at <a href="http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2015/04/18/star-wars-celebration-anaheim-2015-photos-of-movie-props-costumes-and-models-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/">OriginalProp Blog</a>

and spotted this small item on the left shoulder

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-121.jpg

It is the "greeblie" located on the left shoulder.

I got a closer image on another site and found this

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/TrooperPX/RL%20Stuff/TFA%20Rey/Belt%20fob.jpg

I believe that whatever these are may be the same item.

I want to say that the camo paint tube may be on the right track. They appear similar.

OR

They could just be left over surplus capacitors. In one of the "dressing the galaxy" books (possibly the first one) There is mention from one of the costumers that they just threw some items together.

These were called "greeblies".

• 2 weeks later...

Another theory - however - I still think they may be the same thing that Rey has on her left. Because they appear rounded on one end. Whereas shotgun shells or flare cartridges are not rounded.

And this is because I was looking at Bossk.

Bossk has flare pistol catridges around his legs. These look similar. And fit the profile much better than my previous idea.

They are like a large shotgun shell.

aa03.jpg

OR

They could just be those large fat household fuses

51KwXy832WL._AC_UL320_SR310,320_.jpg

• 1 month later...

What is a cheaper alternative? 3/4" PVC pipe cut to length?? I have Dirty Boy "move along" BP and the shells/canisters are missing .so i need to replace them. Looks like screening or foam is inserted in both ends, is this correct?