Dewback Prod Head?

I'm wondering what the latest thinking is on dewback prod heads. I noticed that Brak's Buddy had a schematic for one on his TD reference CD. Is this still current? Had anyone ever figured out what the originals look like (they're kind of hard to make out in the screen-shots!)?

I guess they're not that common, but I'd like to make one.

Turned aluminium I guess?

TC

i just did a quick google search and i´m almost convinced you´re right with your suggestion, Sand_Storm!

good eye!

here are some variations...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope we´ll find the right one... GO! GO! GO! :D

**** you guys are good.

1970s hydraulic couplings- my new peculiar interest, along with 1970s toilet parts and 1970s food containers and 1940s Axis leathergoods...

This is a great hobby. Too much.

1970s hydraulic couplings- my new peculiar interest, along with 1970s toilet parts and 1970s food containers and 1940s Axis leathergoods...

ok, ok reread this sentence and think again.... we´re Star Wars nuts! :peace:

:lol:

So the staff of the prod looks about seven feet long, perhaps a diametre of maybe one and a quarter inches? Or are there any long shots of the whole thing indicating that it is longer?

They kinda remind me of the similar weapons in THX-1138; I don't expect I am the first person to notice that. But they didn't have any coupling-things on the head-end... did they?

:)

I've been wondering what that thing was on the end of the prod myself...I have been wanting to make one but don't have a way to get a good picture off the screen or finding anything on the web.

If your successful, can you post a pictorial for the rest of us. that would be great!

ShortTRooper (Diana)

• 1 year later...

just my little 2 cents worth, when ever trying to find a screen used piece i try to think of what we have already discovered and found as original used part and then to tie into that for example it seems for Sandtroopers that a lot of Plumbing parts were used and again as ive said previously time was of an essence so in stead of actually making a DewBack PROD out of various parts why not just give the actor a ready made object.

i would throw into the Mix Plumbing Drain Rod which come in a variety of sizes and quite a few accesories too ............ seems more logical to me that the Prop Guys would just give them a ready made item "George wants you to hold this its a Prod for that creature your sat on" :P

Posted Image

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it just me or do the tips look like 2 different versions?

The bottom pic looks like it was made out of something like 4 pieces of pvc, and the top pic looks like its has a rounded washer of some sort on it. just my 2 cents