Beyond Over Whelmed

First of all if I lived 100 lifetimes I would not be able to thank each and everyone of you enough.

As I type these words tears are poring down my face, but they are not tears from some of the worst hours of my life but

tears of overwhelming gratitude for each and everyone of you that even just typed kind words.

These last few days have been a roller coaster of raw sadness, bitterness, anger,pain and yes happiness.

The poring of love that MEPD and the rest of the 501st has shown me is more love then any person deserves.

I will not get into the facts of what has happened this moment as I am beyond exhausted emotional and physically.

All I can report is that this was a cruel act of arson that has shaken me to my core.

I have spent the last 2 days sifting through the remains of what was once my house hoping against hope that I would be able to find

something left. Every little photo found feels like winning the lotto.

I am getting super emotional right now and don't want to let my kids see me like this.

I will type more later.

Thank you Brothers

I'm so so sorry for you losses my friend. Just know that we are here for you and want to make things better for you and your family. I am so glad that nobody was home when this happend.

I have seen the overwhelming support by not only the members here but from members all over the world who want to help out. We truly are a family and it is only natural to help out those in need.

Your are a great person Xavier and certainly didn't deserve this. We are by your side through thick and thin. Please please, don't hesitate to call if you need anything. Like I said before, my door is always open.

Ben.

Im a very sorry to hear that you, and your family, have had something like this happen to you.

I wish I could contribute with more than words, but due to financial situation its a bit hard to do so.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

To you dirty bastards!

I think I feel the need to get an MEPD tattoo on my butt after this is all done.

You guys are friken unbelievable! Eddie you have been a rock since the 1st hour. Ben your heart is bigger then your wookie costume! There are sooo many more and Please know that I will thank each and everyone of you!! My brain is still trying to process it all in and I have a small brain to begin with. Each and every post I am going to print and frame for my next house. You all should be proud to be such decent human beings with super cool, dirty costumes.

Once again thank you all for your kind words and generosity. I spent the majority of today doing a final walk through with the help of TK Felixx, Shawn and my family looking for credit card statements and other personal items. Its sad but since a contractor will hall away what’s left the last thing we need is identity theft because there are those who will take advantage of these kinds of situations and with the fire department throwing a ton of my stuff everywhere one can not be too careful.

After tomorrow I will now begin looking through what remains of my hard drives and hopefully be able to pull my kids photos out of them TK Felixx even volunteered to help me do image grabs if I can’t do it myself.

I am thoroughly exhausted but for the 1st time since Sunday mourning it beginning to be more physical then mental. For that I have the 501st to thank. I still have a daunting task in the days and weeks ahead but the uplift you guys have already given me has feeling that no obstacle is tougher then the love you guys have given me.

There are so many I have to personally thank and I promises that I will.

I'm sorry to chime in here so late, I've been detained by my own personal matters.

Regardless, I'm really sorry to hear of your loss but it's wonderful to know so many have stepped up to help you in this time of need. I wish you all the best!

BTW, Paypal sent. I hope it helps you and your family out.

Its difficult for me to write what I want to say in English (hope Spanish will do)...

Hermano, espero que de todo esto que esta sucediendo a ti y a tu familia puedan sacar algo bueno y salgan mas fuertes, mas unidos y mas sabios. El camino, aunque dificil, debe de ser hacia adelante. Recuerda que tus hermanos de armas estaremos apoyandote a cada paso.

Saludos...

Juan

The Value of Nightmares

I was raised in your typical Latino catholic family, where good things came to the little kids who were good and bad things happened to the little kids that were bad. I was told that there is a boogie man and he would come pay me a visit if i was not a good little kid. in time i out grew most childhood fears of such things and for good reason. for standing at over 6'2" 250lbs and being in general a fun loving guy but when provoked i tend to get a little too agro for my own good. so needless to say being the owner of such physical stature for most of my adult life has given me the freedom to live a life where if a boogie man were to existed i am sure that i could kick his *** after a few beers.

anyway as you can tell by the time stamp of this post , sleep and i are not on good terms, in fact if i were dating sleep , i think that i would tell it that ' i think we should see other people', 'its not you its me' or ' i think we would be better off as friends' ... in fact the only sleep i seem to get these days ends up with me waking up from some horrible nightmare.

now i have not had nightmares since geezee honestly can not remember the last time prior to this week that i had a bad dream. i am sure that nightmares are just natures way of telling me that i just got my clock cleaned out by life. or that i should not have had that last slice of pizza before bed, but i think that nightmares have value. what value does one get from waking up in terror night after night you say?

well i think that's like watching titanic for the 1st time and being surprise that the ship sinks at the end. no real logical deduction needed for this no brainier..

the value of nightmares to me is waking up, walking over to my kids room and listening to them sleep peacefully and being reminded to NOT taking one single second of the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me for granted.

i feel a Brian Shelby quote is in order

"Because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet"

you will please excuse me but i have a date with a nightmare and i haven't got a thing to wear

like watching titanic for the 1st time and being surprise that the ship sinks at the end

Does it????

Goddammit!!!!

seriously tho, chin up mate, no matter how bad it seems, you still have your health, a loving family with you, material things are replaceable, recorded memories, not so, but soon will come a time to build new fond memories and in time all this will fade to a distant memory