Clean troopers wanna know

I here about or am asked by so many TK's wanting to go Sandy but don't want to dirty their armor.

So does the 501st allow a TD classification if your clean?

The MEPD does require your armor dirty to be Deployed correct?

I know how things change and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I also ask this so I can tell these guy's to stop bugging me, LOL

Thanks in advance for the answers!

5491 out...

There is the Heavy Weapons Trooper. This is a clean TK with the full kit of a sandtrooper, e.g. TK ab plate, trapezoid sniper plate, etc.

However the HWT is not a license to mix and match as you so choose. FISD will be taking ownership of this costume on 1APR and will publish a draft CRL, etc. soon after.

Cool. I've been looking forward to seeing how the HWT was going to get defined.

There is the Heavy Weapons Trooper. This is a clean TK with the full kit of a sandtrooper, e.g. TK ab plate, trapezoid sniper plate, etc.

However the HWT is not a license to mix and match as you so choose. FISD will be taking ownership of this costume on 1APR and will publish a draft CRL, etc. soon after.

So does this mean that the HWT will definitely not be recognized or affeliated with the TD then. Even when they use specific TD items.. :unsure:

That's up to the LMO. As we've seen, there is not a 100% correlation between detachment and costume designation. For instance, SL is covered by two detachments, so why not TD? Felucian Stormtrooper Commanders are portrayed as TK, but IMHO they should be TX.

To be honest I really don't care what the designation is, but as I said that's up to the LMO to decide.

i was told by several people that the HWT has been a TX since 2006. i'm guessing it stopped being a TD at that time. at the moment it belongs to the Special Operations detachment, who recently submitted the CRL for the costume.

but like Daetrin said, the FISD will be taking it under their wing. I'm assuming it will remain a TX.

Have to say I have never liked the TK pauldron thing.

You can't have your cake and eat it. I say dirty has to be a must that's the fun of being a TD.

I totally agree bro, why half azz it?

Thanks to all for the input/feedback/info.

This version was over in Spec Ops for a while because nobody wanted to touch it, but since it's a TK armor with pauldron, pouches,(not clear on pack) and heavy weapon which has been depicted in artwork, it is now in FISD. Terrell asked me to move my pack tutorial over to the new deal. I'm happy to, I just loaded it up here, and hope to help in any way I can. I feel that since it is the TK armor suit it belongs there, I just wonder if we can transfer it over from this site or what? :unsure:

i was told by several people that the HWT has been a TX since 2006. i'm guessing it stopped being a TD at that time. at the moment it belongs to the Special Operations detachment, who recently submitted the CRL for the costume.

but like Daetrin said, the FISD will be taking it under their wing. I'm assuming it will remain a TX.

As was discussed in the HWT thread in the barrackss, don't get hung on the TD label. HWT is not a Sandtrooper but it is a TD. Unless Thomas changes it, which I don't see, it will remain as a TD label simply because it is so similiar to the TD. I never really understood why FISD took it over. It has more to do with sandtrooper than anything. A garrison mate of mine has one and when he applied for his ID they made a big deal over him needing the Sandtrooper sniper plate and ab plate. He had both the TK ab and knee plate and the Sandtrooper knee plate so it wasn't a big deal but when presented to the GML and the LMO it was specifically stated that he needed the sandtrooper parts.

I always felt MEPD should step up and take ownership of all the "Sandtrooper varients" and I include the SE version, the HWT and the traditional sandtrooper in that. Why duplicate all the efforts on the toutorials etc. on the packs, the pouches, pauldrons, etc.

just my 2 imperial credits.

well they wouldn't be the same tutorials i dont think.

im also not sure WHERE the idea form the HWT comes from except from Thomas. ive never seen one in a film nor in a comic.

can anyone show us where they come from. and last i checked comics dont count, but i could be very wrong.

well they wouldn't be the same tutorials i dont think.

im also not sure WHERE the idea form the HWT comes from except from Thomas. ive never seen one in a film nor in a comic.

can anyone show us where they come from. and last i checked comics dont count, but i could be very wrong.

You see WHT in Battlefront II I believe...

Also in a couple of different Comic books. And yes Comic books are a legitimate source for costume refrences. Most of the other detachments have characters/costumes that are right out of the comic/graphic novels.(Spec Ops, Jolly Rogers, Flagship Eclipse, CT.net, bounty hunter detachment, just to name a few)

The first battlefront had a HWT, Pretty much was a sandtrooper. But the developers where to lazy to go all the way. So really it was a TK Skin with a backpack and a chest pouch also what appears to be a bazooka instead of the MG34 ect...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FISD will be compiling the graphical references, as well as posting a correct CRL and developing deployed standards for this costume.

If you guys have screen grabs - feel free to post them to FISD or email them to me!